jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

ATP Tennis Final Today: Does Fed Win??

ATP TENNIS MATCHUPS - Nov 27
    ** ATP - BARCLAYS ATP WORLD FINALS - (FINAL) **
    SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 27TH @ LONDON, ENGLAND
    (TWO FULL SETS MUST BE COMPLETED WITHOUT EITHER
    PLAYER RETIRING OR BEING DISQUALIFIED FOR ACTION)

Nov 274029ROGER FEDERER-380

12:30 PM 4030JO-WILFRIED TSONGA+280

sportstrader88
    sportstrader88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yes. He's in very good form. Tsonga can't beat him when he's on his game

jjgold

Fed won in 3 sets

He definitely is best player in world now

makman
    makman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 617

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Fed won in 3 sets

He definitely is best player in world now
    "best player" ???
    that is questionable
    i d say "the one in best form among the top players"
    I am sad that we didnt have Joker, Rafa and Murray in their good form.
    What a tourny it would be !!!
    Instead we watched the good ol' Fedex

jjgold

He passed Nadal

Look at them both play and Raffy has no chance anymore

gregm
    gregm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

This ATP schedule is just grueling and way too long and I knew Nole wasnt going to finish the year as strong after watching that davis cup match with Del Potro. I am happy for Federer for his end of the year but he is still 30 years old and he didnt win a grand slam this year.

Rafa is really the surprising story this year, I would never have guessed he would have a year like this, it should be interesting in Australia.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

He was the last man standing because he was the smartest with his scheduling. All the other top players should learn a thing or two from the Maestro about that. Skipping tournaments is a must during that long ass season. That's why Djokovic broke down and will again next year if he tries to defend every tournament he won .. IMO. Rafa has learned some on this aspect, but I suspect still doesn't get enough rest throughout the year - especially when he picks up an injury. Guys have to say fukk rankings. Look at DelPo. He was out for almost a year and rebuilt his ranking rather quickly. You don't have to play every week to keep your ranking up and it's all about Slams at the end of the day.
    Points Awarded:

wikkidinsane gave EaglesPhan36 5 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: wikkidinsane

jjgold

I watch tennis more than most here

Nadal has nothing on the ball anymore, he cannot put away winners from baseline like he use to

His serve is horrific

Joker could be banged up, fluke year

Fed in perfect position to have a great year along with Murray

tevari
    purveyor of fuzzy green balls
    tevari's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 542

Nadal is far from done. He may be a step slower, but nothing more. I expect him to have a pretty good start to 2012.

jjgold

Quote Originally Posted by tevari View Post
    Nadal is far from done. He may be a step slower, but nothing more. I expect him to have a pretty good start to 2012.
    He is not done but this past year was his shot
    He ran into a monster and Joker killed him physically and mentally

It is already showing, he also does win a lot of matches but struggles more than ever

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nadal will be fine with adequate rest. The foot injury he sustained at Wimbledon really screwed with his season, but the guy still shows up at Slams. I think he's probably already realizing at his age that if he's going to continue to be in the mix at all the Slams, his schedule has to be scaled back some. I think where it needs to start for him is not trying to play too many clay court tournaments. His 2010 and 2011 weren't very different other than losing to Djokovic in a number of finals where he may have won them the year prior or not faced him. Nadal's game is the same as it's ever been. He made the point in 2010 specifically for the US Open to hammer his serve harder so he could get that win and complete the career slam. Otherwise, he's going to continue to serve smaller and believe that he can outwork and outwill most of the guys on tour.

2012 is a huge year for the future of the men's game. I don't think anyone expects Djokovic to come close to repeating last year's run, but the question will be if he's going to hang onto the #1 spot for a while or not. The Federer story line will be the same. Age. Nadal. Injuries. Murray. Failed expectations. I am looking for Del Potro to make a big run at the Top Four if he starts the year healthy. He did a good job rebuilding his ranking with a solid, but not spectacular year. If he starts fast at the Australian Open and make a deep run there, I think he's going to finish top 5 in 2012. Big years for Tsonga and Berdych too ... can they consistently get it done or are they going to continue their hit and miss acts?

jjgold

Tsonga is erratic but getting better
    Berdych is a chocker with no heart
    Del Potro is dangerous
    Murray is Murray
    Fed is in a great position to take over #1

Nadal cannot out hit guys like he use to, his balls have too much topspin and they are not low enough so players hammering ball back at him, also his service games are not automatic like some other top players, you need easy service games to win big time

Joker average year coming..played over his head not human

EmpireMaker
    EmpireMaker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 537

Murray will never be top 3 EVER !!!!

baskets
    Poster of the Month Twice a Month
    baskets's Avatar Become A Pro!

Don't think you're taking an objective approach:

1. Rafa 3 grand slam finals
    2. Djokovic 3 grand slam finals
    3. Federer 1 grand slam final and lost in the GS semis twice to Djokovic. Fed should have won 2 of those matches against Djokovic.

Expect much of the same next year. Although feel it will be more open than in the past. Tomic, Dolgopolov, and others might find their way into a GS semi. Roddick will fall to the Challenger tour, then drop out of that and become a towel boy in some Ft. Lauderdale tennis club.

makman
    makman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 617

I watch tennis more than most here

Nadal has nothing on the ball anymore, he cannot put away winners from baseline like he use to

His serve is horrific

Joker could be banged up, fluke year

Fed in perfect position to have a great year along with Murray
    I see your point, i probably had not watched as much as you did, but from what i watched, i had seen this;

Federer is playing almost always the same level, i agree he is the most stable but his level is not so exciting and not so high for the way i like to see top men tennis play.
    Always same level..... when he was playing against Tsonga in London..... against Tsonga when he lost from 2-0 in wimbledon....against Joker in RG semis....losing to Nadal in RG final (Nadal defends much better than Joker)...losing to Joker in US semi.... Always the same Fedex

Joker was the best this year, and gave me a real taste of top tennis play. Very high level ..Yes he didnt finish the season standing still as the Federer did, but what is it? a war ? the best is the one who stands still in the end????
    After this year's plays, what is left in my memory, how Federer lost to Tsonga from 2-0 in Wimbledon, how he lost to Joker from 2-0 in US(when he was up 5-3 and had two match points when he was serving) how he ended Jokers winning streak in RG (that match was a bit weird) and killed the chance of all tennis fans watching another exciting clay court final between Nadal and Joker.

Tsonga is erratic but getting better
    Berdych is a chocker with no heart
    Del Potro is dangerous
    Murray is Murray
    Fed is in a great position to take over #1

Nadal cannot out hit guys like he use to, his balls have too much topspin and they are not low enough so players hammering ball back at him, also his service games are not automatic like some other top players, you need easy service games to win big time

Joker average year coming..played over his head not human
    to take #1, Fedex needs injury of the other top 3 players
    Last edited by makman; 11-29-11 at 01:30 PM.

paulnixon
    paulnixon's Avatar Become A Pro!

No, i don't think that ROGER FEDERAR is win the final, there is no doubt that he is the best player in the whole world ion today's modern time. He is the icon for the new tennis player who wants to build a carrer in the tennis.In teh present time theh form of the roger is not at its best.