beefcake
    Update your status
    beefcake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 178

Closing the Roof..Favors Janowicz Serve??

Remember the same thing happened to Fed last year and he turned up the heat..

Live bet?

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Maybe if there was more wiggle room. Down a set, I would pass. Janowicz has to adjust to the conditions too. Murray has seen this.

horja1
    Grrrrrr
    horja1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Janowicz's problem is his head ... if he can clear his toughts and start playing tennis again he still has a chance ... if he can't, the roof, rain or wind won't mather at all

horja1
    Grrrrrr

this match is over

horja1
    Grrrrrr

what a waste of talent ...

RichardGeorge
    RichardGeorge's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by horja1 View Post
    what a waste of talent ...
    Are you really this dumb?

He's 22 and made a semis when he had to qualify for this same tourney just a year ago.. Waste of talent? Lmao

baconbets
    baconbets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 550

futures on janowicz will be effed up from here on out. so long dark horse status. welcome to tomic/dimitrov land, where a handful of big wins suddenly mean you are 50:1 to win each grand slam.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

The interesting thing now is to see if he can cope with success. Let's not forget his 2013 before Wimbledon was mostly very average on results. This is the 1st Grand Slam where he advanced past the 3rd round and this right now seems obvious as his best Slam with good results in two straight years. He really needs to prove himself at the US Open with a 4th round run or better. Last year's 1st round loss to an absolute nobody is not something that a rising star needs to repeat.

I tend to think he will level off to a little more mediocrity perhaps in the Summer swing on hard courts. Overuse on that elbow and not being used to a full tour year at the ATP level tend to grind young players down as the season wears on. He'll be a real interesting guy to track. He'd do well to play a fairly light schedule in the Summer also. I wouldn't play more than two tournaments in July if I were him and then come out for the two Masters hard court events prior to the US Open. Fukk all else.

Del Potro today reaffirmed that he may be the 3rd best player on tour when at full health behind Djokovic and Murray right now (Sorry Rafa). Not sure what level of fitness he was at with the knee, but he fought hard and played extremely well today. Showed the game that won the US Open in 2009. Today may have served him better than winning the US Open. He's always been a player that I thought shrunk a bit when he showed injury. Wimbledon 2013 proved to him that he can fight through little things and compete at a high level. Personal opinion is if he stays near full health for the next 12 months - being that he doesn't miss weeks or months due to injury - I think he's got a 2nd Grand Slam in his pocket by the end of next year.

horja1
    Grrrrrr

Quote Originally Posted by RichardGeorge View Post
    Are you really this dumb?

He's 22 and made a semis when he had to qualify for this same tourney just a year ago.. Waste of talent? Lmao
    I was talking about this match "genius" ... I guess you probably did not watch it since you are throwing insults so easily ... Janowicz was capable to win this match, he was dominant in the third set until 4-1 and after his double faults, Murray's ball that hit the net and felt on Janowicz's side to give Murray the break point (score was 30-30 and 2-4), and Janowicz stuborness to hit dropshots, everything went downhill for Janowicz ... and everything happened because he is still too arogant (if you can't see that in his game, attidude and gesture you need to stop watching/betting on tennis) and unexperienced.