onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4663

Who will be the next Yankee target?

So with Matsui out for 3 months, who will the Yankees go after to fill that void in left field?

Here are some possibilities.

Filling the Godzilla void
    May 12 - According to the New York Daily News, the Yankees will replace Hideki Matsui (broken wrist) from within -- for now. GM Brian Cashman does not anticipate much being available on the trade market, though that won't stop him from looking now that the Bombers will be without their left fielder for at least a few months and, perhaps, the rest of the year.

The Yankees are expected to inquire about the availability of Minnesota's Torii Hunter and Philadelphia's Bobby Abreu, but there could be lower-level options like Shannon Stewart or Reggie Sanders available, too. One wild card is Nationals left fielder Alfonso Soriano.

The Marlins, who are shedding salary, could decide to trade Miguel Cabrera, but the Yankees probably don't have enough to land him, the Hartford Courant reports.

presley177
    presley177's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think the most likely candidates are Sanders or Aubrey Huff. I think Hunter is staying...Abreu is staying for now(and the Yankees don't have enough to get him anyway) and there's absolutely NO WAY they could get Cabrera.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think Shannon Stewart will end up replacing him.

presley177

Quote Originally Posted by Illusion
    I think Shannon Stewart will end up replacing him.
    Terry Ryan is one of the most coservative G.M's out there...I don't see it happening quite yet...although then again I don't really see *any* team willing to help the Yankees.

Yankees have no prospects. really no leverage

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

i think Reggie Sanders makes the most sense really. they should be able to pick him up perty cheap via a trade, and he's a solid player "if" he doesn't get injuried.

presley177

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan
    i think Reggie Sanders makes the most sense really. they should be able to pick him up perty cheap via a trade, and he's a solid player "if" he doesn't get injuried.
    it does..because the Royals will dump his salary for a decent mid 20's double A pitcher more than likely..