SirtySree
    SirtySree's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

Dodig v Karlovic Value Bet

On Bet365, the odds are @6.5 for the match to be between 24-26 (inclusive) games. I find this to be great value so thought I would share since I reckon there is a really high chance that if the game ends in two sets, it will hit. Another bet would be for match to go 3 sets if you want to make a bet that covers in case the first bet loses.

Good luck all if you decide to do it.

matt1216
    matt1216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1052

don't even mess around, Karlovic will win this match. I got the feelin Karlovic will win this in 2 sets 6-4 7-6 just the one break. 24-26 games is great odds but it does seem a bit off. The books have thought this one through

SirtySree

Karlovic struggles against Dodig. Dodig seems to be the only player that can return Karlovic's serve by usually knowing which side he is serving to.

I am also putting a bet down on Dodig to win. As good as a serve Karlovic has, Dodig has one to match and is not just a pure servebot. Plus out of 13 sets played, Karlovic has only broke Dodig once which was years ago. My only concern is if Dodig breaks Karlovic, not the other way around.

JNic
    JNic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 290

Quote Originally Posted by SirtySree View Post
    Karlovic struggles against Dodig. Dodig seems to be the only player that can return Karlovic's serve by usually knowing which side he is serving to.

I am also putting a bet down on Dodig to win. As good as a serve Karlovic has, Dodig has one to match and is not just a pure servebot. Plus out of 13 sets played, Karlovic has only broke Dodig once which was years ago. My only concern is if Dodig breaks Karlovic, not the other way around.
    Very good points but there's times when Karlovics serve is literally too good and in his hometown he seems to be locked in on that, I just think that Dodig making UEs on his own service game is more likely than getting enough looks in one Ivo service game to produce a break

ZeKa
    Update your status
    ZeKa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

Hey guys.
    Local bookie has this:
    1st set nr of games=2nd set nr of games 4.75

I see huge value in this, obviously expecting tiebreaks in both sets.What do you think?

Tmuston Beltics
    Tmuston Beltics's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

If you think both sets will end in a TB, you can get more value if you bet both sets seperately to go o12.5 games.

thirtytwo
    thirtytwo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

anyone have a line on OVER 38.5 games in this match?

Tmuston Beltics
    Tmuston Beltics's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Quote Originally Posted by thirtytwo View Post
    anyone have a line on OVER 38.5 games in this match?
    If you have access to live betting, just live bet o12.5 every set.

tipsadontlikehim
    tipsadontlikehim's Avatar Become A Pro!

I am also putting a bet down on Dodig to win. As good as a serve Karlovic has, Dodig has one to match and is not just a pure servebot. Plus out of 13 sets played, Karlovic has only broke Dodig once which was years ago.
    man get your facts straight, he broke Dodig exactly 1 year ago at the same tournament

SirtySree

oh well, didnt hit but hit dodig to win. as i mentioned, was just concerned bout dodig getting the break

matt1216
    matt1216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1052

oh well, didnt hit but hit dodig to win. as i mentioned, was just concerned bout dodig getting the break
    Karlovic had break chances throug out the entire match. Dodig got his first chances n the 3rd set. Dodig had no buisness winning today. The 24-26 was worth a shot IMO. Better luck next time man

SirtySree

Dodig won 2-0 so no 3rd set. I just felt that Dodig has the more complete game so had higher chance of breaking than Karlovic who usually only wins in tie breaks with the occasional break here and there.