poet
    poet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2039

Isner/Delpo

I think Delpo should win this one. I just can't see Isner being able to get up for this after the Djoker match (mentally and physically). My only questions are, is Delpo healthy or healthy enough and motivated (unlike say Murray).

SCS
    SCS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1330

JMDP -2 looks mighty good

theballsflop
    Fish
    theballsflop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

This was the exact spot in the Rogers Cup when Delpo played Raonic. Even the same odds too. I was stupid enough to join on the Delpo express then, not going to do it again.

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

isner is on fire and more fresh. honestly its him or NO PLAY.

speedracer122
    speedracer122's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 222

When Del Po played Raonic he was coming off a 32-game match with Dodig while Raonic just beat Youzhny in straight sets. I see Del Po winning this in 3 sets, Isner has been playing great tennis but I just feel like won't be able to last tomorrow after today's match with Djoker

poet

Unless Delpo is hurt, I like his chances. He has a better feel for Isner's game than most. The last time they played was a great example. He would simply block Isner's serves back to him and get him in a rally. Isner had no answer for this, as he is not used to his serves coming back. Novak didn't try this tactic. He tried to return Isner's serves as he would with any other player, which never works with the big guy.

poet

Quote Originally Posted by speedracer122 View Post
    When Del Po played Raonic he was coming off a 32-game match with Dodig while Raonic just beat Youzhny in straight sets. I see Del Po winning this in 3 sets, Isner has been playing great tennis but I just feel like won't be able to last tomorrow after today's match with Djoker
    I don't think Delpo's heart was into that match. Still, if Raonic doesn't cheat, who knows what happens. But I get your point. The line does seem too good to be true, which is always a warning. But in this case I think it's mostly because Isner just beat the "best" hard court player in the world.

speedracer122

Quote Originally Posted by poet View Post
    I don't think Delpo's heart was into that match. Still, if Raonic doesn't cheat, who knows what happens. But I get your point. The line does seem too good to be true, which is always a warning. But in this case I think it's mostly because Isner just beat the "best" hard court player in the world.
    yeah I think so too, Isner has been very hot these past few matches. I agree with what you said earlier, the fact that Del Po is 4-0 vs. Isner in their careers should speak to how well he handles Isner's game. Let's hope we're right tomorrow!

lucasdawg
    pro as sometimes
    lucasdawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5519

will take 2-1 sets for isner

i think isner will play similar to how he was with novak.
    solid serves first set takes it, then may lose some momentum in the second
    before strong service games in 3rd set - also considering how much
    playing time del potro has had over the previous week.

mrlif1
    carrie got her period in the shower
    mrlif1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3555

3 sets for me. over is the play in my opinion. isner is serving phenomenally and gets a quick turnaround for some revenge on home soil.

theballsflop
    Fish

Yes 3 sets seems the way to go for this match

GoBlue77

Lets gooooooo Isner!!!!!!!!!

theballsflop
    Fish

good call if you had isner too goblue. it was the exact same spot as the Rogers Cup with Delpo/Milos. Same odds, same homecrowd bigserving hero. Took Delpo then and lost pretty big, learned my lesson.

GoBlue77

Isner is winning this tournament.

speedracer122

good call guys. really thought isner wouldn't win but man he was impressive

SCS
    SCS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1330

Had I bet on DelPo -2 as I came close to doing, I would be fuming right now! 2 double faults up a break at 5-3 in the 2nd...
    Last edited by SCS; 08-17-13 at 03:45 PM.

poet

Yeah you're all geniuses. Delpo choked, plain and simple. The match and the under were on his racket. The score line should read 7-6 6-3. He outplayed Isner for most of the match, but choked, again and again (even in the third set, with three break points in the first game). It's all luck people, there is no rhyme or reason to it, so stop congratulating yourselves.

theballsflop
    Fish

Yeah you're all geniuses. Delpo choked, plain and simple. The match and the under were on his racket. The score line should read 7-6 6-3. He outplayed Isner for most of the match, but choked, again and again (even in the third set, with three break points in the first game). It's all luck people, there is no rhyme or reason to it, so stop congratulating yourselves.
    you should go play bingo then

poet

Quote Originally Posted by theballsflop View Post
    you should go play bingo then
    Yeah, you'll eat your words when lady luck rips your heart out...very soon, I might add, for that much is certain!

theballsflop
    Fish

Yeah, you'll eat your words when lady luck rips your heart out...very soon, I might add, for that much is certain!
    Sour grapes much? Just take your loss like a man and admit you made the wrong bet this time round.

Sure, lady luck might rip me a new asshole, but it won't be the first time, and u wont see me going loco about it.

poet

Quote Originally Posted by theballsflop View Post
    Sour grapes much? Just take your loss like a man and admit you made the wrong bet this time round.

Sure, lady luck might rip me a new asshole, but it won't be the first time, and u wont see me going loco about it.
    What if I'm a woman? And I'm not going loco, just pointing out that anyone who thinks they are Nostradamus (like yourself?) is mad.