Hawke
    Hawke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1041

Djokovic, Ferrer, Murray, Federer

This will not be the semi-final line-up.

I predict ONE of these guys will lose. I can just feel it.

Tipping Almagro or Berd to step up big.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

The slim chances would be Tsonga or Berdych if they have an absolute perfect day and Federer and Djokovic are well off their games.

Ferrer will work Almagro all over the court and wear him out. There is definitely a reason Nico has never beaten Ferrer. Chardy is the epitome of happy to be here. I think he already had his perfect game against Del Potro. That knee will be a bigger hinderance potentially against someone like Murray who will work hard every point.

Djoking
    Djoking's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 595

From this 4 only one really may lose its Ferrer

Djoking

But Almagro win only one time in 2009 at demonstrative tournament in Bilbao

Sport_Fish
    Sport_Fish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2039

Hmm i feel otherwise...u would think atleast 1 fav would lose but considering the match-ups, i dont see it happening.

Gun to head, my pick would be Berdych, but even that's pushing it - that price is pretty indicative of what chances Vegas is giving Berdy on this one, and I don't think its happening.

Cross
    Cross's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9281

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    The slim chances would be Tsonga or Berdych if they have an absolute perfect day and Federer and Djokovic are well off their games.

Ferrer will work Almagro all over the court and wear him out. There is definitely a reason Nico has never beaten Ferrer. Chardy is the epitome of happy to be here. I think he already had his perfect game against Del Potro. That knee will be a bigger hinderance potentially against someone like Murray who will work hard every point.
    Nobody ever beats Almagro 13 times in a row! But seriously I do think Almagro takes a set off him. And chalk up top 4 seeds into the semis.

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Have you watched Chardy's last two matches? He's looked outstanding against Del Potro and Seppi, and he might be a little worn, but will play Murray hard. It should be a good match, and Chardy shouldn't be bet as an easy out. The spread might be a little high at +8.5

Tsonga has no chance against Federer, and Almagro should get worked by Ferrer in four sets. I have a little on Berdych as he's in great form right now but that's more of a value play than a strong lean.

I think the assumption that one of Djokovic/Murray/Ferrer/Federer have to lose is wrong... Probably a 90%+ chance that all four advance.

EaglesPhan36

I don't doubt that on Almagro, he's taken a few sets off Ferrer and his serve will give him a chance to do that - but once they get into rallies, advantage Dah-veed!

I really hope Murray takes Chardy out behind the wood shed and gives him a triple bread stick or something ridiculous.

Cross
    Cross's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9281

I don't doubt that on Almagro, he's taken a few sets off Ferrer and his serve will give him a chance to do that - but once they get into rallies, advantage Dah-veed!

I really hope Murray takes Chardy out behind the wood shed and gives him a triple bread stick or something ridiculous.
    Why the hate for Chardy? Let's go underdog, tired of seeing the same guys in the semis. The guy is on cloud nine right now, I'm really happy for him. Probably doesn't stand a chance against Murray, but I will root for the dog here.

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

I fukkin hate Chardy. I really started hating him after he beat Murray in Cincy. Hate him more because he just beat Del Potro. I hope Murray pounds that French ass. I could also see Almagro take out Ferrer. Djokovic may be tired out.

EaglesPhan36

Quote Originally Posted by Cross View Post
    Nobody ever beats Almagro 13 times in a row! But seriously I do think Almagro takes a set off him. And chalk up top 4 seeds into the semis.
    He still has to close him out, but Almagro is playing the best match I have ever seen out of him on a surface that wasn't clay I always thought he was underrated on hard courts at least at Slams - routinely making the 4th Round. Very surprised though how he is dominating with his serve and Ferrer seems to have no answer for it. I'll root for Nico because I need this done in four sets or less and it looks like he is about to go up 2-0. Maybe no one does beat Nico 13 straight times!

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Will Almagro finally make his first major semis?

EaglesPhan36

Rooting for it, not only for betting purposes - but I've always enjoyed watching him. Quite certain both Djokovic and Berdych are more than pleased to see this too. Even though Almagro is obviously capable, getting virgin blood in a semifinal + not seeing Ferrer on the other side has to be magical for them.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

He still has to close him out, but Almagro is playing the best match I have ever seen out of him on a surface that wasn't clay I always thought he was underrated on hard courts at least at Slams - routinely making the 4th Round. Very surprised though how he is dominating with his serve and Ferrer seems to have no answer for it. I'll root for Nico because I need this done in four sets or less and it looks like he is about to go up 2-0. Maybe no one does beat Nico 13 straight times!
    Almagro is underrated in general but there's a reason for it. He never could get past the big boys.

This is his 34th Grand Slam and he's looking for his first semis appearance.

This was the first time he even made the quarters at a major not played in Roland Garros.

Djoking

From this 4 only one really may lose its Ferrer

El Sol
    El Sol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1802

Ferrer never gives up. This five (edit. Fifth) set is an absolute toss-up. Personally, Ill give the edge to Ferrer

edit: predicting the fifth set, not the match after the fact...
    Last edited by El Sol; 01-21-13 at 11:58 PM.