MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

Geez tennis....

Sports integrity unit ESSA reports 44 matches suspected of fixing in the 2nd quarter alone.

Good god

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

forty-four?

good gosh

ikid2groove415
    ikid2groove415's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1184

Old news- same story

Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

Maybe the easiest sport for an athlete to throw?

DavidGoliath5003
    DavidGoliath5003's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3319

Lol ive watched several hundred over the past 5 years.... the entire sport is corrupt from top to bottom

Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

I dont understand this. I would think players would have an opportunity to make incredibly higher earnings by working on their craft, and winning matches at the ATP or Challenger level.

How much are these guys actually getting paid off to throw a match, at say a Challenger event? The limits can't be high, can they?

DavidGoliath5003

Quote Originally Posted by Regul8er View Post
    I dont understand this. I would think players would have an opportunity to make incredibly higher earnings by working on their craft, and winning matches at the ATP or Challenger level.

How much are these guys actually getting paid off to throw a match, at say a Challenger event? The limits can't be high, can they?

The payouts on challenger events just dont cut it... its too easy to make a match go 3 sets.... both guys make money... a match like federer and Djokovic ... they dont need money but i wouldnt be suprised if the tournament direct said “ lmake this match interesting” probably rare at the higest level but the challenger level seems so obvious. The cost of living is so high these days

SamsNCharge99
    5x POTM. 2x Video maker of the year
    SamsNCharge99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6404

maybe not pre match betting, but maybe they load up on live betting knowing the result

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

All junk players That you deserve to lose all your money if you’re betting those matches

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

thats all? there are thousands of matches played in a quarter.

SilverSpoon111
    Do me a favor please hold this L
    SilverSpoon111's Avatar Become A Pro!

If you bet Tennis you hate money

Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

Quote Originally Posted by SamsNCharge99 View Post
    maybe not pre match betting, but maybe they load up on live betting knowing the result
    Even if someone dropped a couple thousand, arent they still in better shape to try and win a couple matches, get a decent payout.......improve their ranking, and start getting into ATP qualifiers and main draws? I understand what's going on, but in reality, how much are these guys really making tanking matches?

ikid2groove415

Live play is where this tennis Games are Rigs- Especially on heavy favorites serving

SamsNCharge99
    5x POTM. 2x Video maker of the year
    SamsNCharge99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6404

Even if someone dropped a couple thousand, arent they still in better shape to try and win a couple matches, get a decent payout.......improve their ranking, and start getting into ATP qualifiers and main draws? I understand what's going on, but in reality, how much are these guys really making tanking matches?
    it's gotta be older guys doing it. Guys that have been on tour 10+ years and still ranked barely inside 100 or just outside. Guys that maybe have made 2 million but over the course of 15 years, so $150,000 on average.

So those guys maybe can make $20,000 by tanking which for them is pretty big.

Take a 21 year old whose ranked 75 yea that makes no sense, but he is an up and comer and can easily crack top 25 win some tournies and the money is irrelevant,

my guess is the older guys, only logical way it makes sense to me

Poisec
    Poisec's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3225

I think it's getting even easier with Bitcoin betting now, if you use a VPN you simply cannot get caught by betting on your own matches. Players don't even need intermediaries anymore.

SilverSpoon111
    Do me a favor please hold this L
    SilverSpoon111's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Poisec View Post
    I think it's getting even easier with Bitcoin betting now, if you use a VPN you simply cannot get caught by betting on your own matches. Players don't even need intermediaries anymore.

MiDNiTe
    MiDNiTe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5520

Gs matches are safest too much ranking pts on the line plus prize money plus so many eyes these days, never go big on challengers

Steamroller
    Steamroller's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5201

cmon guys let's be real here. You're all losing bettors be it challenger or Grand Slam

Poisec
    Poisec's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3225

Talking about slams, Fernando Verdasco (probably in collaboration with Tommy Haas), fixed at least one slam match in the past (at the US Open).
    Read here > http://lastwordonsports.com/2015/11/...erdascos-odds/

ChocMilk23
    Day to Day
    ChocMilk23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

These matches, are we only assuming they are win and loss bets? It would be pretty easy to take off the 2nd set and then finish the third 6-0 6-1. I don't think these fixes have to be actual wins and losses...

PharaohUB
    PharaohUB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11494

Without correlated strange betting patterns you can't assume something is fixed just because a guy throws a set. It may be early in a tournament and they are just trying different things knowing they will have no problem beating the guy in a deciding set. Stuff like that. Djoker does it all the time, or at least used to. I highly doubt he is rigging matches. Guys like 100 and below I'm sure are all doing something though. Just not a ton of money in tennis if you aren't doing well in big tournies and don't have all your sponsors paying for your travel, etc. Too easy to just throw a game or two. If you are the better player you don't even need the other player in on it. Don't even need a huge betting syndicate, just tell your fam and buddies you are going to lose your 2nd service game in set 2. How hard is that? And you will make more money then you probably would winning a couple challengers. They'd be stupid not to take advantage. I make more money than these guys in challenger level and I'm pretty sure if I could do one little thing different and not get caught to double my salary I would consider it.
    Last edited by PharaohUB; 08-01-18 at 11:02 AM.

MiDNiTe
    MiDNiTe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5520

Quote Originally Posted by PharaohUB View Post
    Without correlated strange betting patterns you can't assume something is fixed just because a guy throws a set. It may be early in a tournament and they are just trying different things knowing they will have no problem beating the guy in a deciding set. Stuff like that. Djoker does it all the time, or at least used to. I highly doubt he is rigging matches. Guys like 100 and below I'm sure are all doing something though. Just not a ton of money in tennis if you aren't doing well in big tournies and don't have all your sponsors paying for your travel, etc. Too easy to just throw a game or two. If you are the better player you don't even need the other player in on it. Don't even need a huge betting syndicate, just tell your fam and buddies you are going to lose your 2nd service game in set 2. How hard is that? And you will make more money then you probably would winning a couple challengers. They'd be stupid not to take advantage. I make more money than these guys in challenger level and I'm pretty sure if I could do one little thing different and not get caught to double my salary I would consider it.
    Yeah fog and verdasco give up sets sometimes I think they think no big deal as they think they can win 3rd but sometimes momentum/couple bad pts and they lose

ikid2groove415

Live betting on tennis is addicting - Can win big in minutes or lose big

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Quote Originally Posted by ikid2groove415 View Post
    Live betting on tennis is addicting - Can win big in minutes or lose big
    lets choose to win big in minutes bruh

08/01/2018
    03:07 PM
    [ # 369662344 ] PETKOVIC, A vs. STEPHENS, S ( Risking: 590.00 - To Win: 500.00 ) WIN
    08/01/2018 @ 03:07 PM RBL Player to win the Match?PETKOVIC, A Score: () - () WIN
    $500.00

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5421

I need konta to win bad. Also linette to win bad.b

pabonaparte
    bobbywaves aka the chosen one
    pabonaparte's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 593

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    Sports integrity unit ESSA reports 44 matches suspected of fixing in the 2nd quarter alone.

Good god
    Out of the 44, 43 involved either a player from Russia, a player from Italy, or both

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: trytrytry

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Quote Originally Posted by pabonaparte View Post
    Out of the 44, 43 involved either a player from Russia, a player from Italy, or both

That's the least surprising part of the whole story

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Tennis a bad bet on a day to day basis

Only bet bigger matchups in good tourneys

HeeeHAWWWW
    HeeeHAWWWW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

Quote Originally Posted by DavidGoliath5003 View Post
    The payouts on challenger events just dont cut it...

The way they do it is via long odds, in livebetting (go a set and break down then win), or via dunking bagel sets, which you can get 100/1 on.

There's a lot of this in challengers, but it's almost entirely been eradicated from the main tour. You guys should have seen it 15 years ago, you literally had top20 players selling matches all over the place.

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24869

Nice note. Tennis-betting is incredibly tough, in my experience.

Individual sports, w/ a lot of nagging injuries. How many people REALLY know the status of each player? And if they DO know, they're probably beating YOU to the good #.

I've tried to bet tennis. Too tough for ME.

DavidGoliath5003

Murray up 5-0 in the tiebreaker vs Copil.... Copil wins tiebreaker 7-5 lol