EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

EP36's College Baseball Dogpile

Have the MLB thread, but my book has started putting up college lines routinely now & I really like betting college baseball when they hit the Regionals, Super Regionals & College World Series. I know not many delve into college baseball betting, but I have enjoyed it the past couple of years and think it offers $$$ making opps. Figured I would try & start earlier and see how soft some of these lines are and/or what I know or don't know. Fade, follow, voyeur me, whatever's clever baby. End result is to get into that dogpile on top of some $$$$.

FRIDAY, APRIL 22
    TEXAS A&M [-160]

The Aggies win with pitching & timely hitting. Oklahoma State, while sporting a solid team ERA, is the best hitting Big 12 team and that's their m.o. - win with offense. That will be on display today as A&M puts out its stopper and one of the best pitchers in the country in John Stilson. As their Friday starter, Stilson has guided the Aggies to a 6-3 mark in games he's started on Fridays. He sports a filthy 1.28 ERA & rarely has been tagged for a lot of runs. Okie State counters with Mike Strong who has started just four times on Fridays. Cowboys are 2-2 in his starts & he's been beat up a couple times for five earned runs or more in those starts.

LGHT
    LGHT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 67

I never met anyone who bet college MLB. How and where do you get your stats. I love betting college football since the bookmakers never seem to fully judge the "personal motivation" factor and dogs often win outright.

EaglesPhan36

College baseball you gotta do lots of stat finding on your own. I usually go to the team's websites. This place is also a good read.

http://www.collegebaseballinsider.com/

bballs84
    bballs84's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40233

Under DOGS to WONDER DOGS once again.. FRESNO STATE shocks the world again this year

EaglesPhan36

I'm just hoping my boys from TCU make it back to Omaha.

bballs84
    bballs84's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40233

Yeah would love FRESNO to actually host the regional this year.. Best mid major in the country.. Been doing it different this year too all pitching and no hitting

EaglesPhan36

Aggies rollin' 9-0. Stilson doing the stud work. 1 hit through 6 IP. 10 Ks. This kid is the shit.

EaglesPhan36

Record: 1-0 [+1.00]

Aggies win 11-2. Have to wait & see what the book posts for Saturday. Only been about 5-6 games each day, so may be days with no plays.

EaglesPhan36

SATURDAY, APRIL 23rd
    UCLA -140

UCLA & Stanford finish their three game set today with the teams splitting the first two. UCLA's pitching got back to its dominant ways behind Trevor Bauer yesterday in a 4-1 Bruins win. Today, super frosh Adam Plutko takes the bump for UCLA. He is just 2-3, but has an ERA under 2.00 this season. He'll be opposed by Stanford senior Danny Sandbrink who is stepping into the rotation today in place of a struggling sophomore pitcher. The Cardinal have had offensive issues since the PAC-10 slate started and have not won a series in their last two PAC-10 clashes. UCLA is seeking to win their third straight PAC-10 series of the season. The Bruins are along the lines of the Aggies yesterday, stellar starting pitching & timely hitting. UCLA leads the conference with a 2.41 ERA, almost a full run better than Stanford. While the Cardinal sport a team batting average over .300 and UCLA at around .270, Stanford have only scored 15 more runs this season than the Bruins. Against a scuffling offense like Stanford that seems to have trouble getting the big hit, if the Bruins get a solid outing from the freshman Plutko, they should be in position to take the rubber game this afternoon and stay right with Oregon State near the top of the conference.

EaglesPhan36

UCLA blew a 4-1 lead in the 9th. Yowch. Got price at -130 instead of -140, sucks balls nonetheless.

Record: 1-1 [-0.30]

EaglesPhan36

TUESDAY, APRIL 26th
    OKLAHOMA +110

Freshman Andrew Miller goes for the Frogs against senior Bobby Shore. OU has a superb offense again, hitting .335 this season. TCU is hitting .303. The Frogs have the edge in team ERA at 2.69 to OU's 3.09. OU has dominated TCU in the past few years with seven straight wins, spanning three seasons. They beat TCU twice last season, one on the road and one at home + once at home in 2011. The Sooners are a solid 6-2 @ Lupton Stadium. Mitchell has a great ERA, but he does not always eat a lot of innings which means TCU will lean on their bullpen again tonight most likely. Mitchell was also roughed up in just one inning of work out of the pen vs. OU, giving up 3 ERs. Shore came in and shut TCU down for 2.2 IP out of the pen. It's likely OU will be ready to use a variety of pitchers as they have often used Shore in & out of the bullpen this season, so he does not always go deep into games either. Fielding could loom large here. TCU had four errors vs. OU in the earlier meeting & have committed some untimely errors this season.

stc9357
    stc9357's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

Look forward to more college ball plays.

EaglesPhan36

Record: 2-1 [+0.80]

Damn Horned Frogs with four errors. Love my alma mater, but you gotta know when to fade and make money. 7-4 OU wins.

EaglesPhan36

I know not too many people check for college baseball lines, but for anyone who checks this thread ... I get my lines from 5Dimes, wondering if your book has NCAA baseball lines daily. Let me know what others have them if you come across them.

EaglesPhan36

WEDNESDAY, APRIL 27th
    NORTH CAROLINA -150

Heels are up against in-state rivals East Carolina. Another classic match-up of offense vs. pitching. Although ECU's team batting average is just 9 points lower than UNC, they have scored 90 less runs than the Tar Heels. ECU does boast the 10th best team ERA in D1 ball whereas UNC is over a run worse than ECU. Both teams toss out sophomore starters today. Munnelly for the Tar Heels who is making start #8 with a 4.50 ERA. Hughes for ECU who has been exclusively in the pen in 2011. Bullpens will be used heavily I would expect. X-factor could be ECU's defense. 53 errors this season and in the earlier meeting this season, ECU committed five errors in a 5-3 loss @ North Carolina. UNC has just 32 errors all season.

EaglesPhan36

Record: 3-1 [+1.80]

UNC with two in the 9th to pull out a 5-4 win.

EaglesPhan36

THURSDAY, MAY 12th
    Ole Miss -155

It's Egg Baseball. Mississippi State @ Ole Miss in a key SEC series for both teams with post-season aspirations. Lefty vs. lefty starter. Big difference is State is tossing out Luis Pollorena who is usually their match-up lefty out of the pen. His lone start this season, he got beat up by Tennessee to the tune of 5 runs in 5.1 IP. State won that game, but that was due to great offense. Ole Miss sends Matt Crouse out. He's their best at 6-4 with a 3.72 ERA. Both teams lack great pitching, so whichever starter gives more tonight is a big edge for his team. Batting averages are similar for the teams, but the Rebels do more with their hits as they rank 2nd in runs scored in SEC play, 30 more than State. With questionable pitching behind Crouse, Ole Miss has to get this first game.

Birdman22
    Birdman22's Avatar Become A Pro!

Love the Ole Miss play.....Big Miss State fan here and our Friday starter is a 5'7 155 lb lefty that is competitive but talent not quite there yet for my Dogs. Ole Miss a big play for me.

EaglesPhan36

Record: 3-2 [+0.25]

Ole Miss shot themselves in the foot continuously and still should have won it. Lost 7-6, committed 4 errors that led to 4 unearned runs. Ole Miss got a big 3 run bomb in the 7th to go up 5-4, but gave up 3 in the 8th. Scored one in the 9th and left the tying run on third. Crazy game, thems the breaks.

EaglesPhan36

Saturday, May 28th

Georgia Tech +135
    This line seems like the books are respecting Florida State's name more than the match-up. Offensively, these two teams are close to even. Tech has a slightly better team batting average, while FSU offers more pop with the long ball. The Seminoles also churned out about 30 more runs than the Jackets did this season. The pitching edge goes to Tech though who have a team ERA of 2.86, while FSU is at 3.52. Both teams were a little iffy fielding the ball at times, Tech with more errors [69 to 61]. Pitching today should favor Tech with sophomore Buck Farmer whose ERA at 2.89 is a full run better than FSU's Mike McGee. McGee is a big game pitcher though, so I don't expect he'll show up and get totally bombed. He's also a staple in the FSU lineup. Both teams have played the same teams so far in the ACC tournament. FSU lost to NC State in a big upset to start, 7-0. Tech also started poorly with a 9-0 loss to Clemson, but got an emotional boost in a 15 inning win over NC State + help from Mother Nature with a rainout of this match-up with FSU yesterday. FSU beat Clemson 6-3. The winner today would have a shot to get to the ACC Championship game with some help in the other pool game where Clemson meets NC State. If Ga.Tech wins, they'd need NC State to win. If FSU wins, they'd need Clemson to win. Early start at 9am ET. FSU won the tournament last season.