Delgado
    Delgado's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 918

Hedging advice needed.

I need to extract the most amount of value here. Here's the parlay. 4 out of 3 have hit. The last one is Putintseva to win 2-0 at indian wells.

Here's what i can get at William Hill.

And yes it's a 1€ bet. penetrate you. All trolls are welcome.

PharaohUB
    PharaohUB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11494

Why would you do a 4team parley on events that arent played at the same time, with the intention to hedge out at the end if the first 3 win? Why not just do a 3 team parley and save yourself the juice on both sides for the 4th bet, and the hedging out bet???

riffraff24
    ...and out come the wolves
    riffraff24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Quote Originally Posted by PharaohUB View Post
    Why would you do a 4team parley on events that arent played at the same time, with the intention to hedge out at the end if the first 3 win? Why not just do a 3 team parley and save yourself the juice on both sides for the 4th bet, and the hedging out bet???
    Because there is guaranteed money. I went through this last week when I had a 7-teamer going. 1 pushed and I had 1 pending. Several posters made the same point you are making; however I went for the guaranteed money and it paid off. The parlay would have pulled about 1k if it hit, so I hedged with $500. The last leg lost and I came out with $500 I wouldn't have had otherwise.

I get your point with the juice, but Delgado has set himself up for a guaranteed profit if he doesn't feel like rolling the dice.

BOL in whatever you choose man.

PharaohUB
    PharaohUB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11494

I don't mean that you shouldn't hedge. I mean why did you place a 4 team parley in the first place with the intentions of hedging out if first 3 win. You should have just started with a 3 team parley,and saved yourslef paying double juice on a bet you want to get out of if the first 3 win. Do you get what I'm saying?