Synapse
    Synapse's Avatar Become A Pro!

building a parlay / New to tennis

Last nights parlay was busted with Jankovic -950! Oh well.

I'm looking at another 2 or 3 match parlay tonight and would appreciate your advice!

I'm looking at:

Ferrer
    Berdych
    Wozniacki
    Schiavone
    Peng
    Zvonoreva
    Garrigues
    Petkovic

I have been getting into tennis lately and am starting to learn from mainly this site! What I am struggling with is picking the big favorites with the highest likelihood of loosing. Surface, injury history, match -up history and so on are things that will come in time.

Can you please give me your best play or two and why?

I appreciate your help.

koscheckbaby
    Briscoe and Logan Baby!!!
    koscheckbaby's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 550

You got to be leery of these events prior to a Grand Slam, since good players notoriously lose in these events since they want to be fresh for the more important event.

With women's players, upsets seem much more likely too, since even the best ladies players can play terrible at a given moment. Wozniacki is usually consistant though, so she's usually a safe bet if she's not playing another top ranked player.

Since Ferrer won an event prior to the Australian Open this year and carried it over to the Grand Slam, I don't see him losing this event, unless he gets outplayed by another top clay courter like Berdych or Almagro. I'd say he's safe tomorrow, but I don't like the odds.

Odds wise, I'd say Wozniacki and Petkovic are the plays I'd make. Keep in mind, I'm fairly new to understanding the women players. But I watched Kirilenko play her ass off and still lose the first set to Petkovic recently. That can't be a good sign. Also, Wozniacki is not the type to rest or have letdowns. She has 2 clay court wins over Wickmayer, including one last week. I guess the line is a little lower this week, since it's Wickmayer's home country. But when Wozniacki losses, it's generally to the eventual tournament winner, a top level player, or a player in awesome form. I don't think Wickmayer fits the bill

ghn999
    ghn999's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ferrer and Berdych should make it though to the next round. Good luck though.

ha1ogen
    ha1ogen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2797

all of them made it through lol, i had petko/ferrer/almagro/garrigues

Synapse
    Synapse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good stuff so far! I appreciate everyone's help educating me on tennis. I never would have thought about good players throwing in the towel the week prior a big event! I am a follower of golf and it is quite opposite where players try to fine tune before a major.

I can get Wozniacki, Ferrer, Petkovic and Berdych paying about 1.45 to 1.

I will monitor this thread and see if any additional input comes in for tonight matches.

Again, thank you!

BrianLaverty
    BrianLaverty's Avatar Become A Pro!

Playing dogs in these kind of tournaments is alot easier then parlaying favorites.

Why depend on 4 to 5 big favorites to win just to get even money... when there are plenty of oppurtunities to get 3 or 4 to 1 on one player? Instead of looking at what favoriteS should win... try to find one dog that CAN win.

koscheckbaby
    Briscoe and Logan Baby!!!
    koscheckbaby's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 550

In my opinion, any odds over -300, you got to be completely certain of the winner, meaning one player is significantly better than the other or the opponent doesn't have enormous upside. I liked Ferrer to win today, but the odds were too heavy given Dolgo's upside. Hope you didn't take Ferrer in any play you made today.

Gaskan
    I know nothing!!!
    Gaskan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

anything over -300 doesnt really add any value to a parlay either, relative to the risk that is involved.