JohnnyRudeboy
    Bull In A China Shop
    JohnnyRudeboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4095

What's Not to Like About Stevie Johnson?

Hadn't really considered this a play until I looked at Dodig's results on hard-courts this year and last, which seem woefully unimpressive. I'll be the first to say I don't know much about him, however.

I saw Johnson play live last week, and he seemed to have an impressive range of shots and styles, but he had a tendency to over-use the slice, in my opinion. Don't see much discussion on this one so just thought I would raise some.

davidg123
    davidg123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 306

I'm not convinced about Johnson and Dodig isn't as bad as his recent results appear. Stay away.

JohnnyRudeboy
    Bull In A China Shop

The short line kinda tells me something isn't right, so yea, I probably will

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Probably is you saw him playing a guy in Kukushkin who stinks and Rublev who is super inexperienced.

I like Johnson, but his consistency has been his biggest downfall. He's actually shown a bit more this year. Really pretty similar players. Line seems fair. One thing I do recall is Dodig has struggled in hot environments some, so that might help you here. Debated this for a long time. Might still play it, but going to see how this first batch of Acapulco matches plays as far as the conditions. Very windy I think again.

matt1216
    matt1216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1052

What you guys have to remember is this court is somewhat slow... It's meant for the returners. Who's the better volley/returner? Wouldn't be suprised to see Dodig take this to johnson

JohnnyRudeboy
    Bull In A China Shop

Johnson looked like a pretty good returner when I saw him. Not saying the other players were any good, cause they weren't, but he was hustling all over the court and had some nifty shots.

Dmoneytx
    Dmoneytx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 566

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyRudeboy View Post
    Johnson looked like a pretty good returner when I saw him. Not saying the other players were any good, cause they weren't, but he was hustling all over the court and had some nifty shots.
    "Nifty" shots??? Lmfao!!! Do you even play tennis? Do you have any clue?? Your analysis of what I have read here and there is horrible. Johnson had some nifty shots, lol, that was fukking comical. Thanks..

pattymayo
    pattymayo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

Do you even play tennis bro??

Dmoneytx
    Dmoneytx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 566

Quote Originally Posted by pattymayo View Post
    Do you even play tennis bro??
    Lol, no I don't play tennis, just have taught it for 16 years, but I have no idea how to play it. Lol

JohnnyRudeboy
    Bull In A China Shop

I've made no efforts to hide the fact that I am a neophyte in all aspects of the sort. No need to be a douchebag, but I guess that's what the "D" is for, asshat.

He won, BTW.

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

Dmoney no need to be so condescending. We all had to start of somewhere too

w@lt
    w@lt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1519

Quote Originally Posted by Dmoneytx View Post
    "Nifty" shots??? Lmfao!!! Do you even play tennis? Do you have any clue?? Your analysis of what I have read here and there is horrible. Johnson had some nifty shots, lol, that was fukking comical. Thanks..
    This is why people don't like you around here, and probably real life. Get over yourself. STFU. Thanks..