bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Matchups set for eighth ACC-Big Ten Challenge

That IU/Duke game should be a damn good game. OSU has some really good recruits comming in this year too.

North Carolina and Ohio State, programs with two of the better incoming freshman classes, will meet in one of the feature pairings of the eighth annual ACC-Big Ten Challenge.

Duke, the only school to be 7-0 in the challenge, will face Indiana for the second straight season. The Blue Devils won last year's game 75-67 as the ACC won the matchup of two of the country's top conferences for the seventh straight season.

The 11 games, announced Tuesday by the two conferences, will be played Nov. 27-29.

Michigan is at North Carolina State on Nov. 27. The games on Nov. 28 are: Maryland at Illinois; Florida State at Wisconsin; Penn State at Georgia Tech; Indiana at Duke; and Miami at Northwestern.

In addition to Ohio State at North Carolina on Nov. 29, Michigan State is at Boston College; Virginia is at Purdue; Iowa is at Virginia Tech; and Clemson is at Minnesota.

Seven-foot Greg Oden and his Lawrence North (Ind.) H.S. teammate Michael Conley headline Ohio State's freshman class. North Carolina has freshman Tyler Hansbrough back from last season's team that finished 10th in the final poll, and he will be joined by an incoming led by point guard Tywon Lawson of Oak Hill (Va.) Academy.

The Great One
    The Great One's Avatar Become A Pro!

Duke plays IU

AND

North Carolina plays Ohio State.

UNC and Ohio State have the top 2 recruting classes in the country with Duke's class with the addition of Lance Thomas is now a distant third.

Wassymac
    Wassymac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

BBD, curious why you think that Duke/IU game will be any good?

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

they seem to have a perty good core of players comming back next season. not to mention they had a good recruiting class this year. i think Sampson's uptemp type pace will fit in nicely with the players they have returning next year.

Wassymac
    Wassymac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

I guess I haven't followed much of the offseason besides the hire of Sampson. Last I heard was quotes from Vaden that he was definitely gone but White was going to stay? Anyone else leaving?