caboman
    UNLV baby!!!
    caboman's Avatar Become A Pro!

Chela -120 over Russell?

So, Chela leads the H2H 1-0, though it was a few years ago. Chela is ranked 29th, Russell 97th. Everything here points to Chela. And he is basically even money.

I like him here a lot. Gonna pound it.

Thoughts?

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

How does everything point to Chela?

First of all, just throw out the ranking numbers. If you factor that anywhere into making a pick ... you're already in trouble for the most part. Chela rarely plays on hard courts any more. He's only played about ten matches on the surface over the last year and won about 30% of those. Russell is a grinder, a bulldog on the court. He's not going to overpower Chela, but he will make him work and with the conditions hot again today - match fitness could be large and that edge is Russell by far right now. Not suggesting Chela cannot or will not win, but the price is pretty accurate IMO and I actually like Russell here.

Yezzir
    Yezzir's Avatar Become A Pro!

Chela hasn't played much lately, and when he has he's been blown out. Russell has had some much needed playing time out there, getting accustomed. I think Russell is one of the better dog options tonight.

showtiime
    Update your status
    showtiime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5853

Chela? The guy who has lost first round here every year since 07? Russell is a mug but I'd even play him as a dog against this guy.

gators0708
    gators0708's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14372

Small play on Russell he"s a fighter, going to hit everything back and never stop! (A poor man"s Ferrer)

JNic
    JNic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 290

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    How does everything point to Chela?

First of all, just throw out the ranking numbers. If you factor that anywhere into making a pick ... you're already in trouble for the most part. Chela rarely plays on hard courts any more. He's only played about ten matches on the surface over the last year and won about 30% of those. Russell is a grinder, a bulldog on the court. He's not going to overpower Chela, but he will make him work and with the conditions hot again today - match fitness could be large and that edge is Russell by far right now. Not suggesting Chela cannot or will not win, but the price is pretty accurate IMO and I actually like Russell here.

Russell is the one who hit a wall and got tired against Fognini last week. He called the trainer cause his arm was sore.... Chela is one of those guys that could go all day, that's why I think Chela is the favorite. Russell is a much better hc player though, I think he will probably win but his fitness is sort of a question to everyone

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

Hopefully both bums retire from this match.

benrama
    benrama's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Quote Originally Posted by JNic View Post

Russell is the one who hit a wall and got tired against Fognini last week. He called the trainer cause his arm was sore.... Chela is one of those guys that could go all day, that's why I think Chela is the favorite. Russell is a much better hc player though, I think he will probably win but his fitness is sort of a question to everyone
    My thoughts too JNic, if match fitness is going to favour anyone it's Chela - otherwise I think Russell would be the favourite given his better form of late on hard courts.

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

How many set points did Russell blow in the first? Think it was 2 or 3.