ChasingInle
    ChasingInle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 160

Gasquet free money to win against Gulbis?

Anyone disagree?

Bumdeal
    Twirling his mustache
    Bumdeal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2984

I disagree that it is free money.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

I disagree that this isn't the dumbest post of the day.

bababooey13
    bababooey13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

yea for sure get your hands on a few thousand dollars and lay the hammer. as free as money gets.

ChasingInle
    ChasingInle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 160

Translation please?
    Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    I disagree that this isn't the dumbest post of the day.

SirtySree
    SirtySree's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

Not free money but I expect Gasquet to win quite comfortable although theres always that small chance of him losing so not free money.

Should be a similar scoreline as that Dodig game. In my opinion, Gulbis and Dodig are kinda similar except Gulbis is better than Dodig at winning rallies.

DownTheLine
    DownTheLine's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 145

bababooey13
    bababooey13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

pokerwhiz90
    pokerwhiz90's Avatar Become A Pro!

i think gulbis will win, he's serving at such a high level right now - just look at the first serve % and first serve win% from both respective matches. Both of them played good opponents, but if Gulbis serves above 60%, it should be his to win.

JD AMBER
    JD AMBER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Gulbis and Dodig may be somewhat similar in style but Gulbis is significantly more talented, and while you may think the score line would be similar, know that one of the more under-reported and underrated statistics out there in general, but specifically from the dodig and gasquet match, is that dodig earned a break chance(s) in the same number of service games as gasquet did. only difference is gasquet converted three of those chances whereas dodig only did one. matches with similar number of break chances (in terms of games with break points, not total break points)...I tend to think the margin for a result one way or the other is so small that this match easily could have ended up in three sets or even dodig winning. and I say this as a guy who took gasquet ML and gasquet -1.5 sets (and I feel fortunate for having hit the second.)

Long post short...that gasquet-dodig match was closer than you think, and if gulbis is an improved dodig AND gulbis is serving red hot right now...I'll take the 2.40

pokerwhiz90
    pokerwhiz90's Avatar Become A Pro!

also gulbis is a lot fresher and in form than dodig was, and those their serves don't really compare - only thing is if gulbis' fh breaks down - its going to be a long night for him

samus82
    samus82's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 860

Gulbis is a much stronger player than Dodig, his forehand is very powerful and he has the intelligence to pick winners out far more effectively than Dodig.

Gasquet likes to play at the baseline, but Gulbis will pick him off if he tries to attack the net. I imagine Gasquet's tactic (as many other's have adopted against Gulbis) will be to keep the points long and wait for Gulbis to go for difficult winners. If Gulbis brings his A-game, Gasquet won't have an answer for the Gulbis forehand.

Gasquet is playing well and his backhand will always win him points, but I am with Pokerwhiz, as long as Gulbis can keep his first serve % high, this is his match to take.

Tmuston Beltics
    Tmuston Beltics's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Points Awarded:

Akatana gave Tmuston Beltics 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

MartyFR
    MartyFR's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 259

hahahahaha Gasquet.

thirtytwo
    thirtytwo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

french pussy getting pummeled in his own yard

Hardcoar
    Curious Nick and Tenacious Kokk
    Hardcoar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4615

You shouldn't have told him the truth and helped him out. People like this deserve to lose everything they own on a Frenchman in France.

tipsadontlikehim
    tipsadontlikehim's Avatar Become A Pro!

Gasquet was an easy pick
    His ranking is better than Gulbis's

thirtytwo
    thirtytwo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

i bet richie is crying to his mommy right now about mean boy gulbis bitchslapping him all the way to latvia