Chaz22
    Chaz22's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17185

SBR Fantasy Tennis Coalition PART 2 - Do we do this or not?

Clay season is about to start and if we manage to draft players till Monaco Masters (that is one week from now) I think its worth doing.

Couple of suggestions would be that:

1) we cut to 7 (not 9) players (1-2 WTA, 5-6 ATP)

2) if someone picks any player from Big 4 (Ferrer not in that group) his next pick is outside of top20.
    this way it gets more tactical.

other rulles IMO were more or less suitable.

Like I said I can count the points, update standings daily (well, every second day for sure).

Bank i think should remain under EP's control.

Please post here, if you decide to paritcipate. Deadline would be this Sunday so we can start drafting players early on Monday.

any other suggestions also welcomed.

And, yes, Clay season goes from Monaco to Roland Garros if im not mistaken. So its short but playable.

Djoking
    Djoking's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 595

I think that we must take 2WTA players and 4ATP for clay season

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Yeah cutting down the players and the rule about the top 4 sound good. I'm in if we get enough people.

Chaz22
    Chaz22's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17185

looks like this ain't gonna happen....well, then we wait for RG bracket contest

Sharp Snake
    Sharp Snake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 760

I definitely would be in, although I'm not sure I agree with the top 4 idea. I didn't have a top 4 pick, and I absolutely crushed everyone. Sure I lucked out with getting Nadal late, but the normal snake draft works just fine.

I didnt really feel like we needed a bench, so I'd be ok with simply just starting 5 ATP and 2 WTA and having free Free Agent pickups.

Blax0r
    Blax0r's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1512

Quote Originally Posted by Sharp Snake View Post
    I definitely would be in, although I'm not sure I agree with the top 4 idea. I didn't have a top 4 pick, and I absolutely crushed everyone. Sure I lucked out with getting Nadal late, but the normal snake draft works just fine.

I didnt really feel like we needed a bench, so I'd be ok with simply just starting 5 ATP and 2 WTA and having free Free Agent pickups.
    I agree with Sharp Snake to an extent; a top-four guy had less value for section one because there are fewer tourneys where the big boys enter, and many 250's/500's. So some members with late draft picks were able to excel.

The clay/grass season, on the other hand, has at least FIVE tournaments where the strongest players will enter and dominate (not to mention Nadal taking his yearly stop at Barcelona). This time, I believe member who drafts a top-four guy needs to be handicapped in one way or another, but I'd be open to hearing more on the other side of the argument.

And with all that being said, I'm in (and willing to pitch in w/ any grunt work).

If anyone else here happens to be a software developer, maybe we can open a git, and get a website/draft engine going?