gcd8
    Update your status
    gcd8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 320

i see alot of good value in nishikori winning 1st set against nadal

i still think nadal isn't 100% and something isn't right with him, he has already lost 1st set to brands, lost 1st set to klizen, was down in 1st set to fog and none of those 3 players are nearly as good at niki, they played twice at miami both times nadal won 6-4 6-4 it's not like they were blowouts, niki has won the 1st set in each of his 3 matches, here's hoping to nadal keep starting out his matches slow

6/2/13 11:03pm $190.00 $997.50 Pending 6/3/13 8:00am Props Tennis 160 K.Nishikori Wins 1st Set +525* vs R.Nadal Wins 1st Set

baconbets
    baconbets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 550

if there is a pro-nishikori bet to be found, this is probably the only one. i think nadal puts the pedal down this week and stops looking vulnerable against lesser opposition.

not sure what you are saying that nishikori is much better than fognini on clay. i think fognini would beat a wider variety of ATP players on clay and would beat nishikori heads to head on clay. nishikori was the beneficiary of a paire meltdown, by most people's reports. klizan and brands are good on clay as well, although nadal should have beaten them 3-0.

most people are on the other side of this. i see a lot of value in under 29.5 games and there was a post about nadal under 18.5 games, which is basically the same thing.

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5421

Not a bad bet

BrianLaverty
    BrianLaverty's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by baconbets View Post
    klizan and brands are good on clay as well, although nadal should have beaten them 3-0.
    Klizan and brands are good on clay? In what world? Brands is a stiff who relies on his serve... Clay is his worst surface by far.. Klizan is better on all other surfaces then clay.

baconbets

Quote Originally Posted by BrianLaverty View Post
    Klizan and brands are good on clay? In what world? Brands is a stiff who relies on his serve... Clay is his worst surface by far.. Klizan is better on all other surfaces then clay.
    both guys are better on other surfaces, but that doesnt mean that they are terrible on clay. brands has several quality wins on clay this season. klizan hasnt done as much this year, but besides making noise at the US open, he has done a lot of his best work on clay.

whats your play for nadal/nishikori, if any?

daringly
    daringly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4671

Nishikori 1st set is the wrong side.

gcd8
    Update your status

well i'm on niki for the first set, i don't think nadal is 100 percent he prob will make the semi's but joker is going to the finals can't believe nadal is still favored u can just tell watching his 3 matches this isn't the same rafa

BrianLaverty
    BrianLaverty's Avatar Become A Pro!

both guys are better on other surfaces, but that doesnt mean that they are terrible on clay. brands has several quality wins on clay this season. klizan hasnt done as much this year, but besides making noise at the US open, he has done a lot of his best work on clay.

whats your play for nadal/nishikori, if any?
    Klizans best win on clay in his career is vs dodig in 2011.. That's his only top 50 win on clay.

Brands has had some good wins on clay over the last couple of months but is still just 104-90 record on clay... Looks much more comfortable on hard courts obviously.

As for this match, no play for me but going to cheer for nishi... He is capable of beating nadal if he has his a game..

MasterBet
    Tennis betting are exhausting
    MasterBet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 739

IMO Nadal take this easy,Brands ,gulbis,Klizan all have strong stroke Nishi on the other hand don't have a powerful game and if Paire was able to break him and fight well on is serve,Nadal shulde break him every game...bol

samus82
    samus82's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 860

Quote Originally Posted by MasterBet View Post
    IMO Nadal take this easy,Brands ,gulbis,Klizan all have strong stroke Nishi on the other hand don't have a powerful game and if Paire was able to break him and fight well on is serve,Nadal shulde break him every game...bol
    Have to agree with this. The reason Nadal struggled earlier in the tournament was because the players had a very aggressive approach to the game. Whilst I rate Nishikori highly, I'm not sure he has the weapons to really hurt Nadal on clay, even if he plays super aggressive.

You've got really nice odds there though mate, best of luck.

gcd8
    Update your status

niki had 2 bp chances to go up 3-1 on nadal he didn't convert and now the 1st set isn't looking good, looks like another bad pick arghh, i should of picked joker to lose 1st set didn't see that coming

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5421

this first set has been bullshit

gcd8
    Update your status

jeez nishi can't even get the ball back in play , that game on rafa's serve was awful so many errors,

gcd8
    Update your status

i don't think nishi will be able to break nadal he had his chances this first set maybe i will throw a few bones on sloan stephens, sharapova can't keep up this good play on clay too much longer

bet_that_all
    bet_that_all's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 162

Quote Originally Posted by BrianLaverty View Post
    Klizan is a former junior French open champion so the clay is definitely his worst surface....

Hardcoar
    Curious Nick and Tenacious Kokk
    Hardcoar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4615

Kids don't count.

It should tell us something though...

baconbets

i didnt want to bust out his juniors work as evidence for fear of being flamed, but that was on my mind as well. i take things like that to heart, not necessarily as an indication of ability as an adult but as an indication of comfort and familiarity.

separate from his juniors work, if you look at klizan's record, he has a lot of challenger wins against good clay opponents, the kind of guys that come out from under a rock just to play clay every year, from spain, latin america, etc. none of them are "ranked in the top 50," but im unaware that there is such a thing as a clay top 50. there is such a thing as an ATP top 50, but that is a measure of success mostly in terms of surfaces which are faster than clay.

anyway, the point was that nadal's struggles against klizan and brands should result in some credit to those players rather than just concern for nadal.

i would add that the first set bet was still the right call. nishikori was up 15-40 i believe in the 4th game. thats pretty close for a +500 bet. it was definitely a better bet than +2.5 sets, as it probably paid a lot more and his chance of winning a set diminished after the first.

Hardcoar
    Curious Nick and Tenacious Kokk
    Hardcoar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4615

i didnt want to bust out his juniors work as evidence for fear of being flamed, but that was on my mind as well. i take things like that to heart, not necessarily as an indication of ability as an adult but as an indication of comfort and familiarity.

separate from his juniors work, if you look at klizan's record, he has a lot of challenger wins against good clay opponents, the kind of guys that come out from under a rock just to play clay every year, from spain, latin america, etc. none of them are "ranked in the top 50," but im unaware that there is such a thing as a clay top 50. there is such a thing as an ATP top 50, but that is a measure of success mostly in terms of surfaces which are faster than clay.

anyway, the point was that nadal's struggles against klizan and brands should result in some credit to those players rather than just concern for nadal.

i would add that the first set bet was still the right call. nishikori was up 15-40 i believe in the 4th game. thats pretty close for a +500 bet. it was definitely a better bet than +2.5 sets, as it probably paid a lot more and his chance of winning a set diminished after the first.
    QP with cheese. Until the last paragraph at least...