Shari...

Let's talk...

-Can Harrison beat Baghdatis?

-What are Corbins odds at the moment?

Ace_of_Spades
    Golazo De Riverrrr!
    Ace_of_Spades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Shari has inside info on Tennis matches. The girl knows were to go for such info.

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

He has a chance Foldie but I'm not touching anyone in the first round. I'm going to wait to see how they pull up after travelling here, holidays, etc... I've been stung too many times in Brisbane and Auckland by these dingbats who show up looking like they ate a whole turkey at Xmas.

Ace_of_Spades
    Golazo De Riverrrr!

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    He has a chance Foldie but I'm not touching anyone in the first round. I'm going to wait to see how they pull up after travelling here, holidays, etc... I've been stung too many times in Brisbane and Auckland by these dingbats who show up looking like they ate a whole turkey at Xmas.
    I got stung 2 hr's ago on Tomic. Butt hole that Benny dude is. So should have won. Bernie look shitt for a second.

shari91

Quote Originally Posted by Ace_of_Spades View Post

I got stung 2 hr's ago on Tomic. Butt hole that Benny dude is. So should have won. Bernie look shitt for a second.
    Benneteau's hard to bet on. I was just looking at a few comments about that match. Someone said it looked like he was cramping. If I was smart I'd stay away from this week altogether but it's so hard with it on tv.

Ace_of_Spades
    Golazo De Riverrrr!

Shoulda stayed away from these warmups.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Rarely a good bet in any tennis tourney until qtrs and beyond

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9216

Benneteau's hard to bet on. I was just looking at a few comments about that match. Someone said it looked like he was cramping. If I was smart I'd stay away from this week altogether but it's so hard with it on tv.
    Tomic seemed mentally unsteady too to me.

1-4 for me first day out for 2012. I know I should wait like all you sensible types too. But just don't want to.

shari91

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post

Tomic seemed mentally unsteady too to me.

1-4 for me first day out for 2012. I know I should wait like all you sensible types too. But just don't want to.
    Yeah the first tournaments of the year are really hard. Especially in the qualies and the first round. Everyone handles jet lag differently; some just go into turtle mode during the holidays; some just show up this week for a cheque waiting for Sydney and of course the Aussie Open; some have been here for 3 weeks getting acclimated but you don't know until their post match conference because they keep it quiet online . Such a crapshoot. My advice is to keep your bets super small and just have fun... wait to see what kind of form they're bringing into next week. That way you can have an interest while watching on TV but won't go nutty if you happen to lose.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

oh did't realize there was tennis this morn.... damn

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

I just PM'ed BBR last night regarding the AP tennis matches. He said sit tight and wait till later on in the year....like a month or so from now. Plus he is on vacation with the $20K he inherited,

beerman2619
    beerman2619's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

Quote Originally Posted by iifold View Post
    Let's talk...

-Can Harrison beat Baghdatis?

-What are Corbins odds at the moment?

don't think she answered what are coaches odds do i hear wedding bells in the near future. And little coaches running around the house placing bets is all we want to know. What 2 to 1 maybe 3 to 1 odds this happening this year?

Boner_18
    Update your status
    Boner_18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1031

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    oh did't realize there was tennis this morn.... damn
    Get with the program jerk.

the scab man
    the scab man's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 138

Quote Originally Posted by Boner_18 View Post
    Get with the program jerk.

shari91

Quote Originally Posted by NYSportsGuy210 View Post
    I just PM'ed BBR last night regarding the AP tennis matches. He said sit tight and wait till later on in the year....like a month or so from now. Plus he is on vacation with the $20K he inherited,
    No. You should bet the Aussie Open - it's the first Slam of the year. Anyone who says otherwise doesn't know jack about tennis betting (and I don't think BBR would give that advice unless he's been betting tennis for like 2yrs). Slams = people try except for no names showing up for a cheque and you'll see them in the 1st round. Every other tourney of the year other than 500 and 1000's? Ok. But not Slams. GL

Blax0r
    Blax0r's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1512

No. You should bet the Aussie Open - it's the first Slam of the year. Anyone who says otherwise doesn't know jack about tennis betting (and I don't think BBR would give that advice unless he's been betting tennis for like 2yrs). Slams = people try except for no names showing up for a cheque and you'll see them in the 1st round. Every other tourney of the year other than 500 and 1000's? Ok. But not Slams. GL
    I don't know much about tennis betting; could you explain why Aussie Open is a must-bet event?

My reasoning against betting 2000-level events is that the odds will be sharper for high-profile events (like most other sporst).

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

Quote Originally Posted by Blax0r View Post
    I don't know much about tennis betting; could you explain why Aussie Open is a must-bet event? My reasoning against betting 2000-level events is that the odds will be sharper for high-profile events (like most other sporst).
    Because it's a slam. The best players in the world don't care about the 250s or 500s (and don't play many of those). If they even play those events, they won't put out even close to 100% effort to win. However, the grand slams are different. The top players in the world go all out to try and win. You can expect their best effort. The master series 1000s aren't bad, but still not as good as the grand slam events.

shari91

Quote Originally Posted by Blax0r View Post

I don't know much about tennis betting; could you explain why Aussie Open is a must-bet event?

My reasoning against betting 2000-level events is that the odds will be sharper for high-profile events (like most other sporst).
    The lines will sharpen as you get deeper into the tournament... players get closer in skill level, more people get interested because there's only 16 matches to watch a day as opposed to 64, etc... But they'll be soft at the beginning. Too many matches.

Anyone who is anyone shows up for a Slam - and ready to win a Slam (even if they have no hope in hell). It's like the Super Bowl of tennis but luckily we have a few a year because the season is so long. No one's messing around. They've travelled to the other side of the world, flown their families out, paid their coaches to come, paid for rental houses, etc... It's a big deal. Pegging off dogs and parlaying favourites in the first few rounds of a Slam is every tennis bettor's dream. After that? Good luck a bit. You've got Mr 3 against Mr 10 and who knows what will happen. But when you've got Mr 190348923489 against Mr 17 but you know Mr 17 is carrying an injury or sucks on the surface? Time to clean up!!

Blax0r
    Blax0r's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1512

The lines will sharpen as you get deeper into the tournament... players get closer in skill level, more people get interested because there's only 16 matches to watch a day as opposed to 64, etc... But they'll be soft at the beginning. Too many matches.

Anyone who is anyone shows up for a Slam - and ready to win a Slam (even if they have no hope in hell). It's like the Super Bowl of tennis but luckily we have a few a year because the season is so long. No one's messing around. They've travelled to the other side of the world, flown their families out, paid their coaches to come, paid for rental houses, etc... It's a big deal. Pegging off dogs and parlaying favourites in the first few rounds of a Slam is every tennis bettor's dream. After that? Good luck a bit. You've got Mr 3 against Mr 10 and who knows what will happen. But when you've got Mr 190348923489 against Mr 17 but you know Mr 17 is carrying an injury or sucks on the surface? Time to clean up!!
    Thanks MUHerd37 and Shari for the responses. I'll check out Shari's statement regarding early stages of Slam events; that's an interesting idea. From my backtesting, 2000-level events were money losers, but I'll take the round into consideration.

ApricotSinner32
    ApricotSinner32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

shari91

Quote Originally Posted by ApricotSinner32 View Post

Yeah pal because many of the dogs came through today? Or they come through in RD1's of Slams? GL with taking them... It doesn't happen very often and there are 15+ yrs of stats - with line movement for almost 10 of them - to support that. But again... GL.

ApricotSinner32

Yeah if you want to say you can win doing it fine... but like everything else it takes the brainwork put in like everything else.You're making it sound like you can just parlay every big fav and profit.

shari91

Quote Originally Posted by ApricotSinner32 View Post
    Yeah if you want to say you can win doing it fine... but like everything else it takes the brainwork put in like everything else.You're making it sound like you can just parlay every big fav and profit.
    Oh bloody hell, of course not. If that's how I made it sound, that's totally not what I meant and I'd hope that anyone who's seen me post 99% dog bets knows where I'm coming from. And I hate doing those parlays- I'm a dog bettor. Give me some scrub or undervalued player to cheer for and I'm much happier than just waiting for Mr -550 to win. First rounds in Aussie Land it doesn't happen so often though... especially not when they come to Melb... it's mainly favourites for at least the first round. Not my style of betting but if I can find a few decent ones to throw together I will. If I can find a dog, even better.

jjgold

Matchups probably in tennis mean more than any other sport
    Line movements also important but most people dont have access to books that carry tennis on a daily basis

Very few American can win at tennis

ApricotSinner32

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Matchups probably in tennis mean more than any other sport
    Line movements also important but most people dont have access to books that carry tennis on a daily basis

Very few American can win at tennis
    Eagerly anticipating your tennis plays on your sheet.

jjgold

I do not bet a lot of tennis although follow it DAILY

Casperwaits
    West Side Story
    Casperwaits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Happy New Year Shari

shari91

Quote Originally Posted by Casperwaits View Post
    Happy New Year Shari

Happy NY Casper! I hope 2012 is full of so many wonderful things for you. I truly do

brettels
    brettels's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16

Oh bloody hell, of course not. If that's how I made it sound, that's totally not what I meant and I'd hope that anyone who's seen me post 99% dog bets knows where I'm coming from. And I hate doing those parlays- I'm a dog bettor. Give me some scrub or undervalued player to cheer for and I'm much happier than just waiting for Mr -550 to win. First rounds in Aussie Land it doesn't happen so often though... especially not when they come to Melb... it's mainly favourites for at least the first round. Not my style of betting but if I can find a few decent ones to throw together I will. If I can find a dog, even better.
    speaking like a true aussie there shari!