Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Capping and Discussions 4/24

Post your comments and leans in this thread. If you have a play post it in the regular best bets thread. Remember, this is for comments and leans only. No results will be tracked from this thread.

Alamorich
    Alamorich's Avatar Become A Pro!

Don't know if you guys been paying attention to the rockies but they have a nice team this year and Fogg has pitched well for them. I see them as a nice dog play tomorrow.

Wassymac
    Wassymac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Looks like Carpenter is going for the Cards tomorrow (on regular rest)...they bumping Soup back

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Alamorich
    Don't know if you guys been paying attention to the rockies but they have a nice team this year and Fogg has pitched well for them. I see them as a nice dog play tomorrow.
    Of all the teams in bases this season I have made the most off of Colorado this year.

PhilRizzo
    PhilRizzo's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't know guys. While the value is great and Fogg has been outstanding, the problem is Fogg has been outstanding if you know what I mean. While they did take 2 out of 3 without Helton, I think a Heltonless Rockies + the start of a road trip + Fogg due for a down game = Phillies victory. But hey, I also thought the Giants would win big on Friday

GL to everyone who plays it!

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

give me you guys thoughts on that A's/Rangers game tonight, if you would please.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan
    give me you guys thoughts on that A's/Rangers game tonight, if you would please.
    The total is too high, but I don't really like either side. Blanton as a dog is always a nice proposition, but he hasn't been solid lately, and the A's are traveling quite a way to play a team that just hammered the Devil Rays in a sweep.

bigboydan

millwood just beat them last week, and he has a 3-0 lifetime record against the A's. it's hard to beat a team twice in roughly a week span, but i can see blanton gettin shelled in this spot too.

EBone
    Washington State +140 over Wichita State
    EBone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

Quote Originally Posted by Razz
    The total is too high, but I don't really like either side. Blanton as a dog is always a nice proposition, but he hasn't been solid lately, and the A's are traveling quite a way to play a team that just hammered the Devil Rays in a sweep.

Just an opinion: I'd go Millwood. I think the A's are having a lot of problems scoring runs. And, to Razz's point, Blanton has been a bit dicey of late. I think, tonight, runs might be at a premium on the A's side while Texas normally scores in bunches in their park. I did not play it but, if at gunpoint, I'd take the Rangers and eat the chalk or play the runline.

I do actually think the A's can break out of it after Millwood's turn is done.

E

Winston Smith
    Winston Smith's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think the line on the Rangers/A's game is too low. Blanton had a nice year last year, and I made a bunch off of him as a dog, but this year's a different story. He'll likely turn it around in the near future, but I don't think a stop at Arlington with some of the hottest bats around is a likely spot for that.

Of course, CoCo always looms in the bullpen to help the Rangers snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Winston Smith

Another random thought.

Arizona (Webb) @ San Diego (Park): -117/+109

Mets (Glavine) @ San Francisco (Cain): -116/+108

Am I the only one who thinks something's amiss?

Razz

Quote Originally Posted by Winston Smith
    Another random thought.

Arizona (Webb) @ San Diego (Park): -117/+109

Mets (Glavine) @ San Francisco (Cain): -116/+108

Am I the only one who thinks something's amiss?
    The Padres line is mostly due to Park's past performances against AZ, which have been very impressive. I thought about playing them myself.
    I think the Mets line is where it is because of the Mets' loss yesterday, and Cain's success last year.

Razz

I notice a lot of people are consistently laying 1.5 with the Cardinals, and I am by no means saying they won't cover that tonight, but if you really pay attention, their lineup isn't any good. Pujols is amazing, and Rolen has been hitting pretty well, but their other 6 everyday players can't get anything going.
    I don't buy this team at all. They have one great starter, one great player, a couple decent starters and decent players, and a terrible bullpen. I think they are more overpriced than even the Yankees right now.

bama06
    bama06's Avatar Become A Pro!

I notice a lot of people are consistently laying 1.5 with the Cardinals, and I am by no means saying they won't cover that tonight, but if you really pay attention, their lineup isn't any good. Pujols is amazing, and Rolen has been hitting pretty well, but their other 6 everyday players can't get anything going.
    I don't buy this team at all. They have one great starter, one great player, a couple decent starters and decent players, and a terrible bullpen. I think they are more overpriced than even the Yankees right now.
    against anybody else maybe, but the PIRATES are 1-9 on the road and in last place in the entire NL.

Winston Smith

The Padres line is mostly due to Park's past performances against AZ, which have been very impressive. I thought about playing them myself.

That's true. But except for one in August last year, all of those came in '99 through '01. I'm not sure how much they apply.

I think the Mets line is where it is because of the Mets' loss yesterday, and Cain's success last year.

Maybe, but I think that would factor into public perception about zero percent. Mets still being bet at a 3-to-1 rate.

I guess I just don't buy the implication that the Mets have a equal chance of winning as the D'Backs.

Having watched pretty much every Cards' game this year, you're right on about them being overpriced. There'll be plenty of opportunities to bet against them this year, I just don't see tonight as being one of them.

mlwitchking
    mlwitchking's Avatar Become A Pro!

I also agree with the thoughts about the Cardinals. I have tried to watch lots of the games and have been to two of them. The last one was the first game of the Cubs-Cardinals series in which Pujols took control of the game with a Home Run and a Two-Run double. He is the team right now. Just wait until Rolen gets rolling and then fade them. The next Astros-Cardinals series stands out as one such opportunity. All that being said, I root for the Cardinals.

As for Chan Ho Park, he is overrated and overpaid. I am playing the Over, Diamondbacks ML, Diamondbacks Team Over, and 1st 5 Innings Diamondbacks ML. Perhaps it is overkill, but I just don't think he is good enough to merit the line he is getting.

Wassymac

I'm not going to argue much about the lineup because there are some holes there (although Edmonds IMHO will turn it around and Eckstein is batting .300+). The pitching staff is what is going to win them the division. For as terrible as the bullpen has been they are 5th or 6th in the NL in ERA....not where they want to be but its not terrible. Also they are 2nd overall in the NL in team ERA. Individually the bullpen does not look impressive but because the starters typically go deep into games they are typically put into situations where they can succeed (LaRussa style...lefty vs lefty and you're done).

That being said I think they are a bit overvalued but when its all said and done the bullpen will be in the top 3 in ERA in the NL (IMHO). I'm not starting anything here Razz but just disagree with the bullpen comments.

mlwitchking
    mlwitchking's Avatar Become A Pro!

Cubs score 6 runs in the bottom of the eight to spoil the marlins lead and my under 5 team total on the cubs.

Razz

My sick losses continue:

Marlins +200
    Marlins Under 7.5 +142

The Cubs make me lose both by scoring 6 runs on 3 hits. The Brewers are going to lose also. They lead 3-1, but just made a ridiculous error that will cost them the game.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4663

How do you single to left with a runner on 2nd and the runner on 2nd dont at least advance to 3rd? I hate when bad base running screws me over.

Wassymac

That is an awful beat on the fish....I think the Brew Crew will hang on here though

Razz

Quote Originally Posted by onlòóker
    How do you single to left with a runner on 2nd and the runner on 2nd dont at least advance to 3rd? I hate when bad base running screws me over.
    I was wondering about that as well. Personally, I was glad, because I have under, but I can't figure it out. Maybe it was a bloop that looked like it was going to be caught, but barely fell in.

Razz

Alou 3-run HR after Bonds is intentionally walked with a man on 1st.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4663

Alou 3-run HR after Bonds is intentionally walked with a man on 1st.
    I still dont understand why they are walking Bonds when they dont need to. Id much rather pitch to Bonds then Alou right now. Make Bonds prove he still has it.

Razz

Wow, Bulls cover (my line), so that's good. Nice to win something I didn't deserve to.
    Brewers also win, though the M's manage to give up an unearned run.

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

Wow, Bulls cover (my line), so that's good. Nice to win something I didn't deserve to.
    Brewers also win, though the M's manage to give up an unearned run.
    Saw that. Error and two wild pitches. Brilliant.

Razz

Garland making it stand up so far.
    Mets close to 3-2, and just miss going ahead as Delgado hits a 400-ft out.

moses millsap

Mets will take the lead in the 7th.

bigboydan

Delgado i thought got all of that one too.

bigboydan

Quote Originally Posted by OWNED
    Mets will take the lead in the 7th.
    they got out of it bud. the giants have runners on 1st and 2nd now i see.

moses millsap

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan
    they got out of it bud. the giants have runners on 1st and 2nd now i see.
    4-2, runners on corners for Mr. Bonds.

moses millsap

Ibanez goes yard. Need more, don't trust Fat ass Guardado at all.

bigboydan

i told ya Heilman would get you those insurance runs

Razz

Quote Originally Posted by OWNED
    Ibanez goes yard. Need more, don't trust Fat ass Guardado at all.
    Ha, no kidding.

moses millsap

Leadoff error for Giants. 3rd one tonight

123 Last