EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Murray-Lendl are DONE

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.co...endl-1-3346173

Interesting.

Reigning Wimbledon champion and British No.1 Andy Murray has split from his coach Ivan Lendl, with their parting believed to be by mutual consent.

Murray joined forces with the multiple Slam-winning Czech at the beginning of the 2012 season, ending his wait for a major title by winning gold at the 2012 London Olympics, the US Open just months after that and then Wimbledon last year.

However, the Dunblane-born world No.6 underwent back surgery after last year’s US Open and has failed to recapture his form this year, losing to Roger Federer in January’s Australian Open at the quarter-final stage and putting in a number of underwhelming performances in ATP World Tour events.

“I’m eternally grateful to Ivan for all his hard work over the past two years, the most successful of my career so far,” Murray, 26, said in a statement on his website. “As a team, we’ve learned a lot and it will definitely be of benefit in the future. I’ll take some time with the team to consider the next steps and how we progress from here.”

matt1216
    matt1216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1052

Tsonga or Delpotro should hire Lendl

EaglesPhan36

That's an excellent idea. Tsonga would be ideal. I think Delpo is too weak personality wise to take Lendl's critiques. He seems like he needs more of a cheerleader type.

Hardcoar
    Curious Nick and Tenacious Kokk
    Hardcoar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4615

Lendl doesn't care for blacks or Mexicans.

Cappinpicks
    Cappinpicks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

you mean murray realized he sucked ballsack finally and didn't want to look like a shitty woman anymore?

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

If Mama Judy shows up as his coach again I'll blindly fade him from the 2nd round in every tourney he plays. Very disappointed to see this end...Lendl was the best thing that ever happened to Murray's career.

Cappinpicks
    Cappinpicks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    If Mama Judy shows up as his coach again I'll blindly fade him from the 2nd round in every tourney he plays. Very disappointed to see this end...Lendl was the best thing that ever happened to Murray's career.
    any plays in WTA? seems like you can flip a coin and do better or just take the dogs that should be favored whatta joke

EaglesPhan36

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    Yeah I was somewhat surprised here, but at the same time reading more about it. Lendl seemed to realize he had pushed Andy to achieve the goals they set out to achieve when they started their partnership. As soon as he won Wimbledon, that was the best it was going to get for these two. Lendl has said he wants more time to pursue other projects and also to play more tennis. I think the coaching thing was always a bit away from his true personality, but he obviously strikes the right notes with the right person.

Murray would be wise to find someone he's never worked with before who can add a fresh look at his game. Going back to Mommy or anyone else who already helped him become what he is currently would be counterproductive to his development.

matt1216
    matt1216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1052

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    Yeah I was somewhat surprised here, but at the same time reading more about it. Lendl seemed to realize he had pushed Andy to achieve the goals they set out to achieve when they started their partnership. As soon as he won Wimbledon, that was the best it was going to get for these two. Lendl has said he wants more time to pursue other projects and also to play more tennis. I think the coaching thing was always a bit away from his true personality, but he obviously strikes the right notes with the right person.

Murray would be wise to find someone he's never worked with before who can add a fresh look at his game. Going back to Mommy or anyone else who already helped him become what he is currently would be counterproductive to his development.
    Maybe Fed's old coach? Lendl definately needs time for more workouts lol

EaglesPhan36

I think Annacone is working with Sloane Stephens mainly. Not that coaches cannot or do not work with multiple players, but I think Murray will probably be looking for someone exclusive to him.

poet
    poet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2039

I think this also shows where Lendl thought Murray is heading. I'm sure he doesn't want to travel to these big tournaments only to have to go home after round2. Murray might give a bit more effort in the coming weeks, to prove that he can be just as good without Lendl, but overall I think he is a good fade, and even a great fade, against the right opponent.

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Quote Originally Posted by Cappinpicks View Post
    any plays in WTA? seems like you can flip a coin and do better or just take the dogs that should be favored whatta joke
    I haven't bet any tennis since the 2nd week after Australia and probably won't until the French but yeah you have the right idea with taking dogs or at the very least nothing worse than -120 maybe -130 if you're really confident. I've always made more money with the women than the men but it takes so much bloody time poring over stats and looking for news that unless you're willing to devote hours to it you're better off sticking with the men. All the research and stats in the world can't help you if they're in a bad mood or just don't come to play. That's why I always tell people to stay away from them unless you have the time to do it properly as they'll toast your bankroll quickly.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Lendl also knows Murray is done

He has also been playing senior tour more ans I bet wants to win some events, Johnny Mac always beats him