Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9255

Early World Tour Finals Leans

Is everyone with me on this???

BrianLaverty
    BrianLaverty's Avatar Become A Pro!

Murray is playing the best tennis of his career right now... look at his record since august....somethin like 27-1.... I think he might make a run at it....

tevari
    purveyor of fuzzy green balls
    tevari's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 542

here's my take, with an extra emphasis of NO on berdshyt

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/845/asdfajd.jpg

Optional

Right now Murray has a niggling hamstring issue and potentially 3 tough matches between now and then. That, on top of me never having confidence in him playing under the UK media spotlight, is what leads me to rule him out right now.

Should he come through Paris looking fit, I'd probably re-assess that. But still to no better than a ? personally.

tevari
    purveyor of fuzzy green balls
    tevari's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 542

The fact that it IS in London makes me think Murray will have a little extra motivation, plus he's had a stellar last 2 months. Don't trust anyone besides Fed, when it comes down to it though.

Optional

Yeah Fed looks most likely so far for me too.

Whoever can stand the 6 or 7 tough matches needed from here stands a chance I think. As at least half of them seem a bit tennis weary for the task to me.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

A lot of it depends on the draw. I would say from a simple health standpoint, Federer and Ferrer are the only ones we know for certain are close to 100%. Honestly as usual, I think the Big Four are the ones to watch. Ferrer shrunk on this stage last year and I don't see anything that's changed for him in a year. Same with Berdych. I think Tsonga could be the wildcard, but he's as likely to go 0-3 in his group as he is to go 2-1 no matter the competition.

BrianLaverty
    BrianLaverty's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think the winner is gonna be one of the following: fed, tsonga, murray.

Djokovic looks warn out and hurt. He's had an amazing year but he won't win it.

Nadal is hurt.... and really hasn't played much at all recently. It's too much to ask for him to go from nothing to these matches.

Ferrer might be playing very good right now and def has the heart.. but just can't see him coming up big in a spot like this.

Berdych? Uhhh...no way

Fish? Great year but I think its catching up to him....hamstring looked bad today.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by tevari View Post
    here's my take, with an extra emphasis of NO on berdshyt

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/845/asdfajd.jpg
    I reckon half this tennis forum would die of shock if Berdych ever pulled off a Joker'11 type year.