4seasons
    4seasons's Avatar Become A Pro!

Expecting the Marlins to play hard today ...

... for dearly departed Edwin . Though everything is in Tampa's favor for this one, and I mean everything, I'm not taking the Marlins lightly here. Edwin was so beloved, even the owners loved him as they didn't fire him, despite the teams internal demise this month. Some major internal riff between the owners and the players is what has this very capable team not bringing their 'A' game. Losing 1-run games is all about heart, desire, and which team wants it more. When the Marlins lost like 9 in a row at the beginning of the month, and like 8 out 9 were ALL 1-run losses, that's a team not having the will. Since then, the team's woes have worsen.

Losing their ace Josh Johnson due to injury, and then their closer Nunez, and then their star Hanley, is what contributed to the Marlins not playing as well. Though they have these guys back pretty much, and this was a first place team, who is capable of crushing the Rays. So beware, don't be fooled to think that the Marlins won't have their hearts back for a game to honor Edwin today, who has no blame for the players' injuries, and only so much control over the owner/player internal dealings.

With that said, Tampa's ace against the Marlins' Volstad, and Hanley DH'ing (don't like Hanley not in the infield) and Wise leading off (don't like), Marlins still reeling, Tampa playing solid, money has to be on Tampa ML.

TB ML @ -200 LP

Last edited by 4seasons; 06-19-11 at 12:44 PM.

gryfyn1
    gryfyn1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Rasheed agrees

eachdolphin636
    eachdolphin636's Avatar Become A Pro!

they play hard does that mean they win i think nooooot

headhunter34
    headhunter34's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 559

the marlins are a mess. they have one of the worst owners in all of sports

jhack704