boeing power
    boeing power's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

Oswalt and Philly are dogs tonight?

philly has the best record in the league and they are dogs tonight with oswalt on the hill.

books love giving away easy money

mariners on no play

opinions?

starfire
    starfire's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1130

I Bit!
    aonther Trap, like Nyy game

Avenger
    Avenger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

I'm loving the under.

BOL whatever you chose.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

i'm on the mariners fuk it.

boeing power

probably no play for me because philly has won 7 in a row

a gun to my head and i would take Seattle though

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

M's are favored because Pineda is better than Oswalt right now.

That said, Seattle offense makes it hard to lay odds with them.

boeing power

LT, no way the mariners should be favored here

pineda is better than oswalt but philly is a much stronger team and should be -120 faves in this spot

public all over philly and line moving the other way

sharps expect mariners to win this game

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Should be a pick'em or Phillies slightly favored.

Pineda is better than Oswalt but Philadelphia's position players are significantly better than Seattle's.

agharah1
    agharah1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1191

Pineda complete game shutout.

BigDan
    BigDan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Safco is a pretty good equalizer, phi wont be knocking everything over the wall.

hey buddy
    hey buddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10423

Long trip out to Seattle for the Phils after a long homestand might have something to do with it too.

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

Looking at the win/loss record and a quick glance at the ERA, it is easy to say pineda is better right now... but if you dig into it more, Oswalt has not been as bad as people think. His record is skewed bc of the lack of run support in games he has pitched. Before last game, he had only given up more then two runs twice all season in 11 games (if it werent for two botched double play balls by Utley and Valdez, it would have only been once). And last game, he gave up 3 runs in the first, but then locked it down and did not give up another the rest of the game to secure the win. He also has a better ERA on the road this season then at home (2.90). I do not have an exact stat for this comment, but watching this team last year and this yr, it has become evident that each of the fab four starting pitchers have a tendency to ride out each others momentum. They dont like to be shown up by each other, and so after one puts out a strong outing, the others usually follow. Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels have both pitched gems this week, and I would not be suprised to see Oswalt follow in their footsteps.

On the other end of things, Pineda has been a stud this year in his rookie season. Other then getting roughed up in his last start by detroit, he has been pretty great this year. One stat that sticks out to me though is his stat vs lefties. He has given up 5 more hits, 10 less strike outs and .40 worse batting average in 5 less at bats vs lefties and has not seen a lefty loaded offense like Philly is going to throw at him tonight. I think this will be the difference.

I see a pretty low scoring game, but do think that the lefty loaded offense for Philly will be something that Pineda has not dealt with yet this year. I think this, along with Phillys momentum and a strong performance from Oswalt will produce a phills win. It is not often you get this kind of value on philly. I am definately a phillie fan dont get me wrong, but I rarely bet them bc the value is not usually there. But tonight, it is a different story.... Oswalt's w/l record (not performance), has this line backwards...

4-2 phills Win

antifoil
    Update your status
    antifoil's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6611

oswalt isn't as good as you think. he is not missing bats. oswalt is a strike out pitchers that likes to challenge batters. if he is not missing bats he is not that good. his k /9 rate is way down.

ERA is a poor man's stat when capping baseball. if you aren't doing sabermetrics then you aren't doing it right.

Affirmed3
    Affirmed3's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think the Mariners will win tonight

ParlayJunkie
    ParlayJunkie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 544

Under should be the play in this one.

Twerp
    Twerp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 228

Mariners for me!

goblue12
    goblue12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 453

LOL at the squares betting into Phillies -110 at the MGM or Phillies -105 at Caesars.

dlunc3

you guys are over thinking this one too much... Cubs were the play this afternoon, but phills are the play tonight

boeing power

Best team in the majors on a 7 game win streak and with a very good pitcher starting and are dogs

Great value on the phillies tonight

Mariners win 3-1

BRAVES1985
    BRAVES1985's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1975

Quote Originally Posted by dlunc3 View Post
    Looking at the win/loss record and a quick glance at the ERA, it is easy to say pineda is better right now... but if you dig into it more, Oswalt has not been as bad as people think. His record is skewed bc of the lack of run support in games he has pitched. Before last game, he had only given up more then two runs twice all season in 11 games (if it werent for two botched double play balls by Utley and Valdez, it would have only been once). And last game, he gave up 3 runs in the first, but then locked it down and did not give up another the rest of the game to secure the win. He also has a better ERA on the road this season then at home (2.90). I do not have an exact stat for this comment, but watching this team last year and this yr, it has become evident that each of the fab four starting pitchers have a tendency to ride out each others momentum. They dont like to be shown up by each other, and so after one puts out a strong outing, the others usually follow. Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels have both pitched gems this week, and I would not be suprised to see Oswalt follow in their footsteps. On the other end of things, Pineda has been a stud this year in his rookie season. Other then getting roughed up in his last start by detroit, he has been pretty great this year. One stat that sticks out to me though is his stat vs lefties. He has given up 5 more hits, 10 less strike outs and .40 worse batting average in 5 less at bats vs lefties and has not seen a lefty loaded offense like Philly is going to throw at him tonight. I think this will be the difference. I see a pretty low scoring game, but do think that the lefty loaded offense for Philly will be something that Pineda has not dealt with yet this year. I think this, along with Phillys momentum and a strong performance from Oswalt will produce a phills win. It is not often you get this kind of value on philly. I am definately a phillie fan dont get me wrong, but I rarely bet them bc the value is not usually there. But tonight, it is a different story.... Oswalt's w/l record (not performance), has this line backwards... 4-2 phills Win
    Quote Originally Posted by dlunc3 View Post
    you guys are over thinking this one too much... Cubs were the play this afternoon, but phills are the play tonight

boeing power

Quote Originally Posted by boeing power View Post
    Best team in the majors on a 7 game win streak and with a very good pitcher starting and are dogs

Great value on the phillies tonight

Mariners win 3-1

really thought the books where giving away free money with the phillies tonight

boys when it looks easy and the public like it, go the other way, that's the best advice i can give

BRAVES1985

really thought the books where giving away free money with the phillies tonight boys when it looks easy and the public like it, go the other way, that's the best advice i can give

boeing power

Quote Originally Posted by BRAVES1985 View Post
    Braves, some of these guys are hilarious

the books knew that philly would get pounded as a dog especially after 7 wins in a row

and the squares took the bait as usual

i love it

BRAVES1985

Braves, some of these guys are hilarious the books knew that philly would get pounded as a dog especially after 7 wins in a row and the squares took the bait as usual i love it
    only the philly fans bet on philly tonight they thought this was free money

point is ... vegas knows whats up

dlunc3

How did your 1400 on Vancouver work out for you the other night?

drfunkmaster
    printing it
    drfunkmaster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1065

and thats why they lost

Vin_vermillion
    Vin_vermillion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Does the guy from Philly ever think they will lose? Lol