baconbets
    baconbets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 550

nadal vs wawrinka

nadal under 19.5 games -140
    under 32.5 games -115

these seem like steals considering that nadal is rounding into form and wawrinka, despite his recent successes, doesnt have a good record against nadal and was just pushed in a long match. the above lines cover a good variety of 3-0 nadal wins, whereas his 3-0 set prop is -200.

Hardcoar
    Curious Nick and Tenacious Kokk
    Hardcoar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4615

Stan could easily take a set, and turn a couple more late.

CaptainOmar111
    On My Way To Earn $1,000
    CaptainOmar111's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by baconbets View Post
    nadal under 19.5 games -140
    under 32.5 games -115

these seem like steals considering that nadal is rounding into form and wawrinka, despite his recent successes, doesnt have a good record against nadal and was just pushed in a long match. the above lines cover a good variety of 3-0 nadal wins, whereas his 3-0 set prop is -200.
    I like the under 19,5 games

I took Nadal under 22,5 games when he was 1-1 sets X Klizan @ -250 and won it

Wawa may lose 3-0 but nadal under 19.5 games -140 better

matt1216
    matt1216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1052

Wawa can take a set. Nadal has faced a bunch of PHIDs so far. Nishikori had no serve to hurt nadal. Wawrinka can.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Really depends on what if anything Wawrinka has left after the Gasquet match. Guy spent a lot of physical and emotional energy. He was playing maybe better tennis in Madrid and Nadal ate him up in straights in that Final. This result could easily go the way of the Ferrer-Robredo match today. My personal opinion is it's more likely to be straight forward like that than to see Wawrinka putting up a fight and winning a set.

Personal opinion also would be to bet one or the other as referenced in the OP. Seems smarter to just take the Under 32.5 if you like either bet and pay the reduced price although I see it is now down to 32 at places.

Hardcoar

Quote Originally Posted by matt1216 View Post
    Wawa can take a set. Nadal has faced a bunch of PHIDs so far. Nishikori had no serve to hurt nadal. Wawrinka can.
    Japmaster's serve had nothing to do with his inability to hurt Nadal. It had plenty to do with Nadal's ability to hurt him though.

What Nish-Nish lacks to hurt Nadal is power hitting. He's a technical guy with potential for excellent shotmaking but little power. His shots constantly come up short and fail to bother brick walls such as Nadal. He would still be able to take it even to Nadal if his skill is on though. I guess anyone can beat everyone if he's playing well enough, huh?

Also, aspiring to be the next Monfils doesn't exactly help your cause when said cause is to beat Nadal at RG...

baconbets

under 19.5 down to -165 now, people must be hitting that line. still 32.5 -115 on my book, good opportunity there.

matt1216
    matt1216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1052

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcoar View Post
    Japmaster's serve had nothing to do with his inability to hurt Nadal. It had plenty to do with Nadal's ability to hurt him though.

What Nish-Nish lacks to hurt Nadal is power hitting. He's a technical guy with potential for excellent shotmaking but little power. His shots constantly come up short and fail to bother brick walls such as Nadal. He would still be able to take it even to Nadal if his skill is on though. I guess anyone can beat everyone if he's playing well enough, huh?

Also, aspiring to be the next Monfils doesn't exactly help your cause when said cause is to beat Nadal at RG...
    Fair enough. I heard Wawa was somewhat injured in this tourney. I may just play the under here

alta
    alta's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10359

Head to Head
    Nadal 9-0
    Nadal 19 sets Stan 0 sets
    1 best of 5 match at 2007 Australian 6-2, 6-2, 6-2

Sharp Snake
    Sharp Snake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 760

I think I may be the only person on the planet who thinks that Stan puts up a fight here. I could see something like 7-6, 4-6, 6-3, 6-1 or something similar (in favor of Nadal). Stan puts up a fight early on, then sort of fades away. My book is still showing 32.5, which is good "value" I suppose but I just cant pull the trigger. Gonna stick with my gut and lay off.

Hardcoar

Quote Originally Posted by matt1216 View Post
    Fair enough. I heard Wawa was somewhat injured in this tourney. I may just play the under here
    He is, but it's impossible to tell how that's going to work out.

baconbets

i caught a clip on espn. brad gilbert credited wawrinka's one handed backhand as being part of the source of his vulnerability to nadal. ive seen him play recently and he doesnt seem to have the same issues that federer has on that side, but its an interesting point.

MiddleMan
    MiddleMan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1060

Rafael Nadal -7.5 & Under 32.5 games @ $3.65
    Stanislas Wawrinka +7.5 & Over 32.5 games @ $3.40

samus82
    samus82's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 860

Quote Originally Posted by Sharp Snake View Post
    I think I may be the only person on the planet who thinks that Stan puts up a fight here. I could see something like 7-6, 4-6, 6-3, 6-1 or something similar (in favor of Nadal). Stan puts up a fight early on, then sort of fades away. My book is still showing 32.5, which is good "value" I suppose but I just cant pull the trigger. Gonna stick with my gut and lay off.
    I agree fully with this, my play would have to be the over as I think its good value despite the h2h, but just can't pull the trigger. Best to steer well clear of this.