MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia
    MagicDiceFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!

Strong Play on DIMITROV over Baghdatis ........here's why:

We have an interesting matchup here today with a savvy veteran up against one of tennis' promising young stars. Baghdatis puts his strong 30-18 grass record on the line against Dimitrov's limited experience on grass. The linesmakers have adjusted this well and bettors continue to pound Baghdatis lowering the line from -185 to -160 currently. However, if you take a deeper look into the match, I believe the young Dimitrov will overpower Baggy today.

Make no mistake, Baghdatis loves the grass surface and has been quite successful with the 30-18 record. However, this record is a bit skewed as Baggy has been in terrible form recently. He looked terrible on grass recently against Darcis at Eastbourne and also got trumped by Rosol at the Queen's Club last month.

I've been monitoring Dimitrov's play quite closely the last few months. We scored a few big wins on him earlier this month at Queen's Club capping it off with a strong play on him vs Anderson. Here's why Dimitrov will be victorious today. He was matched up with Anderson yesterday and once again scored a victory against the solid big boom server. It's a very hefty task to be able to beat Anderson back to back. Along with Dimitrov's superb return game against big boom servers, he himself has upped his serve game. His serve has become a powerful weapon here on grass. Throughout a long grueling match, I dont believe Baghdatis can equal the task. Baggy may be able to return it for two sets but age will catch up to him. I believe the young Dimitrov will overpower him in the latter sets of this match.

------------------------------------------STRONG PLAY ON DIMITROV -160 -------------------------------------

Best of Luck!

alta
    alta's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10359

Good to see this. Hope you are correct!
    I threw a flyer out earlier and I took Dimitrov to close out two parlays.
    You see this as a possible 4 or 5 set match?
    Or has Dimitrov's game improved to a level for a straight set win?

VikesPhanatic84
    VikesPhanatic84's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4921

I am already on him. Let's get this!!

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia

Regarding physical talent, Dimitrov's form has looked very nice. He looked very much like a young Federer in his last match. Superb movement, excellent all around court game, strong net game, and a booming serve. He was like a mirror image of Federer in his last match.

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia

Dimitrov/Baghdatis will be a televised match right after Lucic/Bartoli. Poor Bartoli is about to lose in straight sets.

MakeItRain14
    MakeItRain14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

Thanks. Been waiting for July for u.. Gl to us both

ohumad
    ohumad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

Tailing this yo! Parlayed Lucic live at -188 with this.

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia

Quote Originally Posted by ohumad View Post
    Tailing this yo! Parlayed Lucic live at -188 with this.
    Nice play, #120 Lucic just beat Bartoli. HUGE UPSET .......-1000 at most places. Let's get ready to rumble.....our boy Dimitrov up next.

Sport_Fish
    Sport_Fish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2039

lol..dimitrov breaks and gets to 5-3 serving for set....gets broken to love and Baggy back on serve.

I think if Dmitrov can push each set to 6-4 7-5+, maybe tire out baghdatis and win this in a 4-5 setter

YorkHunt
    I JUST RELEASED
    YorkHunt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1507

Bags got this one!

BrianLaverty
    BrianLaverty's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dimitrov is obviously sick... Hopefully he can take something, and get his game together... Hes looked great last few weeks.

Sport_Fish

Think this ones over...maybe if dmitrov just retires might be the only way

Sport_Fish

Quote Originally Posted by Sport_Fish View Post
    Think this ones over...maybe if dmitrov just retires might be the only way
    lol he does just that the game after...retire.

Hope ur book doesnt count it as a loss

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia

Did Dimitrov get food poisoning or something? Dont know what the official word is yet. What a bummer.

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Quote Originally Posted by MagicDiceFlow View Post
    Did Dimitrov get food poisoning or something? Dont know what the official word is yet. What a bummer.
    Over at TI a few posters were wondering before the match about why the odds had bounced around on Dimitrov. One of our posters on here is a Mod over there and pinpointed that the drift occurred during his practice session and he was trying to get info on the reason for it but couldn't find out specifically what it was. Because of that I placed my bet at Sportingbet instead of Pinny even though I got a worse price. But I didn't want to risk losing because of Pinny's one set rule just in case whatever people saw with Dimi during that practice session was legit. I'm assuming he was sick and you could see that in the session but I guess we'll have to wait to see if he confirms anything. Crazy how forums can both help and hurt so much at times.

alta

Got lucky with that one.
    Had I placed Dimitrov on the ML, the one set completed rule at 5Dimes would have cost me.
    But I had Dimitrov -3, (considered a prop) so it was canceled when he retired.

alta

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

I will be interested to see what he says about it all. That's two Slams in a row where he's gone into some flakey stuff now. Remember the weirdness against Gasquet. Think perhaps the heat isn't something he deals with well either .... seems to always be something with this kid.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Flu is the claim.