ruy
    ruy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Tennis Robbery ?!

Here is the rule.
    One full set must be completed for Money Line wagers to stand. If less than 1 set is completed, all Money Line wagers will be considered void.
    This rule is illustrated like that :if Player 1 leads by 1 set and Player 2 retires in ( or before ) 2nd set Player 1 wins. ( the most obvious example which everyone will agree ) .
    But unfortunatley they havent predict ( i know they does but anyway )that there would be matches ( like a one today Del Potro - Davydenko ) that the result will be 1-1 and a player could retire before 3rd set starts.what than?
    Imagine Player 1 which is leading by 1 set suffers realy bad injury in 2nd set even if he is ahead in the result and he must retire, what than ? LOSE ! ( i believe this had happend in the past )This tiny rule is a pure robbery for me and its not fair .I dont know what costs them to put wagers void .it seems its very difficult for them when they preffer just to take the money.
    Last edited by ruy; 02-23-12 at 03:10 PM.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Every book I know that has a one set for action rule, always rules in favor of whomever advances. That's pretty standard in tennis betting.

dudekid
    the mon-fri fantasy guy
    dudekid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

yeah i also had Davydenko but i dont think its a robbery, he retired after a full set (2 actually) had been played

horja1
    Grrrrrr
    horja1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by dudekid View Post
    yeah i also had Davydenko but i dont think its a robbery, he retired after a full set (2 actually) had been played

ruy
    ruy's Avatar Become A Pro!

The thing is that rule says Davydenko would lost even if he retired in 2nd set

reformed
    reformed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 846

do they pay on an over that has already cashed if there is a 1st set retirement. For example an over 17 with a retirement at 5-5 in the 1st?

horja1
    Grrrrrr
    horja1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by reformed View Post
    do they pay on an over that has already cashed if there is a 1st set retirement. For example an over 17 with a retirement at 5-5 in the 1st?
    I think Bet365 does it ... and you would win the bet because the first set would have had at least 12 games (7-5 or 7-6) and second set at least 6 games (6-0) ---> a total of min 18 games ... ofc, an under 17 games bet would have been settled as lost while an o/u 19 games bet would have been settled as a push