skyscrapers
    Go Big or Go Home
    skyscrapers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 33888

so-called 'Professional' MLB handicapper

It's too bad I didn't come across this forum earlier. I would have saved myself a whole lot of hard-earned money. I've actually paid money for a professional handicapper who works for Docs. Boy was I disappointed and frustrated. I don't know if I can name that person here or not.

Anyway, after reading how good he is and making money here and there and saying he's one of the best in MLB handicapping...I paid $750 for a whole season's worth of MLB picks from this guy. I'm starting to feel I got scammed. I'm truly baffled by many of his picks to be honest and some of the picks I could have found elsewhere for no charge while some picks are so obvious it doesn't need to be handicapped by a so-called 'professional'. Half his picks have no descriptions. I would like to at least know how you came up with those picks. Back yourself up dude. Who knows, you might have just copied that pick from somewhere. Also, he would have so many picks in one day I needed a larger bankroll to keep up. He's doing something like quantity over quality.

I managed to play about 99% of all his MLB picks from opening day Mar. 31. There were a few plays I missed because I didn't have time to put in those bets. Lucky I had missed it otherwise I would have lost even more money. Anyway I used $50 per unit and at the end of May 03 I'm down 32 units and have lost $3,104.82!! That's only a month + a few days!! Over those 34 days I had only 10 winning days.

My problem with him is he seems not to want to talk about it when he's losing. When he's finally won some money that day he couldn't update his website fast enough. To me that seems like a scam...hiding the truth. When he has a rare 2-day small-money winning streak he brags about it. What about the 5-day big-money losing streak before that? Also, I don't care what you did in 2008 or 2009 either.

Has anyone here paid money for a 'professional' handicapping service like I did?
    Anyone of you actually make money in say 1 year and those who lose in 1 year?

This is my first post and I'm sorry if it feels like a rant. I just wanted to know if these people are really trying to scam other people or not. Like I said before, I don't know if I can name that handicapper here or not.

Thx
    Skys

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

Nope. Don't ever pay for picks. Follow the threads of people on the forum and see for yourself who can really pick winners consistently. Don't pay for picks from a stranger that you have no personal history with. You think if these so-called expert cappers are so good that they would need to charge for picks instead of betting their own picks and make loads of money?

boondoggle
    99.82% of forum posters are idiots
    boondoggle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

GoldenGreek is hands down best baseball handicapper in this forum. He makes a lot of picks and is well documented up 248 units for this season alone. You will find his thread in this forum. He posts everyday before the games start.

Don't ever pay for handicapping service. It is a scam.

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Never trust anybody including myself

sports betting/gambling is a cut throat business

as mentioned above NEVER ever paid for picks.

Good luck

ShogunRua
    Update Status
    ShogunRua's Avatar Become A Pro!

Don't ever pay for picks. It's hard enough to win at this as it is...paying for picks makes it even harder.

You did get scammed. I'm sorry to say....

LGHT
    LGHT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 67

I wouldn't say you got scammed unless he posted a 99.9% guarantee you would win. If not then it's a risk you took. When I started out a long time ago I paid for picks, not nearly that much, but I made him promise if I don't end up on the + side he would have to refund me. He said not a problem and he was red hot and I made a ton of money, but more importantly I would get his right up as to why he made the call and learned a lot just from reading why.

Like the game last night where dempster was pitching on his Birthday. He would have been all over that because it's motivation to pitch better than you ever had in your life and guess what. He did!

Call him out, if you paid and don't feel you got good picks then say so. Don't wait until another 3-4 guys fall down the same whole before you say something.

leafs_ducks
    leafs_ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4849

Quote Originally Posted by boondoggle View Post
    GoldenGreek is hands down best baseball handicapper in this forum. He makes a lot of picks and is well documented up 248 units for this season alone. You will find his thread in this forum. He posts everyday before the games start.

Don't ever pay for handicapping service. It is a scam.
    Having a great season thus far doesn't make anyone a great capper. True he's doing well and I have nothing against the guy. Seeing 'best capper on this forum'

Monitor-Tan
    Tony Romo of Daily Fantasy
    Monitor-Tan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 428

I don't know if Smoke will be posting more of his "bailout plays" sounds like you need it my friend.. but seriously, smoke i sa pretty solid capper

skyscrapers
    Go Big or Go Home

Dammit, this Robert Ferringo guy sucks big-time. He's such a loser. Lost again today. Lost 6 days in a row. Lost 9 of the last 10 days and has only 10 winning days since the start of the MLB season (35 total days). I'm down 36 units already and lost $3,400.

Although he has a respectable record of 160-170-18 on his picks, most of his higher-unit picks are a flop. Futhermore, he tends to bet on favorites (even heavy favorites) and many many times it backfires.

You won't hear anything about any of that on their website.
    This guy sucks, and I paid friggin' $750 for a season's worth of BS picks.
    Think twice if anyone considers his services. I made a big mistake

Should have followed GG and it's free too.

skyscrapers
    Go Big or Go Home

Starting tomorrow I'm gonna bet the opposite of what he picks

Joe Dogs
    Joe Dogs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 593

Yeah ,Ferringo is scary.

Lots of volume.

Great if he's winning,but if he's losing.......

puckhandler
    puckhandler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3756

The solution is real simple. Take the opposite of his picks.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Here you go: http://contests.covers.com/Sportscon...1738&sportid=5

Click on pending picks for the plays. Nothing over the top. Just a steady long term record that should continue at more or less the same pace. And free.

pacers101
    pacers101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

fade and hopefully the guy keeps picking crap, so you can make some back. it sucks you dropped that much money for his picks then they were crap picks. BOL man hope you can turn it around

skyscrapers
    Go Big or Go Home

Today I faded Ferringo. I bet opposite on all his 9 picks. Guess what...I'm up 1 unit!! Not much but finally a winning day albeit only up $35.

Hopefully I hope this bozo keeps picking crap so I can continue fading him.

Maybe I shall post some of his BS picks so all of us can fade him.

nickdotcom
    nickdotcom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1025

Quote Originally Posted by skyscrapers View Post

Anyway I used $50 per unit and at the end of May 03 I'm down 32 units and have lost $3,104.82!!

that math doesn't check out

32 units at $50 per = $1,600

skyscrapers
    Go Big or Go Home

I lost on a lot of the favorites. Sometimes 2 units to win 1.
    Also Ferringo is a high volume capper so sometimes I'm up say 2 units but still end up losing money on the day

Gee
    Gee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2327

I may be wrong (check with EI), but I'm pretty sure this was Ferringo last year: http://extrainnings.mysbrforum.com/spreadsheet

At least, until EI gave up with it...

horrible.

skyscrapers
    Go Big or Go Home

I guess it could be Ferringo.
    My spreadsheet this year follows the trend.

- Lots of picks per day. Even if he manages to win 70% of his picks, he still ends up losing money.
    - Losing on many of the heavy favorites
    - Losing on the higher unit plays.

This guy is horrible.

I'll continue to fade him.

nickdotcom

I lost on a lot of the favorites. Sometimes 2 units to win 1.
    Also Ferringo is a high volume capper so sometimes I'm up say 2 units but still end up losing money on the day
    that also doesn't make sense...

Qtip
    Qtip's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 176

Quote Originally Posted by nickdotcom View Post
    that also doesn't make sense...
    Never heard of -200?

High3rEl3m3nt
    SBR's 7 figure Contractor
    High3rEl3m3nt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4134

I see what Nick is saying and maybe the dude is not explaining himself clearly. If you lose 36 units and each unit represents $50, then you have only lost $1800. However, if he has played to win 36, but has risked a lot more by betting heavy favs, then it's possible that he lost over 3g's. He could also be factoring in the cost of the service. Either way he's losing a lot of money following that guy's plays...so let's hope he makes some of it back! BOL

nickdotcom

Ok I see how that would make sense

Quote Originally Posted by High3rEl3m3nt View Post
    I see what Nick is saying and maybe the dude is not explaining himself clearly. If you lose 36 units and each unit represents $50, then you have only lost $1800. However, if he has played to win 36, but has risked a lot more by betting heavy favs, then it's possible that he lost over 3g's. He could also be factoring in the cost of the service. Either way he's losing a lot of money following that guy's plays...so let's hope he makes some of it back! BOL

skyscrapers
    Go Big or Go Home

Thx for explaining High3. That's exactly what had happened.

Extra Innings
    Extra Innings's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 315

Quote Originally Posted by Gee View Post

I may be wrong (check with EI), but I'm pretty sure this was Ferringo last year: http://extrainnings.mysbrforum.com/spreadsheet

At least, until EI gave up with it...

horrible.
    That's the complete season (EVERY PICK).

drfunkmaster
    printing it
    drfunkmaster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1065

Starting tomorrow I'm gonna bet the opposite of what he picks

Why just count your losses gone and start fresh and follow GG.