rnunez91
    rnunez91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4981

how good is a knuckleball in rain and humidity?

I def know it wont benefit the knuckleball, but how does it play with the rotation and speed? If im not mistaken it actually causes the pitcher 2 not have good control, and causes the ball to spin because of grip. I have the yankees today for 300.00 so lets see how this goes

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

The knuckleball works best wth no weather.

Domes are preferred.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Do we fade Dickey today?

Monitor-Tan
    Tony Romo of Daily Fantasy
    Monitor-Tan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 428

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    The knuckleball works best wth no weather.

Domes are preferred.
    That's partially not true, Knuckleball works best when the wind is blowing towards the pitcher.. The more air resistance the better the knuckeball breaks and dances.. The worst for knuckleballer is to have the wind behind is back as it'll just carry the ball..

rnunez typicall that's true the knuckleballer has harder time gripping the ball when it's wet but I honestly wouldn't put too much weight into it. That'll be dependent on each pitcher. You'd probably be best trying to find data on how he pitches when it rains, if you can find it..

Best of Luck..

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by Monitor-Tan View Post
    That's partially not true, Knuckleball works best when the wind is blowing towards the pitcher.. The more air resistance the better the knuckeball breaks and dances.. The worst for knuckleballer is to have the wind behind is back as it'll just carry the ball..

rnunez typicall that's true the knuckleballer has harder time gripping the ball when it's wet but I honestly wouldn't put too much weight into it. That'll be dependent on each pitcher. You'd probably be best trying to find data on how he pitches when it rains, if you can find it..

Best of Luck..
    he got shelled a few years ago in Atlanta in the rain.

Anybody know where i can find a chart showing direction of wind at Target Field today?