Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Quote Originally Posted by Boner_18 View Post
    This guy's mother raised him right.

Nicky Santoro
    Nicky Santoro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9461

i heard on the radio last night that the ball will be worth roughly 400,000$. i wonder if this kid knew this? wait till he goes home and opens the tv and finds out he just threw away half a million dollars. They better hire someone around the clock to watch the George Washington Bridge. I have a feeling some 23 yr old kid might be paying a visit there soon..

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8491

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    i think Jeter's 3000 ball would go for over a million in the open market.....Tons of Yankee fans around the country with more money than they know what to do with it

It's probably one of the most valuable pieces of sport memorabilia....All of those homerun balls are worth a ton but there will always be one of them because it's a homerun ball......Only two 3000 hit balls are out there (homeruns that fans get) in the world and it's Jeter as well
    Barry Bonds Homerun #756 Ball Sold at $752,467 so yes you could be right. Maybe a cool Million or half million at least
    He must be mentally challenged or is it possible he's a "spread the wealth" type of guy?
    Last edited by DwightShrute; 07-09-11 at 03:40 PM.

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage
    keyboarding's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 972

At the very least the fukk could have asked the organization to donate to a charity of his choosing. Dumb fukk.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

Quote Originally Posted by BRAVES1985 View Post
    a classy yankee fan wtf???? ..... im on yanks pretty big

There are more unicorns in existence than there are classy Yanks

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky Santoro View Post
    i heard on the radio last night that the ball will be worth roughly 400,000$. i wonder if this kid knew this? wait till he goes home and opens the tv and finds out he just threw away half a million dollars. They better hire someone around the clock to watch the George Washington Bridge. I have a feeling some 23 yr old kid might be paying a visit there soon..
    I wonder if he could get it back legally claiming he didn't know the true value.

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Quote Originally Posted by Wiggums5 View Post
    Jeter is a dick head. 6 or 7 years ago he was on a rehab stint at Trenton Thunder and my buddy had season tickets at the time so we got to the ball park early and waited by the dugout to get autographs. He was the only one in the dugout at the time and didn't even acknowledge us and walked back into the clubhouse. Point being I was like 14 or 15 at the time and the homo still wouldn't do it.
    I've been there, brother. Fukk Derek Jeter. I would've kept the fukkin ball just to break it off in that prikk.

Then I would've said "this is for my SBR brother Wiggums, dikkhead".......right before I threw the bitch in the Hudson River.

Fukk Jeter......he ain't no SBR pro.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

BRAVES1985
    BRAVES1985's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1975

Quote Originally Posted by itchypickle View Post

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Dude was probably a true Yankee fan and 4 Legend Suite seats are Gold for a guy who's probably happy with his $10 an hour job....not everyone is a greedy fuk like jj Gold

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Sanchez View Post
    Dude was probably a true Yankee fan and 4 Legend Suite seats are Gold for a guy who's probably happy with his $10 an hour job....not everyone is a greedy fuk like jj Gold
    True Yankee fan or not, he got the shit end of the stick......Would you throw away a winning lotto ticket??

9nickel
    9nickel's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3183

Jay Z is a huge Yankees fan.. he probably would have given him a million for it haha

Sunde91
    Sunde91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

how many 100s/1000s of dollars has this idiot put into the yankees so he can pay to watch smug bums like Jeter, who do not give one fuk about him, make millions for swing a bat?

And now he just gives the most valuable item his shit life has ever come across in some misguided gesture of righteousness

pussface

Bluehorseshoe

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Sanchez View Post
    I don't think it's greedy at all if he looked to get money for it. The guy threw away a house for his family.

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10300

Quote Originally Posted by itchypickle View Post

They are not referring to the
    Union Army.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

I'm a diehard Yankees fan and here's the reason why I think the guy was a moron/ it isn't greedy to sell to the highest bidder: 10 minutes after Jeter hit 3000 Yankees Stadium was selling t-shirts, hats, etc for Jeter's 3000 hit.....Also a commercial kept coming on on the YES Network for fans to call in and buy Jeter 3000 memorabilia.

If the Yankees Org. is cashing in on 3000, the guy who caught the damn ball shouldn't have a problem doing it as well.

Makes me sick that people can really defend this guy

305GURU
    305GURU's Avatar Become A Pro!

Im a die hard yankee fan and Jeter is one of my favorite players of all-time but i think i would need some dough and suites for a couple seasons, regardless jeter had a great day going 5-5 and going yard for 3K

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by 305GURU View Post
    Im a die hard yankee fan and Jeter is one of my favorite players of all-time but i think i would need some dough or suites for a couple seasons, regardless jeter had a great day going 5-5 and going yard for 3K
    If he wanted to go that route and give it back to Jeter, I would tell the Yankees to give me a suite or 6 of the best seats in the house to my family for life

bobbyfk
    Las Vegas Local
    bobbyfk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1506

Quote Originally Posted by Br0nxer View Post
    not booby slow. but slow none the less

keenecharger21
    keenecharger21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

whatever happened to the nothings free in this world slogan lol

Bluehorseshoe

"Hi, would you like to buy a Verizon phone?? I don't want any money for it."
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 3 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Lou, wiffle, and BigDan

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8491
    Last edited by DwightShrute; 07-09-11 at 04:24 PM.

supr_villn
    the play never changes
    supr_villn's Avatar Become A Pro!

jeter's HR -> "plus" on a day he goes 5/5 ftw ,, no less ..

wtf ?? u couldn't get that off this negro w/ a taser !

Holtgetsback
    Holtgetsback's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1402

they should have given this guy a lifetime supply of nathans hot dogs

i bet the kid bleeds chocolate milk

bigsmitty
    bigsmitty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 370

Quote Originally Posted by keyboarding View Post
    Most guys will only get one or two chances their entire lives to be "somebody". You pass those opportunities up you are no longer entitled to complain that you "never get a break." Guy is either retarded, already financially comfortable, or was pressured by everyone around him into a bad decision.
    Agreed. My money would be on a mix of mentally slow and a "true blue Jeter fan". Derek is laughing at him and eating popcorn from Cameron Diaz's hand right now. Ciao

chantrain
    chantrain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by Boner_18 View Post
    This guy's mother raised him right.
    **** that shit man, broke people gotta do whatever they can to get ahead. If it was me I'd have sold it on Ebay
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: TR88

Br0nxer
    July 2012 Poster of the Month
    Br0nxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 888

Quote Originally Posted by Grits n' Gravy View Post
    Were you trying to blow him too?
    get off my fukkin dikk kid

go play with your toy cars or some sh1t like that

Nicky Santoro
    Nicky Santoro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9461

i would bet everything i have that it wasn't because he was a nice guy. my money is on he had no idea it was worth half a million. you think if his buddy told him, hey man, you can't give that away for free, it's 500k cash in your pocket if you keep it.. you think his answer would have been, i dont care about 500k, i want nothing for it.. yeah right. he would have said... really man, you serious?? i can get 500k for this.. fukk it then, i am not giving it away.. I AM RICH NOW..

chantrain
    chantrain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

i would bet everything i have that it wasn't because he was a nice guy. my money is on he had no idea it was worth half a million. you think if his buddy told him, hey man, you can't give that away for free, it's 500k cash in your pocket if you keep it.. you think his answer would have been, i dont care about 500k, i want nothing for it.. yeah right. he would have said... really man, you serious?? i can get 500k for this.. fukk it then, i am not giving it away..
    so he's a moron then. Well in that case, he doesn't deserve the money.

Sunde91
    Sunde91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

the word "hamburger" should be reserved fuks for this

the classic fat fuk clueless American

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

dumb poor people do dumb stuff with money all the time. whether or not he spent it on dumb stuff or gave it away does not matter.

bigballer891
    bigballer891's Avatar Become A Pro!

i would bet everything i have that it wasn't because he was a nice guy. my money is on he had no idea it was worth half a million. you think if his buddy told him, hey man, you can't give that away for free, it's 500k cash in your pocket if you keep it.. you think his answer would have been, i dont care about 500k, i want nothing for it.. yeah right. he would have said... really man, you serious?? i can get 500k for this.. fukk it then, i am not giving it away.. I AM RICH NOW..
    I agree, did you guys not here his interview on the yes network, he said that he was a college grad with some political degree and that he was struggling to get by selling phones for verizon. Theres no way he knew how much it was worth.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32317

Who are we to judge the kid.

mike1234
    ??
    mike1234's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17413

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    I'm a diehard Yankees fan and here's the reason why I think the guy was a moron/ it isn't greedy to sell to the highest bidder: 10 minutes after Jeter hit 3000 Yankees Stadium was selling t-shirts, hats, etc for Jeter's 3000 hit.....Also a commercial kept coming on on the YES Network for fans to call in and buy Jeter 3000 memorabilia.

If the Yankees Org. is cashing in on 3000, the guy who caught the damn ball shouldn't have a problem doing it as well.

Makes me sick that people can really defend this guy
    Exactly - plus this guy probably payed $35 for parking and $12 per beer in one of the biggest dump neighborhoods in the country. We fans are stupid.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

heard yesterday the ball would fetch half a million.

i think his mama raised a dumazzzz.

Tower
    Tower's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4571

So if you found a lottery ticket on the ground you wouldn't cash it in??

First 12345 ... Last