brettels
    brettels's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16

Almagro vs Janowicz Tips and in-play

Think Almagro is in great form and wins this. Has decent odds on him too.

What's everyone's picks for this match?

Hawke
    Hawke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1041

I was waiting for someone to notice this. The odds are surprisingly inflated for Almagro, I'm betting heavily on him. Maybe it's just because I like the way Almagro plays, but I don't see anyway that piss ant Polish prick can beat him.

x3U on Almagro ML

illadelphia215
    illadelphia215's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 226

I think Almagro will pull it out in 4 or 5 sets. Im thinking of parlaying him wit Wawa (+140 parlay), but I'm not sure if Ill pull the trigger. Ill warn you though, I'm a pretty big tennis fan but I don't usually watch more than 10 ATP tourneys a year other than the majors so my advice may not be the best. I love the lottery ticket parlays in the first 2 rounds in the majors, and then go wit 2-3 player parlays in 3rd and 4th rounds.

HeeeHAWWWW
    HeeeHAWWWW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

Pre-tournament I fancied Janowicz to make this round and beat Almagro, mainly because Alamgro's return game is so horrible on hard courts - even Steve Johnson caused him a ton of problems, and Janowicz's serve is much, much bigger. Problem though: JJ has some mean blisters on his right hand now, and he's easily distracted.

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia
    MagicDiceFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!

There's better plays out there than this one. Almagro has been playing solid but Janowicz has a lethal serve. If he catches one of those days with absolutely no wind, his serving can catch fire. I dont know if you recalled but during the Masters a few months ago, he had an insane tourney where he took out some of the best.

That was indoors but if the weather today forecasts a hot day with no wind, big servers like him can have one of those days.

Good luck though

brettels

Good insight guys, feeling good about almagro.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9290

Quote Originally Posted by HeeeHAWWWW View Post
    Pre-tournament I fancied Janowicz to make this round and beat Almagro, mainly because Alamgro's return game is so horrible on hard courts - even Steve Johnson caused him a ton of problems, and Janowicz's serve is much, much bigger. Problem though: JJ has some mean blisters on his right hand now, and he's easily distracted.
    Nice insight HH

brettels

Almagro wins the first set in a tie break !

brettels

Almagro wins the 2nd in another tie break

brettels

And almagro wins the 3rd set comfortably! Great win!

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

IMO Almagro is an under rated player on hard courts when it comes to Slams especially. He's not going to beat the big boys, but he's in the 4th round most years at the Aussie & US Open. I had him to the QFs in this draw. Tipsarevic is obviously not quite 100% and he's letting the mileage add up unnecessarily with these five setters. That's gonna be a banger of a match and I think if Almagro's serve continues like it has, he has every chance to win against Mr.T.