Jeff_Black
    Jeff_Black's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5068

Monte Carlo Masters 2015 Picks

Bernard Tomic vs Lukas Rosol
    Totall Game Score over 22.0 Games @ 1.925 (Pinnacle)
    Stake: 1u
    Last edited by Jeff_Black; 04-12-15 at 09:15 AM. Reason: typo

Jeff_Black

Mikhail Youzhny vs Florian Mayer
    Game Handicap: Florian Mayer +4.0 @ 1.990 (Pinnacle), 2u
    Money Line: Florian Mayer @ 3.22 (Pinnacle), 0.5u

Jeff_Black

Well that was a nice start...

R16: Fabio Fognini vs Jerzy Janowicz
    Game Handicap: Jerzy Janowicz +3.0 @ 1.900 (Pinnacle), 1u play

R16: Denis Kudla vs Benoit Paire
    Game Handicap: Denis Kudla +4.0 @ 2.009 (Pinnacle), 1u play

R16: Denis Istomin vs Albert Ramos-Vinolas
    Game Handicap: Albert Ramos-Vinolas -3.5 @ 1.909 (Pinnacle), 1u play

R16: Pablo Carreno Busta vs Sergei Stakhovsky
    Game Handucap: Stakhovsky +3.5 @ 1.925 (Pinnacle), 2u play
    Money Line: Stakhovsky @ 2.800 (Pinnacle), 1u play

Semper Fidelis
    Semper Fidelis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9220

Nice start to this tournament, buddy! I like your analysis and commentary on the players and matches - it's pretty obvious you know and follow tennis. Concerning Houston, I was nervous about touching Tipsy as a dog after that huge layoff, but we certainly cashed that first play (even though I felt we were lucky to win that tiebreak!).

Certainly looking forward to your contributions and discussion here! BOL on these and any other plays you have tomorrow!

Jeff_Black

Thanks champ!. Very much appreciated. Same thing back at ya towards your plays.
    I decided to stop Houston and focus on Monte Carlo instead as that QF onwards and especially after Almagro's tank/effort in Casablanca and some other upsets it's not worth the stress.
    And yeah I pushed it with Tipsarevic against Giraldo but I was pretty confident he'd win a match to get that feeling back against a challenger player. The good thing is he can clearly play better and saving those match points was IMO from experience and digging deep after letting his opponent back into the game.

Anyway as for the ones I posted above, its a bit bit more then usual, yes but Fognini and Paire are my two favourite mugs to fade.
    The other things I'd like to do at this Masters are fading players that havent set a foot on clay in 2015. Rosol and Bolleli have both been knocked out and were both 0-0. I suppose Tomic was too but he's been in good enough form this year and has improved on clay every year to take advantage of it.
    So that said i'll probably fade Goffin, Kohlscriebber, and Gulbis. Three guys who have had unspectacular years against opponents who can beat them or at least cover a line.

Jeff_Black

As for tennis on the whole I've probably been following it for most of my life, and most of those years was following it properly compared to like just Grand Slams/Davis Cup etc.
    Betting wise I'm more on the new on the scene (more like 2 years) but still trying to improve myself studying patterns and the such, form etc. I bet less on Challengers/Qualifying as well.

lucasdawg
    pro as sometimes
    lucasdawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5519

how is isner looking against johnson?

Jeff_Black

Quote Originally Posted by lucasdawg View Post
    how is isner looking against johnson?
    Funny I came here to post I was going to take overs for that game. As for who's gonna win I imagine Isner tanked to get ready for this.
    Guess we'll see...

lucasdawg
    pro as sometimes

hmmm how bout ramos today? any perspective?

Jeff_Black

The one that's playing istomin? Already got him pegged at -3.5

lucasdawg
    pro as sometimes

looks like the match is cancelled?

Jeff_Black

Yeah he played and beat Haase comfortably which is no surprises, happy with the results, Fognini too good today but he never plays the same twice haha.
    Would have been shitty if Kudla lost that second and didnt get the push.

Jeff_Black

R32: Gilles Simon vs Benjamin Balleret
    Game Handicap: Benjamin Ballaret +6.0 @ 1.970 (Pinnacle)
    Stake: 2u play

Another one of those decent matchups where a player hasn't played on clay. Playing against someone who has. Sure Simon is a massive step up from the calibre of players Ballaret has played and Ballaret has played in some futures events to get his match level up but he has also done ok in Challengers including winning one recently so i'll take that line and see how he goes. He's earned his wildcard thats for sure.

R32: Tommy Robredo vs Andreas Seppi
    Total Game Score: Over 22.0 @ 1.925 (Pinnacle)
    Stake: 1u play

It's never a straight forward match between these two, never giving an inch but also capable of being broken. Seeing this as a three set match up. Despite the disappointment of the Isner/Johnson overs ill back it here again.

R32: Jiri Vesely vs Juan Monaco
    Game Handicap: Juan Monaco -3.5 @ 1.909 (Pinnacle)
    Stake: 2u play

After his surprise Auckland breakthrough, Vesely dropped 7 straight matches and 3 of them on clay. In the last 3 years he has never been over a .500 player on the clay surface and I think Monaco has been good enough both this year/recently and on clay to cover that -3.5 line.

badgerguy
    badgerguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 536

Great stuff

Jeff_Black

Thanks. Fortunately for me Simon got off to a slow start otherwise that could have been a more comfortable cover for me. Will take the push.

Anyway just two more picks for today and that'll do it for today.

R16: Florian Mayer vs Marin Cilic
    Game Handicap: Florian Mayer +3.5
    Money Line: Florian Mayer
    Both at Pinnacle Sports, 1u on the Handicap, 0.5u on the line

Mayer showed a lot of nerve to hold out Youzhny in a gritty tiebreaker despite how dodgy Youzhny can play at times. Served well and won points off serve when it mattered. Held his nerve the best he could against a mental midget Youzhny.
    Cilic has played one game all year and despite that and being a recent grand slam champion and fresh off a layout I still think he will struggle. Mayer won his last four against Youzhny and his last two against Cilic. Sure it was a while ago and players change but he clearly knows how to play against them and what works/doesn't work. Less wager but not going to push it.

R16: Bernard Tomic vs Andreas Haider Maurer
    Money Line: Bernard Tomic (Pinnacle Sports)
    Stake: 1u play
    As I posted in another thread I think Tomic has matured enough to win more matches on clay that he should be winning compared to when he was younger and not as developed physically. He beat Rosol and has the tools and size to beat Maurer too. And I think he will be playing with more confidence with the year he's had so far. Should have got on it earlier though

lucasdawg
    pro as sometimes

im on the same 2 plays les get irt

Bet10Heinekens
    Bet10Heinekens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5044

Stay on fire Jeff, rolling with the FloMayer ML here

Jeff_Black

Thanks champ, I hope I'm not pushing it, Using Cilics servere lack of match practice and on clay as a bargaining chip but liked what I've seen from Mayer, he can be a frustrating player to play against with his slice shots and he does it on clay and grass all time. 

Tomic is worrying me but we'll see what he's made off. I just hope that service game where he was 40-0 on Maurers serve doesn't come back to bite him, was disappointed he didn't break there. 

lucasdawg
    pro as sometimes

mayer down a break early lets see if he can recover here zzzz, yeah pissed tomic didnt get the break at that point smh

lucasdawg
    pro as sometimes

tomic consistent service going good! lets hope he keeps it up! 1 set up

Jeff_Black

I like Tomics serve stats, more then happy with how he's going, just needs to get on with the job now that he's won a set
    Cilic striking the ball hard and well but he's still full or errors so early days. It also helps he's not a great volleyer heh.

SCI
    SCI's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5766

Jeff_Black

That was incredibly exhausting seeing Tomic losing that from a winning position
    not even that but just his extremely poor conversion rate of break points
    its incredible that he wasn't phased by not converting, but it takes its toll on you mentally
    In the end one the bookies got right with its closeness

FlipsideRM
    Summer 16
    FlipsideRM's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3216

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff_Black View Post
    That was incredibly exhausting seeing Tomic losing that from a winning position
    not even that but just his extremely poor conversion rate of break points
    its incredible that he wasn't phased by not converting, but it takes its toll on you mentally
    In the end one the bookies got right with its closeness
    Played Maurer at open and close at +130. That match was exhausting, Tomic had a million break points and couldn't convert, got very lucky there

Jeff_Black

Hes got Djokovic up next, should be an interesting game.

DR225
    DR225's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

Interesting as in a complete blowout? If Tomic had 20 break points, imagine how badly joker is going to destroy him.

Jeff_Black

Well yeah he has one of the better conversion rates lol

Anyway just two so far:
    Monaco/Wawrinka o22.0 games
    Tsonga ML

Jeff_Black

A win and a loss, glad I wasn't too tempted taking on the big boys, they were too good today

although I think 17.5 for Djoker-Maurer is a tad low...

Jeff_Black

Went down to 17.0 on Pinnacle...good enough for me.

R16: Novak Djokovic vs Andreas Haider-Maurer
    Total Game Score: Over 17.0 Games @ 1.833 (Pinnacle)
    1u play

Rafael Nadal vs John Isner
    Game Handicap:John Isner +4.0 @ 1.833 (Pinnacle)
    1u play

Rafa seems to hate this matchup, and Isner fits two bills of players Rafa doesn't like playing against...Big servers and tall players. Rafa's first serve return is his worst technique and with the possibility of a tiebreak i'll have a play here.

These other lines look short to me, but will have to have another think about them. Was hoping for some better ones for the dogs but it seems the bookies are being stingy with their lines.

Jeff_Black

Another 1-1 day, supposed that's what I get for taking on the most in form player atm haha...

QF: Rafael Nadal vs David Ferrer
    Game Handicap: Rafael Nadal -3.5 @ 1.862 (Pinnacle)
    2u play

I think this is an overreaction from the previous year when Ferrer beat Nadal here and the players' form this year. People forget so quickly that Nadal has won here 8 times. This should still be -4.5/-5 so I'll take the smaller line.

QF: Tomas Berdych vs Milos Raonic
    Game Handicap: Milos Raonic +2.5 @ 1.990 (Pinnacle), 2u play
    Money Line: Milos Raonic @ 2.700 (Pinnacle), 0.5u play

Was pretty happy with Raonic's form and said to myself if Quarter betting was available (i.e. to make the SF) I would have taken Raonic. So i'll go with those instincts again and back him here.

FlipsideRM
    Summer 16
    FlipsideRM's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3216

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff_Black View Post
    Another 1-1 day, supposed that's what I get for taking on the most in form player atm haha...

QF: Rafael Nadal vs David Ferrer
    Game Handicap: Rafael Nadal -3.5 @ 1.862 (Pinnacle)
    2u play

I think this is an overreaction from the previous year when Ferrer beat Nadal here and the players' form this year. People forget so quickly that Nadal has won here 8 times. This should still be -4.5/-5 so I'll take the smaller line.

QF: Tomas Berdych vs Milos Raonic
    Game Handicap: Milos Raonic +2.5 @ 1.990 (Pinnacle), 2u play
    Money Line: Milos Raonic @ 2.700 (Pinnacle), 0.5u play

Was pretty happy with Raonic's form and said to myself if Quarter betting was available (i.e. to make the SF) I would have taken Raonic. So i'll go with those instincts again and back him here.
    Be careful with Raonic foot problems here, called the trainer at the beginning of Robredo match. He appeared fine afterwards but something to take into consideration

Jeff_Black

Yeah I don't look a lot into unless it's very genuine. But I do take it into concern thanks.
    A lot of players seem to magically play better when there's been a break and its practically a weekly thing in the WTA lol

Dmoneytx
    Dmoneytx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 566

No, Flipside was being very serious. Raonic had a foot problem against Robredo. How ANY one could back Roanic with an obvious injury is way way beyond me.. You have GOT to know these things before dumping hundreds on guys who are clearly not 100% trying to play at the highest level. I unloaded on Berdych ML bec the worst case scenario was push from Milos retirement or he flat out wins.. Horribly unlucky for Milos to quit down 2-5 and not at least finish the first set, lol!! Nadal might cover, but Ferrer will give him all he can handle today.. Hoping for a good crazy long match..

Jeff_Black

Fair enough if he did. I've just seen problems be better as players have gone along. Remember the knee cap drama of 2012 by Nadal in the Australian Open? Usually we hear about these things after anyway so to hear it before it must have been serious. But the bookies try not to be influenced by what ifs and set the lines accordingly to begin with.
    Retiring before the set indicates to me he was genuinely injured and knew there was no point of continuing so you guys were on the money there.

Jeff_Black

Bit of a seedy set by Nadal there.

12 Last