Whippit
    getting to know ms. douglas
    Whippit's Avatar Become A Pro!

Congrats ROYALS Backers

Ian Kennedy pitching like the late Ted Kennedy tonite, he just don't have the magic anymore

Royals faders were fooled.....fooled by Francis

most world civilizations would concur that the name "Francis" don't smack of masculinity

SBR poasters who bet that neutered D-bags lineup are paying a steep price, fooled by Francis

Congrats Royals Backers

jhack704
    jhack704's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1443

the game is long from over dude

BigDan
    BigDan's Avatar Become A Pro!

kc is so fukking terrible. these pussies do nothing but hit until ppl actually get on base then 4get about it. there only damn run came off a dp.

Bald Bull
    Bald Bull's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BigDan View Post
    kc is so fukking terrible. these pussies do nothing but hit until ppl actually get on base then 4get about it. there only damn run came off a dp.
    asinine they had 1st and 2nd with no one out in the last inning and didn't bunt

baseball 101

BigDan

Quote Originally Posted by Bald Bull View Post

baseball 101

seems like these pricks have guys on every inning of every game, yet dont score shit.

jhack704
    jhack704's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1443

ya stop bitching az will be winning in a min and win the game

BigDan

If you on Zona dont worry to much, Francis wont hold up forever w/o support.

Bald Bull

royals had their chances to put this game away

this is arizona's to win now, i'm afraid

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

I'm going to give Whip the benefit of a doubt, and say this was a reverse jinx thread

Bald Bull

all started with not getting two runners into scoring position with no one out in the bottom of the fourth

royals manager is guilty of this debacle

Whippit

sorry guys I was looking at the Texas score

hopefully Royals still pull this out

BigDan

royals had their chances to put this game away

this is arizona's to win now, i'm afraid

Im just on the over. sick of ever betting these fuksticks, mother fukkers can Fuk up a wet dream. Hopefully d-bags put up a 9 spot this inning.

Bald Bull

Im just on the over. sick of ever betting these fuksticks, mother fukkers can Fuk up a wet dream. Hopefully d-bags put up a 9 spot this inning.
    i have kc

still fuming over the sd +1.5

BigDan

i have kc

still fuming over the sd +1.5

i feel ya, id be pissed. rarely does something like that ever work out in my favor, so ill take it.

Whippit

kennedy pitch count near 80 already

he'll be on ice soon

jds07v
    jds07v's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 388

baseball 101

Depends on which baseball theory you subscribe to. I for one am in favor of the sac bunt to move the runners over.

It increases your chance for ONE run, although it greatly decreases your chances of the big inning. I've read the moneyball book and seen the numbers. But against a great pitcher, I think you have to get as many guys into scoring position as possible, use productive outs to scratch out runs

BravesandMagic
    BravesandMagic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 198

3x on the dbacks. let's go. Once again, who in their right mind would bet on Francis?

Whippit

I'm sure all KC bets are action, not listed

Bald Bull

Quote Originally Posted by jds07v View Post
    Depends on which baseball theory you subscribe to. I for one am in favor of the sac bunt to move the runners over.

It increases your chance for ONE run, although it greatly decreases your chances of the big inning. I've read the moneyball book and seen the numbers. But against a great pitcher, I think you have to get as many guys into scoring position as possible, use productive outs to scratch out runs
    already up 1-0, you put the guys in scoring position

period

Bald Bull

Quote Originally Posted by BravesandMagic View Post
    3x on the dbacks. let's go. Once again, who in their right mind would bet on Francis?
    you don't win a lot in baseball do you?

BigDan

When you a scrub team like kc and all you do is hit into double plays id say maybe you should think about moving the guys over, not that im convinced anyone on that team could execute a bunt with runners on, im sure with bases empty it wouldnt be a problem.

Moneyball, what a joke that guy is. Ill give him credit he knows how to market himself but ive yet to see the results. Book should have been called "I got lucky and 3 of the 100's of pitchers i traded for or drafted worked out so i had a decent little run of making the playoffs in a joke division". I guess that title wouldnt be as catchy.

Bald Bull

Book should have been called "I got lucky and 3 of the 100's of pitchers i traded for or drafted worked out so i had a decent little run of making the playoffs in a joke division". I guess that title wouldnt be as catchy.
    probably wouldn't fit on the cover, but much more appropriate

jds07v

I'm not saying you shouldn't bunt them over. I am all for it.

But the statistics show that in the long run bunting the runner over decreases your chances of scoring multiple runs in the inning. In this spot, they should've moved them over, as Kennedy is a pretty damn good pitcher.

I will try to find the article on this. I was a little surprised when I read it. But even after reading it, I still don't believe in it

Whippit

Moneyball, what a joke that guy is. Ill give him credit he knows how to market himself but ive yet to see the results. Book should have been called "I got lucky and 3 of the 100's of pitchers i traded for or drafted worked out so i had a decent little run of making the playoffs in a joke division". I guess that title wouldnt be as catchy.

clown Ben Stiller should be playing the lead role, not Brad Pitt

maybe Stiller will do the broadway version

BigDan

I'm not saying you shouldn't bunt them over. I am all for it.

But the statistics show that in the long run bunting the runner over decreases your chances of scoring multiple runs in the inning. In this spot, they should've moved them over, as Kennedy is a pretty damn good pitcher.

I will try to find the article on this. I was a little surprised when I read it. But even after reading it, I still don't believe in it

I dont always disagree with that, its all about the situation and your team. Sure if i got a stacked lineup like Bos or Nyy im not wasting any outs, but if i got a bunch of pussies that get all anxious when runners are on base and swing at whatever the **** gets thrown up there i might try and move the guys over. Also when i got a pitcher busting his ass in a 1-0 ball game im gonna do everything i can to get that guy 1 more run.

BigDan

Man on second less than two outs, anyone care to wager that he is still sitting there at end of inning?

RockyMiavia
    RockyMiavia's Avatar Become A Pro!

What the hell dude, I just came back home and saw this thread and thought the D-backs were down big, they're up 3-1. KC has done nothing. I have the 1 unit on Arizona and 1 unit on total game to be Over. Looks like I will win 1 and lose 1. Hopefully Arizona can put up some big scores in the later innings hic.

BravesandMagic
    BravesandMagic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 198

you don't win a lot in baseball do you?
    this coming from a guy who is playing the royals with francis pitching good luck to you.

and for your info, if the dbacks hold up, I will end the day with a 3-1 day. not bad if you ask me.

Bald Bull

let's see if pena can **** this up again

jds07v

we're on the same page BigDan

BigDan

this coming from a guy who is playing the royals with francis pitching good luck to you.

Francis is hardly the reason Kc is losing this game.

Bald Bull

and for your info, if the dbacks hold up, I will end the day with a 3-1 day. not bad if you ask me.
    how are you doing on the year

seems like you're always bitching about another square loss

you're right, the royals never win with francis pitching

he's the worst pitcher in baseball

winless on the season right?

BigDan

you gotta be kidding they actually get a hit with a man on second and they still dont score

Bald Bull

keep laying that road chalk bravesandmagic

you'll be broke by mid-august

EXhoosier10
    EXhoosier10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4390

When you a scrub team like kc and all you do is hit into double plays id say maybe you should think about moving the guys over, not that im convinced anyone on that team could execute a bunt with runners on, im sure with bases empty it wouldnt be a problem.

Dan, you still need money to build a longstanding successful franchise. Nobody goes to those OAK games and when you have payrolls of ~60mil, it's tough to buy those necessary players that put your team over the top.

The book isn't about uncovering that magic elixir that will make them win every year. The book, like "The Extra 2%", is about a man exploiting a market inefficiency. Beane and others on his staff believed in this stuff. Do you think it's just a fad that every single major league team has its own statistical analysis team??

Using ERA and AVG alone to estimate future performance is like using your eyes to measure 8 ounces of water rather than pouring it into a measuring cup. ya, you can probably come pretty close the majority of the time, but the measuring cup, like FIP and wOBA are better estimates of performance than ERA and AVG.

12 Last