1. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1st half 5 inn

0 0%
  • Full game

1 100.00%
    jay777
    jay777's Avatar Become A Pro!

5 inn or full game

What's the better bet? It's happened at least ten times this year, I had a winner after 5 inn and ended up getting jerked by $hit pens. I tend to bet the whole game but I'm thinking of changing to 5 inn game. opinions?

losemyloot
    Update your status
    losemyloot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4175

If you don't take bullpens into consideration when you are capping then bet the 5 inning line.

jorge1
    OM
    jorge1's Avatar Become A Pro!

My thought and reasoning is the following:

Are games priced by overall results? or are games priced by pitching matchups? I would say alot of games, NOT ALL, but alot are priced by pitching matchups...so it would make more sense to bet the FF if you are betting a fave. if you are betting a dog, i would say a complete game would be better, using this reasoning ofcourse...i have no numbers to back this up.

i agree, baseball can be erratic and a game can change so much in one inning, so I think when capping sides that betting FF is a better bet. Also, one thing to consider. Books who have 5 cent lines do not offer those for the FF, they mostly offer dime lines.

This extra 5 to 10 cents you might lose add up over time. Ive bet over 600 games this season already, so those 5 cents mean somewhere around 30 units difference!

something to think about.