bigsmitty
    bigsmitty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 370

Home Field Advantage

Would you guys agree that in general a MLB team should be "ten percent better" with home field advantage? By ten percent better I mean that if a given pitcher has an ERA of 3.00, with home field this can be reduced to 2.70. Similarly, if a given team's offense were lumped into one sum-say 50 for example, this could be increased to 55. I realize there are stats already provided for "home/away" but I'm looking to come up with a general rule. Let me know your opinions and good luck!

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

some pitchers and and some offenses are opposite home and away, you cannot base a rule off of this...they are all team/pitcher specific

bigsmitty
    bigsmitty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 370

Yeah, you may be right Bester. The home/away stats over ten games that are provided might be the best for practical purposes. Cheers

BigDan
    BigDan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by thebestthereis View Post
    some pitchers and and some offenses are opposite home and away, you cannot base a rule off of this...they are all team/pitcher specific

this.

Lord and Master
    Lord and Master's Avatar Become A Pro!

home team wins about 55-56% of the historically which means a -120 true line is pricing the two teams as a dead even matchup