gcd8
    Update your status
    gcd8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 320

i don't understand how ferrer can be favored over del po

and del po is better odds to win wimbledon that makes no sense at all

ferrer is -150 against del po but futures del po is 28-1 and ferrer is 42.75 explain that one

ATP Wimbledon
    Wed 7/3 6:30AM
    all players have action
    Novak Djokovic -106
    Andy Murray +166
    Jerzy Janowicz +2285
    Juan Martin Del Potro +2800
    Tomas Berdych +3600
    David Ferrer +4275
    Fernando Verdasco +10500
    Lukasz Kubot +22500

Hardcoar
    Curious Nick and Tenacious Kokk
    Hardcoar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4615

The explanation reads Ferrer's serious issues playing Djokovic and Murray.

There is no reason Po'Mo should be favorite here though. As is most often the case, odds have now settled on fair lines. Opening @ 1.9 on Ferrer is amazing though.

pinnacle420
    THE LOCALS WORST NIGHTMARE
    pinnacle420's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1913

lines only -150... a days rest will benefit both players greatly, but ferrer is like a pesky gnat you just cant kill... my moneys on ferrer!!

Gus Fring
    Gus Fring's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 745

Like the over in this match

pinnacle420
    THE LOCALS WORST NIGHTMARE
    pinnacle420's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1913

Quote Originally Posted by Gus Fring View Post
    Like the over in this match
    yep!!!!

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Did you guys not watch Ferrer dress Del Potro down last year? Still some injury question about Del Potro too. He made it through against Seppi okay, but he'll be forced to work a lot more in this match. I don't really understand people who have a problem with the line either way. Seems about perfectly set to me.

matt1216
    matt1216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1052

I watched ferrer vs dolgopolov, he didnt look great. If it wasnt for dolgo's condition i bet he wins that match. Even dodig gave him a tough time in the first 2 sets. Delpo should have the endorance to keep up

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia
    MagicDiceFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    Did you guys not watch Ferrer dress Del Potro down last year? Still some injury question about Del Potro too. He made it through against Seppi okay, but he'll be forced to work a lot more in this match. I don't really understand people who have a problem with the line either way. Seems about perfectly set to me.
    Right on. People tend to forget about what happened last year on this exact surface. Del Potro was actually the favorite on that match and Ferrer took him down convincingly.

Don't mess with the all surface maestro Ferrer.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think Delpo should give him a better match, but the knee would be my worry. Everyone will assume he is fine because he made it through a match with Seppi where he wasn't forced to move like Ferrer will move him. I'm in the enviable position where I can skip this because I have both to win the quarter and make something no matter who wins. I'd give Ferrer a slight edge like the price indicates. Said it before, no one has quietly crept into this many Slam semis in the span of two years IMO than Ferrer. No one really recognizes his greatness because of the other players in this era.

FYI ... tweeted from one of the better tennis reporters around - Matt Cronin ...

Del Potro says his knee hurts him a lot. No danger, but cant extend 100%. Not good news versus Ferrer.
    1:31 PM - 1 Jul 2013 from Westminster, London, United Kingdom
    Last edited by EaglesPhan36; 07-02-13 at 09:26 PM.

benrama
    benrama's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

The line factors in Del Po's injury so it makes sense. I think the odds makers are tipping their hat here towards Ferrer, as it is begging for money on Del Po.

Del Po doesn't move well at the best of times and Ferrer is one of the best players on tour at making you move. It's why he performs so well against Del Po and other larger players such as Berdych. Only players with a combination of elite stroke play and movement (ie the top 4) have his number.

With a book like pinnacle that will award a win in case of injury I think Ferrer is definitely the play here.

gregm
    gregm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    I think Delpo should give him a better match, but the knee would be my worry. Everyone will assume he is fine because he made it through a match with Seppi where he wasn't forced to move like Ferrer will move him. I'm in the enviable position where I can skip this because I have both to win the quarter and make something no matter who wins. I'd give Ferrer a slight edge like the price indicates. Said it before, no one has quietly crept into this many Slam semis in the span of two years IMO than Ferrer. No one really recognizes his greatness because of the other players in this era.

FYI ... tweeted from one of the better tennis reporters around - Matt Cronin ...
    Thanks for posting this tweet eagles. I hadnt seen that. I agree with ben,mdf and most posters in here. Even if that quote is all strategic bullshit and Del Potro is 100%, you know that Ferrer will fight if he is down a set. That over seems like a nice hedge in this, I like David to win this one though.

secret007
    secret007's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 332

Quote Originally Posted by benrama View Post
    The line factors in Del Po's injury so it makes sense. I think the odds makers are tipping their hat here towards Ferrer, as it is begging for money on Del Po.

Del Po doesn't move well at the best of times and Ferrer is one of the best players on tour at making you move. It's why he performs so well against Del Po and other larger players such as Berdych. Only players with a combination of elite stroke play and movement (ie the top 4) have his number.

With a book like pinnacle that will award a win in case of injury I think Ferrer is definitely the play here.
    injury = bet cancelled with pinnacle

gregm
    gregm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

1 set at pinny on ml

Head to Head Matchups

"One full set must be completed for Money Line wagers to stand. If less than 1 set is completed, all Money Line wagers will be considered void.

Example: Federer 6-3, 2-0 (Roddick retired due to injury). All wagers stand. Federer declared the winner while Roddick is deemed the loser.
    Example: Federer 2-0 (Roddick retired due to injury). All wagers considered void.

If we offer Player A (-1.5 sets or -2.5 sets ) vs Player B (+1.5 sets or +2.5 sets) the match must be completed else wagers on that line are void."

handicaps

Handicap and Total Games Betting:

If a tennis match is not completed because of a player retirement or disqualification, all Handicap and Total Games bets will be considered void. Such wagers will be cancelled and the monies refunded.
    Last edited by gregm; 07-03-13 at 02:07 AM.

matt1216

Damn please retire delpo, my money is screwed if he continues

Gus Fring
    Gus Fring's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 745

Ferrer already broken

matt1216

Quote Originally Posted by Gus Fring View Post
    Ferrer already broken
    lol a healthy delpo would be owning ferrer right now

secret007
    secret007's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 332

A shame about the slip, he's all over Ferrer.

matt1216

Quote Originally Posted by matt1216 View Post
    I watched ferrer vs dolgopolov, he didnt look great. If it wasnt for dolgo's condition i bet he wins that match. Even dodig gave him a tough time in the first 2 sets. Delpo should have the endorance to keep up
    Delpo hammers ferrer. Im not suprised, thus wondering why ferrer was favored. Like i said he barely got by dolgo

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5421

Quote Originally Posted by matt1216 View Post
    Delpo hammers ferrer. Im not suprised, thus wondering why ferrer was favored. Like i said he barely got by dolgo
    Exactly man. I totally agree. People were making too big a deal about Del Pos injury when it didnt even bother him last match.