ThingsFallApart
    ThingsFallApart's Avatar Become A Pro!

Can anyone explain roughly how lines are calculated

I roughly understand how it works in basketball(college specifically) and had a pretty good season there, but can someone tell me what the determining factors are for linemakers on baseball?
    Considering most of the time the lines are created before the previous game is even over, it must purely be very advanced pitcher, park, defensive numbers.

Can anyone help out or list a site that gives good linemaker-like stats (like kenpom for CBB)

MoneySportsGuy
    MoneySportsGuy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yeah I couldn't help you, but I do remember seeing a thread on here about 2 or so weeks ago explaining it all, so might want to look in archives or wait till somebody reposts it...

BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5368

oh, if only there were a kenpom for baseball...

MoneySportsGuy
    MoneySportsGuy's Avatar Become A Pro!

love kenpom, that is amazing. I would love to find a site like that for baseball or even close to it!
    I am curious what cappers on here use as the research and what sites they go to, I haven't really good good ones, and its just confusing on here at times reading all the theads with a million different systems my gosh

ManBearPig
    ManBearPig's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySportsGuy View Post
    love kenpom, that is amazing. I would love to find a site like that for baseball or even close to it! I am curious what cappers on here use as the research and what sites they go to, I haven't really good good ones, and its just confusing on here at times reading all the theads with a million different systems my gosh
    Read through this, it will give you a good idea of where to start or what it takes. I'm sure there are others as well, but it's a start and is a fairly quick read. I've found baseball reference to be a pretty helpful site for baseball stats. Also the pitcher rankings based on NPERA put out by Sagrin are supposed to be fairly solid.

From there, I would say find a good book to fill in the rest and I wish I had a recommendation but I don't at the moment. Maybe someone can fill in the blanks or hit the search engine and see what comes up. As someone who is fairly new to betting on baseball that's what I usually do when I can't find an answer I seek. Hope this helps.