Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

At 30 years old, Federer might be moving into another era of DOMINATION

Honestly. Lets look at this.

Federer is playing the best tennis of his life right now because of the way he's figured out to play on slow surfaces. He is much better now on the slow courts.

Nadal is losing his edge a little. Nadal is unstoppable when healthy but he's not beating federer on hard surfaces this next year in majors I don't think.

Djokovic? What can I say about this clown. He will get put in his place sooner or later. Yeah he has what 4 majors now? I don't see him hitting double digit majors. He will win about 8 majors total.

Other guys like Tsonga are stepping onto the scene. I think he could win one next year.

Murray? WHen is this guy going to win his first title? It's going to be when everyone least expects it. He doesn't handle pressure well.

Federer is going to go into this Australian so fresh and full of confidence. I see this guy making an absolute epic run in the next 2 years, winning 3/8 majors

gators0708
    gators0708's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14372

This is a BOLD prediction, but I can see Monfils maybe winning a slam this yr.. He has too much talent not to!

ha1ogen
    ha1ogen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2797

fed was in the same situation last when he won the world tour finals and everyone was saying he was back on top and look what happened...

freshguy222
    freshguy222's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8359

if nadal finds a way to figure out how to beat djokovic (firstly he cannot keep that form forever and secondly nadal always improves) he will gain back a lot of confidence and will beat federer again as well but for the australian open at least i see federer as the favourite as well.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by ha1ogen View Post
    fed was in the same situation last when he won the world tour finals and everyone was saying he was back on top and look what happened...
    What happened? He got to the french finals and two semi's if I remember right? (one of them was a fluke win by djokovic which should have never happened).

anyway its more about the other players. Fed is staying the same while Novak and Nadal are regressing

noober
    noober's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5901

federer playing his best tennis now??? U cannot be serious. Watch some of his matches in 2005 and 2006

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by noober View Post
    federer playing his best tennis now??? U cannot be serious. Watch some of his matches in 2005 and 2006
    couldn't play on clay

noober
    noober's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5901

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    couldn't play on clay
    Yet he went to the final almost every time.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by noober View Post
    Yet he went to the final almost every time.
    mostly dominated by nadal. nadal got worse on clay and fed got a better. we'll see what happens this upcoming year.

ringemup
    ringemup's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3171

feds a beast.

gators0708
    gators0708's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14372

After watching Nadal play Davis Cup on clay, he"s still the king!

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by gators0708 View Post
    This is a BOLD prediction, but I can see Monfils maybe winning a slam this yr.. He has too much talent not to!

If that dipshit wins a Slam, the world will implode. Monfils isn't consistent enough to win seven matches in a best of five format.

As for Federer, I'm not going to read too much into him until we see him in Australia. The end of the season, all the other big boys were worn out and Fed won the war of attrition in the last two tournaments due to a great job scheduling himself. Federer needs to make the final in Melbourne to be relevant to start the season. At worst, he needs to make the semis to show he's going to be a factor at Slams still. Draw will obviously be key.

Goat Milk

If the draw is good for Roddick

Those odds on him to win the australian are insane

Roddick will be a new player at the start of the year

tenbas
    tenbas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3855

I would not diss Novak so hard, he is far from being a clown.
    And as a lifetime fan of Fed, I would like to believe that he is playing the best tennis of his life and I sincerely hope that your predictions come true.
    But I am being a bit sceptic because if you were looking at the games last 2, maybe 3 years... it is not the same. There is hope, maybe with nice schedule work - as mentioned.

Will be interesting trading season for sure.

kisado
    kisado's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 38

Federer is playing better than he has in quite some time but let's not start sucking his dlck just yet. He won the year end Tournament but let's be real, Novak and Murray were virtual no-shows and Nadal was playing like a scrub. He did spank Rafa pretty hard, which is commendable, but the surface favored Fed and they were just on opposite ends of the form, fitness, desire, biorhythm spectrum at that particular juncture in time. Tsonga tested Federer as he usually does but the Swiss prevailed. It's not like he won a Grand Slam so how in the world could anyone in their right mind say he is playing the best tennis of his life?! Makes no sense AT ALL. He was playing the best tennis when he was winning 3 Slams a year!

Goat Milk

all good points

but when federer was winning 3 slams a year he was lucky. rafa was a kid and novak wasn't even on tour. he got lucky being in the era after samprus and before rafa otherwise would never have all those slams.

once nadal came onto the scene we started to see big flaws in federer's game. anyway this guy no way can stay healthy for 1 full year. he can win 1 slam at most next year. the days of rafa domination are over.

novak of course is a threat