AreniDinga
    AreniDinga's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

Feel suicidal after today...

Hi guys,

Usually i'm pretty good at sports betting but over the last 12 months i've lost thousands of dollars due to mental issues affecting my ability to bet.

I've been on a huge losing streak lately and losing a lot. Today I made one last stand and put a fair big of money nikoloz basilashvili to beat edmund at $4.50.

Unfortunately he lost in 5 sets. I'm absolutely gutted. I really needed that win to get myself out of the hole. Usually when i'm losing so much i'll make a small comeback and quit for a while. However, my last stand failed. I don't know what to do guys.
    I feel so suicidal. Is suicide worth it?

Anyone have any lock picks? i don't have much left ..

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30698

Suicide?

No way man.

Stop betting. Talk to family/friends.

You dont have to tell them about your gambling addiction.

Just keep yourself busy.... without gambling.

hotcross
    hotcross's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7208

this activity we do, picking sports results, can be frustrating and financially dangerous

I can relate to what you said about issues affecting your abilities to bet. And even though we can see that part clearly, we still bet and try to win.

Overall though, your life is worth more than anything that happened already. Stick to the basic parts of life for awhile. Eventually you will feel refreshed again. You don't feel that way now. It's OK. Your life's story is not over yet. Just like the thrill of an athlete who makes a comeback win, you must allow yourself to achieve the comeback in your own life. There is no clock counting you out....Slow down and build back up your mental and physical strength.

DR225
    DR225's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

Go for a walk man and listen to your favorite music. Remember that there's tons of things that bring you happiness besides gambling. And whoever hits a ball better shouldn't have this much impact on your life. Try only betting with money you can afford to lose and that'll ease some of the pain of the losses. And remember that it's only money. As long as your able bodied and your mind works, you can earn more money and after some time, you'll be where you were financially, before all the losses.

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5421

I felt the sane way before man. I played russian roulette after i lost a ton. I survived and realized nothing is worth losing your life.

RMoney22
    RMoney22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 289

Quote Originally Posted by AreniDinga View Post
    Hi guys,

Usually i'm pretty good at sports betting but over the last 12 months i've lost thousands of dollars due to mental issues affecting my ability to bet.

I've been on a huge losing streak lately and losing a lot. Today I made one last stand and put a fair big of money nikoloz basilashvili to beat edmund at $4.50.

Unfortunately he lost in 5 sets. I'm absolutely gutted. I really needed that win to get myself out of the hole. Usually when i'm losing so much i'll make a small comeback and quit for a while. However, my last stand failed. I don't know what to do guys.
    I feel so suicidal. Is suicide worth it?

Anyone have any lock picks? i don't have much left ..

It's a permanent solution to a temporary problem. I've been there before. I've lost quite a few friends to suicide. PLEASE take a minute and think about it. It's NOT worth it. Why don't you talk to someone? Call a hotline. Here is the number to the National Suicide Prevention Hotline. [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.870588)]1-800-273-8255. They are available 24/7. Things can only get better, right? I hope you will stop and think about it.....[/COLOR]
    Points Awarded:

buckeyesooner gave RMoney22 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

wilbs
    wilbs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3966

Hey buddy are you ok?? Talk to us, gambling more is not the solution, whether you win or not it will never end, life is too great to lose it because of money or gambling. Talk to us mate we’re all here for you.

PittsburghPlayer
    PittsburghPlayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10667

One of the top ten heaviest words that there is...
    what are we supposed to do? he has 11 posts

10 having to do with tennis, one suicide

not a good percentage, but no where near the 50/50 needed to push him over the edge

he owes us a post today

AreniDinga

Hi guys,

really appreciate the responses.

I really want to take a break from betting but i keep thinking of ways to make my money back. Looking at tomorrows card i keep thinking that Ramos VInolas has a chance against djokevic. Djoker looked very rusty against monflis.
    Could ramos win? He is 7.00. I'm thinking about putting what i have left on him. One last stand. One last hurrah. Do you think its worth it? I dont know. I'm a mess. Sorry for the ramblings. My mind is all at sea at the moment.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: PittsburghPlayer

Steamroller
    Steamroller's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5201

Quote Originally Posted by AreniDinga View Post
    Hi guys,

really appreciate the responses.

I really want to take a break from betting but i keep thinking of ways to make my money back. Looking at tomorrows card i keep thinking that Ramos VInolas has a chance against djokevic. Djoker looked very rusty against monflis.
    Could ramos win? He is 7.00. I'm thinking about putting what i have left on him. One last stand. One last hurrah. Do you think its worth it? I dont know. I'm a mess. Sorry for the ramblings. My mind is all at sea at the moment.
    You're chasing your losses. STOP. Get back to gambling when you actually have the money to do it again.

hotcross
    hotcross's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7208

what the guy above me just said....you should not bet that next game.

Rebuild. Take your time.

You need the money for food and bills right now.

Don't bet right now so you won't be scrambling to make ends meet.

You'll do better after a break from sports.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47529

my advice would be to stop chasing and try to get your mind off of gambling for awhile...if you keep losing, you'll feel worse.

Remember this feeling and never let yourself get into this type of scenario again.

spend time with family/friends, exercise or doing things that you enjoy.

no gambling loss is ever worth your life..

KingHawkins
    KingHawkins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21284

It is awesome to see a lot of good guys on here giving you very solid advice and words of encouragement.

All signs point to you needing to take a break from your current gambling habits and patterns. It is not too late to fix this all and escape the whole feeling down from losing thing.

I also might suggest you reconsider plans where you make "one last hurrah" and dig out of the hole by fading an old Djoker. I mean, it could happen, but I'd rather take Ramos +2.5 sets (+105)

Wishing you the best, but try to keep yourself busy without the gambling shenanigans.

Peace!

PharaohUB
    PharaohUB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11494

Been there. If it helps I wouldn't have the career I have today if I didn't go through those problems, and needed to find a way to financially recover. You just need to switch your focus to making more money in other ways so that you are satisfied with your income, and you can make gambling a hobby instead of a means of paying rent. Nobody is going to help you or give you money because you'll just gamble it. It sucks and is probably one of the worst diseases to have as the only person who can help you is yourself. There is no magical pill for it. We've all had good runs, and the worst that can happen is if you start off your gambling career "on a good run" (as I did as well), because your brain is now wired to think you can actual make money from it and you are smarter than everyone else, and now when you lose you will make excuses and blame your mental well-being, or the alignment of the stars, or bad luck, or whatever you can find instead of yourself. What you need to do is be honest with yourself that you are the problem, and DEAL WITH IT. Don't be a pussy and kill yourself. If you're bored at night, start driving UBER, get a second job or something if it's an option for you. You don't even need a car these days you can get rentals covered if you do enough rides. It will distract you from gambling and bonus - you make money instead of losing it. Get out there, start talking to human beings, and forget about gambling for awhile. I can see justifiable reasons for suicide (incurable disease, health problems that make living painful, etc), but not over money and not for gambling! You can get through it and be better for it.

On that note stay away from Joker. The guy looked like a machine after his 1st set yesterday. He will not lose to Ramos, and will only drop a set if he wants to. Do you want to put your money on how a guy is feeling?

Good luck!

w@lt
    w@lt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1519

Friend, please do not wager any more. I'm sure that everyone here has felt the pain of losing, and it really sucks. You will feel better knowing that you do not have any money on the line- relax, and keep busy with other things. Take your mind off of gambling, please. No financial situation is worth taking your life over- think about the important things in life. Please step away from the gambling and put your mind in other places, permanently. Please message me if you need to talk or need a friend.
    Last edited by w@lt; 01-19-18 at 09:57 PM.

AreniDinga

Guys not going to lie, put a fair bit on del potro yesterday. Seemed like a popular choice.
    Betting on random games now hoping to get something back. Just can't stop.

pattymayo
    pattymayo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

We've all been there.. the only thing you can do is just get yourself away from sports/betting for at least a couple days. No wagers, no ESPN, no sports apps, don't even look at scores/highlights. Do this and in 48 hours you'll feel a lot better, your mind will be in a better place.

Won't be easy considering how desperate you sound and you're obviously in ultra chase mode, but this won't end well. I think you know that already and are almost just continuing on, probably making random wagers on whatever is going on at the moment, just waiting to hit total rock bottom. That might be what you need too.

But suicide is not the answer. There's always tomorrow bud

indio
    indio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3954

I can't decide which is funnier, the trolling fake suicide posts, or the fact that so many people have given multi-paragraph serious responses thinking it's real. The gullibility of people never ceases to amaze me. I'm surprised we haven't had responses suggesting and detailing the various ways one can off themselves with minimal pain and/or clean up.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

don't gamble what you can't afford to lose, if you are a problem gambler get help it's not for everybody

PharaohUB
    PharaohUB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11494

Quote Originally Posted by indio View Post
    I can't decide which is funnier, the trolling fake suicide posts, or the fact that so many people have given multi-paragraph serious responses thinking it's real. The gullibility of people never ceases to amaze me. I'm surprised we haven't had responses suggesting and detailing the various ways one can off themselves with minimal pain and/or clean up.
    Even if he’s trolling these posts might help someone who is struggling with the idea.

lonegambler23
    Org Mafia
    lonegambler23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13520

dude what

the1yankee
    the1yankee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3689

Quote Originally Posted by indio View Post
    I kinda understand what yur saying, but let's look on the POSITIVE PERSPECTIVE of this thread!!!!!

THAT THERE ARE SOOO MANY GOOD FUKIN PEOPLE OUT THERE, WHO WILL SPEND THE TIME, TO WISH A FELLOW HUMAN POSITIVE ENCOURAGEMENT, WHO THEY DONT EVEN KNOW AT ALL, TOTAL STRANGER!!!! THATS THE PART I SAW. maybe it is a rouse but made me a bit happier to see replies, makes me know all arent assholes
    THINK WE FOUND OUT WHO THE negative nancy ON THIS THREAD IS, JUS SAYIN
    Last edited by the1yankee; 01-20-18 at 11:59 PM.

Jeff_Black
    Jeff_Black's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5068

Quote Originally Posted by the1yankee View Post
    I kinda understand what yur saying, but let's look on the POSITIVE PERSPECTIVE of this thread!!!!!THAT THERE ARE SOOO MANY GOOD FUKIN PEOPLE OUT THERE, WHO WILL SPEND THE TIME, TO WISH A FELLOW HUMAN POSITIVE ENCOURAGEMENT, WHO THEY DONT EVEN KNOW AT ALL, TOTAL STRANGER!!!! THATS THE PART I SAW. maybe it is a rouse but made me a bit happier to see replies, makes me know all arent assholesTHINK WE FOUND OUT WHO THE negative nancy ON THIS THREAD IS, JUS SAYIN
    But this is a forum for sharing and discussing tips, not baiting people into thinking one has a gambling problem. With that said there are helplines and counsellors who are qualified to help and they are advertised as such on bookies website, and television ads.

As long as people realise, despite all the measures the bookies put in place for people to stop themselves from gambling (which people with a real gambling problem would never do) they don't give two s***ts about how much money the degenerate gamblers lose which is why they would never stop them. But the second you do make some serious money, you're wagers are limited.

I see the bookies as an enemy I am constantly trying to beat and they see me as a faceless bettor they are trying to get money off. And it's the same for everyone else out there.

the1yankee
    the1yankee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3689

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff_Black View Post
    But this is a forum for sharing and discussing tips, not baiting people into thinking one has a gambling problem. With that said there are helplines and counsellors who are qualified to help and they are advertised as such on bookies website, and television ads.

As long as people realise, despite all the measures the bookies put in place for people to stop themselves from gambling (which people with a real gambling problem would never do) they don't give two s***ts about how much money the degenerate gamblers lose which is why they would never stop them. But the second you do make some serious money, you're wagers are limited.

I see the bookies as an enemy I am constantly trying to beat and they see me as a faceless bettor they are trying to get money off. And it's the same for everyone else out there.
    Fukin a right Jeff, well said.

Retibol
    Retibol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1001

Try to just quit,

Trying to beat big companys (bookies) is not a lucrative way to make money.

Waste of time and money for most people,
    And those few people who are actually able to beat the bookies are smart enough to make even more money on something else

AreniDinga

Guys this isn't a joke or a troll.

I've been unable to stop.

I've been backing under dogs at high odds these last few days in the Aus open.
    Unfortunately i haven't hit any winners. I went big against kerber today on her opponent at 7.00. I thought that was my chance to get out of the hole and was gutted when she lost.

After the loss i thought i'm going to stop. Even though i was going to back sandgren and chung i thought nope that's enough.

Guys i can't penetrating believe it. Both look like winning right when i stopped. I can't believe it. I fee absolutely gutted. I'm spewing.

I'm not joking. I'm sorry for acting like an attention seeker but i just have no one else to talk to. I've messaged my friends but most of the time they just ignore me and tell me to stop gambling.
    I'm so angry right now i cant sleep. Do i load up on cilic to beat nadal tomorrow? I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO. even Berdych to beat federer?

AreniDinga

penetrate it guys,

Popped $300 on Berdych at 5.90.

Berdych has looked really good lately. Federer hasn't play anyone of quality.

If these loses its the end.

AreniDinga

can't believe chung won. I can't sleep. I am absolutely seething. Was so close to backing him.

nuxx??
    nuxx??'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5903

What a troll thread.

AreniDinga

Adding another $200 on sandgren

Jeff_Black

Quote Originally Posted by nuxx?? View Post
    What a troll thread.
    Yep

AreniDinga

I wish i was trolling

ans61201
    ans61201's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4181

This isn't going to end well. Fed is going to win 3-0.

Jeff_Black

Quote Originally Posted by ans61201 View Post
    This isn't going to end well. Fed is going to win 3-0.
    Usually the same stuff with these threads and posts, seen it all before dozens of times.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

are u trying to lose, might as well go give your money to the homeless or buy yourself a hooker

12 Last