Originally posted on 06/12/2014:

Quote Originally Posted by GuybrushT View Post
If there were some official statement from ASIC, I would be more calm. We don't know how seriously the investigation is taken, how long will take, if there is some hope from us...nothing. No news from months.
ASIC won't give an official statement - if ever - on this case until it's over with. That's not how they work. The only reason we know at all that they're investigating this is because myself and a few other people in this thread are in contact with them. They're not stupid like I was - or even the Gambling Commission - and made comments that gave Peter and Graeme the heads up about what I was going to do. There is a lot of $ involved here... much more than what's been listed in this thread because I haven't been able to get access to their Asian non-English speaking clients. ASIC is doing what they do and they do it quietly but you guys need to remember I only first visited their offices on Feb 7th. It seems like an eternity to those owed money from say September but we might have another year of this for all I know. It's not the case where someone can just show up at Peter and Graeme's houses and demand the $1.5 million owed in this thread, they'll go to the bank and withdraw the cash. So while one person might be concerned about their $300 or $10k, it's all or nothing and you're all in it together. The trickle payments of a little here and a little there are gone. Whether something will come out of this eventually, who knows, but you have people at least trying on your behalf.

On the same note, I notice that no one who is actually owed cash bothered to pay for the documents I mentioned in my last post in here so maybe think long and hard about how much you all actually want your cash back and whether or not this is just a bitch/panic thread or a I'm going to try to get my money back thread. If you're willing to just hand over the whole thing to me and the others trying to help you then so be it... when we have an update we'll tell you. But if you want to keep questioning what's going on, maybe spend the $ now yourselves to get an idea instead of relying on me and others to keep spending our money to do it for you.

As for how to prove you're owed cash, if by some chance they're stupid enough to destroy their master records, I was told that a statutory declaration by each client will be used in that case.