Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

Ana Bogdan (-220) vs Eugenie Bouchard

This line opened at -150. It's now all the way up to -220. Genie stinks on her own so it would not be a surprise if she loses this match. However, she's going on a date with the guy she met last year on Twitter to the Super Bowl, and it's and I think a Canadian TV crew was going to follow them around or something. Very likely she tanks this match. My thoughts is that she probably has her flight already booked out of Taiwan, and that is why you are seeing the price jump.

Bogdan isn't a very good player at all though, but I would be shocked if Bouchard won this.

Honeybadger44
    Update your status
    Honeybadger44's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 467

With that kind of attitude she'll never see top 50 again. Leaving conspiracy theories aside, Bogdan is not a world class player, but she's a tricky match up in these conditions. She moves well and can bring bunch of shots back in play. Combining that with slow court, Genie needs a A+ hitting performance to punch through.

spicollifcfd
    spicollifcfd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5963

Assuming your story is true!! I put a unit on it tonite since it didn't work out last nite. What the hell "when the frost is on the pumpkin gotz da do the dippy dunkin" hammer it bro

Plaza23

I put 2 units on it, and Genie gave one of her best ever tanking performances. Some of the balls she was hitting in the 2nd set were so intentionally struck out of bounds that they never had a chance. She also double faulted numerous times which helped. If I didn't have any $$$ on it, I would have said it was fixed but I'm glad I did. Can't believe Wang was +115.

People must not have realized the logistics of flying from Taiwan to the Super Bowl. If she had won last night and gotten into the semis, no way would she have been able to be back in time.

I get lot of information on tennis from tennisforum and they were on this one.

Honeybadger44
    Update your status
    Honeybadger44's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 467

I think her loss had nothing to do with that. If she had superbowl on her mind, why would she even bother playing this 125 event anyway?

Plaza23

Quote Originally Posted by Honeybadger44 View Post
    I think her loss had nothing to do with that. If she had superbowl on her mind, why would she even bother playing this 125 event anyway?
    She was given a Wild Card into it. Appearance Fee $$$$s

With her current ranking, she's not eligible for regular WTA events. She has to take any WC an event will give her or its back to ITF.

spicollifcfd
    spicollifcfd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5963

Putting a unit on wang see if that win was fluke in a couple of hours!!! Thanks again bro for that Intel on previous match