EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Andrea Collarini: Sarasota Challenger

Watch this kid today, he's an interesting case. He's American born, but Argentine raised. Saw him play Juniors at the US Open last year. He's a lefty who made the French Open Juniors Final in 2010 and crafted his game on clay first. That's different for most "American" players who avoid clay until they absolutely have to play on it. I've read many articles that believe this is why guys like Isner, Querrey, Young, etc. have never become the "it" guy from the US. That you learn on clay first and then translate that game to other surfaces. So I am interested to see how this kid does today. He likens his forehand to Rafa Nadal and it does have some of that twisting, spin quality to it from what I remember seeing - although obviously at 19, Collarini has a way to go before being even 1% comparable to Nadal.

Still, he draws a young Canadian today on a hard surface. I'm going to play him at -110 and see if this kid is what I think he is. This is a 50-50 match, so it's not like there's a big lean on why I think the kid could win today. Do what you will with the info and thoughts. Match is at 11am ET.

Scoreboard for anyone who cares:

http://www.protennislive.com/framese...pworldtour.com

EaglesPhan36

Looking pretty poor so far. Nothing happening with his serve, lost 6-2 in the 1st set.

EaglesPhan36

Good fight from the young 'un, but he goes down in the 3rd. 2-6, 7-6, 4-6. If he can develop a steadier serve, he may have some all-court game eventually.