MaddyMax
    MaddyMax's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

2 nice Dogs for Wimbledon Round 1

Found 2 good picks on bettingresource's facebook page. Is venus really in big trouble for that accident? I only bet it small, if the situation is as bad as the write up makes it sound, how is she still a big favorite? Anyways, below is the copy and paste of the 2 picks, take it for what it is worth...

WTA: Mertens ml (3.00) vs Venus Williams
    ATP: Bedene ml(2.80) vs Karlovic

Its the opening day of Wimbledon tennis and there are to value picks to take advantage. In WTA Mertens, even though much weaker than Williams, has a very good opportunity to capitalize as an underdog. Venus Williams has lot going on off court the past few weeks. She was found fault in the traffic accident that killed a man near her home (google it for details) 3 weeks ago and now the family just announced that they are suing Williams for wrongful death. Williams stated yesterday that she is devastated and heart broken and considering that she already suffers from panic attacks and anxiety disorders, it will be very tough for her to give focused full effort today. Its unclear if she had much practice and this pick is simply a fade of Venus. Mertens is much weaker on grass but these odds are definite value considering the situation. If Mertens wins, there is a good chance that she would do it in straight sets, so if you are adventurous you can back Mertens -1.5 sets at odds around 6.00. Keep in mind the Venus is the superior player, especially on grass and she can easily put away Mertens if Venus is able to shield off the distraction and bring her A game.
    In the second match we will bet against old man Karlovic who's only weapon is his big serve. When his serve is not on he can be easily beaten. Bedene is 3-0 against Karlovic (none on grass) and is currently on the rise and will have a big advantage with the home crowd's support. Bedene only played 3 games on grass this season but got better with each game. Karlovic history in Wimbledon is pretty weak where he never went past 2nd round. He started this grass season pretty decent by making the finals in the first small tournament but followed it up with two in and outs in the next 2 tournaments with the latest loss coming against Youhzny. Things will be lot tougher for him here since this is best of out 5 grandslam event against a young player with home crowd behind him. Current odds on Bedene are well worth the try since this is a 50-50 match. Enjoy the free picks. If you want more free picks, like our page and invite your friends to like our page.

Blackballer
    Blackballer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 575

Here is a link to the Williams' car accident:
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...702-story.html

Blackballer
    Blackballer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 575

Venus Williams is a pro. I think she should take care of business today. You never know how much these off-court issues influence a game. Of course they "can" influence Williams' play but don't have to. I stick with Venus here good luck notheless!

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Williams has a tough 1st round

Mertens not bad

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Every time I try and bet on tennis

the person I'm backing retires or gets smoked

major line swings as well

feels like there's some funny stuff going on in some of these matches.

Wish i I was good at picking it though
    Points Awarded:

semibluff gave teaserpleaser 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

SBRMAN23
    Be humble sit down
    SBRMAN23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1448

dogs not barking today maybe tomrrw for us rough

mdunlap3
    mdunlap3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4843

Mann if only books paid out on retires. Had Herbert over Kyrgios lol.

MaddyMax

Quote Originally Posted by mdunlap3 View Post
    Mann if only books paid out on retires. Had Herbert over Kyrgios lol.
    Always play on books that has tennis rules where the bet stands if one set is complete. Books like pinnacle and many others make the bet stand if one set is complete. The retired player is awarded the loss regardless of the score after 1 set and that is how the bets are graded in these books. If you played Herbert in pinnacle, you would have gotten paid and if you played Kygrios, you would have lost.

Steamroller
    Steamroller's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5201

Final set and no tie-break. This could be a marathon.

MaddyMax

Bang!

Needed that one. What a match.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

good call

Da Phoenix
    Da Phoenix's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6784

Any selection for day 2?

MaddyMax

Quote Originally Posted by Da Phoenix View Post
    Any selection for day 2?
    Don't know, will keep an eye out on their facebook page to see if they post anything. I don't cap tennis, i suck at tennis.