Spaghettiball
    Spaghettiball's Avatar Become A Pro!

SpaghettiBall Bases

929. Nyy un 9' -20

Beckett needs a strong outing; he'll be focused. No margin for error with CC on the hill for Ny. Ny/Bos have split their season series last 3 seasons which means this game has a 'playoff' feel to it to these guys. Until Boston's lineup shows up, Boston unders may be a good bet.

Spaghettiball

Gardner LF, Jeter SS, Teixeira 1B, Cano 2B, Granderson CF, Swisher RF, Posada DH, Chavez 3B, Martin C, (Sabathia P)

Spaghettiball

Crawford LF, Pedroia 2B, Gonzalez 1B, Youkilis 3B, Ortiz DH, Cameron CF, Drew RF, Varitek C, Scutaro SS, (Beckett P)

Spaghettiball

969. Tor +61

Sea is a trainwreck without a bullpen. King is overpriced tonight.

Spaghettiball

Quote Originally Posted by Spaghettiball View Post
    969. Tor +61

Sea is a trainwreck without a bullpen. King is overpriced tonight.
    I'm still throwing up...

Spaghettiball

905. Col +02

Better team. Nym pens is a mess; yeilding a .323 opp ba. Oh, & the Mets seem to be flip/flopping at many positions. See what this guy can do & what that guy can do. Their outfield isn't strong either

Spaghettiball

901. Phi -26

Found this on a local Philly site:

'Just saw on Twitter that with Ryan Zimmerman and Adam LaRoche out of the Nationals lineup this evening, Jayson Werth will bat third and none other than Matt Stairs will bat cleanup and play first base'

Spaghettiball

957. Nym +72

If they get this in, that is. Hold your nose.

Spaghettiball

I haven't posted mlb lately, but I have some time the next few weeks so here goes.

959. Fla un 7' +10

Mets Tuesday lineup vs. Florida: Reyes-SS, Thole-C, Beltran-RF, Bay-LF, Murphy-1B, Turner-3B, Pridie-CF, Tejada-2B, Niese-LHP

One thing about the mets, I'll look to play on 'em v. Yankees. Absolutely no pressure on 'em, whereas Florida seems to be a thorn in their side.

DemoralizdDreamr
    DemoralizdDreamr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

Where do u stand bro??
    made some paper thus far??

Spaghettiball

Quote Originally Posted by DemoralizdDreamr View Post
    Where do u stand bro??
    made some paper thus far??
    DD, 1-2, -1.26 on posted plays. 905 Col & 957 Nym were rained out. Been running a bit better lately therefore I thought I'd share.

Spaghettiball

930. Sea +35

I see some value here with Sea being 3-7 L10. Vargas is coming off his best start of the year v. Bal whereas Weaver is going in the opposite direction. Since both SP's have good numbers v. the opposing lineups, I don't think the fact that Sea lineup struggles in general is a big deal here. Score 2-3 runs & you win this game imo.

Spaghettiball

957. Col un 8 -15
    Let's see. With all of the injuries Philly is going thru, their offense has seen better days. Utley & Victorino are still out, Francisco doesn't produce (.218); all of this puts tons of pressure on Howard. Which explains why he is struggling. That said, Mr Blanton should be focused tonight.
    No way Colo plates 5 or 6 runs tonight & Chacin should do fine v. this AAA lineup. First one to 4 wins tonight imo, which keeps this one under.

Ytd
    2-2
    +0.09
    Last edited by Spaghettiball; 05-19-11 at 02:33 PM. Reason: Rotation number

Spaghettiball

Pouring rain/thunder here in Jim Thorpe. Watching the Philly weather, not sure if they'll get this in...I think I pick more rainouts than winners...

Spaghettiball

No Blanton, no play. Elbow issues warming up.

Spaghettiball

914. Nyy un 9 +10

Nym, adding to all of their injuries, have not taken bp on the field for a few days now b/c of weather. That only helps sweaty freddy. R. A. should be effective due to heat/humidity. Someone disagrees, but I like a pitching duel tonight.

Spaghettiball

973. Chc +42

Once again, certainly not a popular play, but Chicago has some value here. I am aware that Chicago is unfamilar with this venue. Ton of errors last night, but these guys are professionals & they'll adapt.
    Big Z > Aceves.
    Imo, others are putting too much stock in the fact that Chicago can't win here. Boston is unbeatable right now, blah blah blah.
    They have been on a tear since their horrible start, so what.
    Chicago was embarrased last night. If they don't give 100% tonight, I'd be shocked. Also, how long will AA last tonight?

http://www.nashuatelegraph.com/sport...r-tonight.html

Don't forget, Cubs can hit too!

GL.

Ytd
    3-2
    +1.19

Spaghettiball

901. Atl un 7 +100

Atl is struggling offensively which obviously puts a strain of their pitching staff. Atl does have Jurrjens throwing tonight which takes Pit's edge away. Their bats are hotter than Atl's, but I still see a low scoring game here. Morton isn't getting much respect it seems, but not much firepower in that lineup he's gonna see tonight. 3-2 type game.

Ytd
    4-2
    +2.61

Notorious_Donk
    Notorious_Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5262

Good call on the Braves/Pirates UNDER 7 pick.

Spaghettiball

977. Kc +36

Yeah, I know Kc stinks on the road (5-12), but Bal is only (13-14) at home & Bal does have one of the weakest lineups in the AL.
    First look at Hochevar is his 3-4 record & 4.36 era. Can't help but notice his 3 starts where he gave up at least 5 ER... & 4 games where he gave up 3 ER.
    Look at bit deeper & you'll see he had 3 starts where he gave up 1 ER thru 7 inn; only managed 1 win, 2 no decisions.

Now look at Arrieta. He's been lit up twice this season, not making it out of the third inn. And one of those was v. The Nats! And they were at home! In 4 other starts he's given up 6 ER in 24 inn.

Kc blew it last night, but they'll hit Arrieta. Not sure who likes Bal, but I'll back Kc here.

GL

Spaghettiball

Quote Originally Posted by Notorious_Donk View Post
    Good call on the Braves/Pirates UNDER 7 pick.
    Thanks man!

Notorious_Donk
    Notorious_Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5262

Quote Originally Posted by Spaghettiball View Post
    Thanks man!
    Your welcome. I like the Royals tonight too, and I am also looking at UNDER 8.5. Kansas City has gone under in 5 of their last 6 games on the road and 5 of the last 7 on the road at Baltimore. Luke Hochevar has gone 2-1 in his last 3 starts with all three games going UNDER the total. Also, the Royals are 5-2 in their last 7 games when playing the Orioles. I'm taking the Royals on the moneyline and under the total.

Good luck!

Spaghettiball

910. Nym -14

I played Morton 'under' about a week ago, but as others have mentioned, he's pitching over his head.
    Hard to pass up the cheap price on Gee at home. We'll see.
    GL

Ytd
    5-3
    +2.61

Spaghettiball

915. Fla +20

Not sure who likes Az in this one. Game opened virtually at pick 'em, now sits at -30/+20.
    Sure Volstad is struggling(0-2, 5.46 era in May) & he is worse on the road(opponents are hitting .330)...yet Fla is 16-9 on the road as a team.
    What pushed me over the edge here is the fact that Saunders struggles at home(opponents are batting .383)...ie, no hfa.
    I'm guessing the line move towards Az is the fact that Saunders pitched very well last time out v. Col. It was, however, his first W!
    Both teams are playing over their heads & I'll take the 'dog.
    GL

Spaghettiball

929. Cws +80

Lester is a stud, no doubt, but he is hittable. That is evident b/c he's been bailed out a number of times from his offense. His W-L record is good, but it's not b/c he shuts everyone down. That is just what Cws needs & getting Peavy at this price is a no brainer. It is hard to tell what we will get from Peavy exactly, but if he's got his stuff, he'll shut any team down.
    GL

Spaghettiball

911. Fla +54

This line is based on Vazquez 6.02 era(3+ runs/game & only 30 K's), Florida's non-impressive offense & Az's 6-1 record with Hudson on the hill.
    That's my impression, but I'm liking Vazquez here. In his last 13 innings, 2ER & 10 K's. Florida fights to win the series & keep pace in the east.

GL

Ytd
    7-4
    +4.41

Spaghettiball

913. Sf ov 7 +05

Sf should get a few off Westbrook, I think his over achieving & will come back to earth. Sure both offenses are streaky, but I feel this number would be at least 8 it Lincecum weren't pitching. My point is that Lincecum is human, as we've seen, therefore I see value in the over. Perfect weather, 83 at game time.

http://dailybaseballdata.com/cgi-bin/weather.pl

GL

Spaghettiball

962. Bal un 7' +100

Boston just outscored Oak 23-11 in a 3 game sweep. That makes it 6 losses in a row for Oak. Their pitching has been awful. Allowing an average of 7 runs in that span. I like Gonzalez's chances against this Baltimore team who has managed 28 runs since 5/27.
    Matusz, off the DL, was solid in his return. 5 2/3 inn allowing 1 ER, 0 BB & 4 hits. His velocity was down, there was some rust, but I'm confident he'll keep Bal in the game tonight. 3 runs may win this game.

GL

Ytd
    8-5
    +4.46

Spaghettiball

929. Tb +54

Haren skipped his last start due to back spasms...hmm.
    La is 14-16 at home, not impressive. In their past 6 games, they've lost 5 of them while scoring 2 runs or less.
    That is music to Cobb's ears, although he may be on a leash tonight. This is his 3rd start, second v. La. May 1st didn't go so well for him, but he has since stopped tipping his pitches. Last outing v. Tx, 2 ER in 6 1/3

Cobb makes his statement tonight.

http://www2.tbo.com/sports/rays/2011...est-ar-235597/

GL.

Spaghettiball

920. Nyy un 8 +05

I would have to assume most, if not everyone, dissgree. I understand the lineups are super, but good pitching beats good hitting. Quick game in the heat tonight.

Ytd
    10-5
    +7.00

Spaghettiball

959. LaD +85

Fading Colo & Ubaldo; at this price, it's hard to pass up. DLR has a great fastball, capable of touching triple digits & compliments it with a very good changeup. He also throws a breaking ball, but it’s his third pitch.

GL
    Ytd
    10-6
    +6.00

Spaghettiball

904. Fla un 8 -15

Duke has been grate since returning from the dl, however, v. Fla, not so good. 0-5 with a 6.49 era. The reason that doesn't bother me? Fla is playing the worst baseball at this moment. Duke will be fine.
    Nolasco, on the other hand, has been very consistent. In 9 of his 13 starts, he's gone 6 inn or more giving up 4 or less runs. In 6 starts v. Az, 5-1, 3.38 era, 0.98 whip.
    All that plus the fact Az is playing over their heads offensively(7th in mlb scoring), puts me on the under 8.

GL
    Ytd
    11-6
    +7.85