goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2270

Play devils advocate with my picks

Hey guys if you see any picks below and would have a good argument against a certain game please post. Im struggling in baseball so far and any help would be appreciative. Thanks!

Florida-118
    Houston+128
    KC-115
    Boston+109
    Angels-155
    Milwaukee-167

goduke

LGHT
    LGHT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 67

Do you have any reason why you picked those or just pulling picks out of a hat?

goduke

yeah....

Florida because Atlanta struggles to score, florida needs a win bad to bust out of their slump and lowe sucks
    Houston because Garcia does awesome at home but seems only be average on the road
    KC i picked strictly because Toronto normally doesnt do well in KC
    Boston because Burnett sucks, Bostons bats are heating up and the Yanks might not have Tex
    Angels because Weaver is pitching and they need a win baaaddd plus if the angels cant score then they need a pitcher on the mound that can hold a team to 0 or 1 run

Milwaukee because they have a strong home record

goduke

apparently not a lot people willing to give feedback today

LGHT
    LGHT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 67

Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    yeah....

Florida because Atlanta struggles to score, florida needs a win bad to bust out of their slump and lowe sucks
    Atlanta scored 19 runs in the last 5 games and has a team ERA of .215, but do you know how Nolasco does against Atlanta's starters? I took Danks who was 0-8 early this week and had a horrible ERA, but against SEA he was 4-0 and had an ERA against those specific startes that was around amazing.

Your taking FL because they are "due"?? Well there is a reason why they lost 6 in a row do you know why? I mean did you look at the problems with FL?? Was it they where up against a great team, they couldn't hit, or was it just bad pitching or maybe the bullpen?

If it's lack of runs, but good pitching support and you know ATL hasn't been hitting the better play may be on the under, however if they had a few bad starts because a pitcher was just sent to the DL and the rookie starters gave up a couple of games yet they scored an avg of 4 runs per game and NOW they have their ace then I would lean toward FL.

You have some good reasons, but did you spend the time to look at all the angles to see if there are any key stats that may help determine the outcome?

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'd be very leary of laying that kind of number with Milwaukee today. Nothing personal, but 1st off it's square as hell, 2nd off, Pelfrey sucks but he might be coming off his worst outing of the season.

bol