Originally posted on 04/22/2014:

Just sent this to the Chair of Australian Consumer Law.

Hello, Although I am a bit late in asking this question I wonder if you can answer it anyway? I notice on your website that March 2nd was Cleanup Australia Day and would like to ask if anything was done in cleaning up the betting industry, namely Peter Lord and Graeme White regarding Canbet. The amount owing to their worldwide members must be in excess of 3,000,000 Australian dollars....yes THREE MILLION....by now and probably rising by the day.

Snippet from the...please try not to laugh...UK Gambling Commission:

Following a gradual build up of enquiries, we first made contact with Canbet regarding their position at the end of October, 2013. Since then we have kept in close touch with the company whilst they try to resolve matters. In November we were assured by Canbet, and by their legal advisor, that they were working to rectify the issues. We also received ASSURANCES from the Group Auditor who confirmed that the iGAS group, of which Canbet is part, HAD ASSETS TO MORE THAN MEET THEIR LIABILITIES. In January, we received some FURTHER ASSURANCES about Canbet’s financial circumstances, including a further report from the company’s Group Auditor, dated 24 January 2014. At this point Canbet’s Directors were seeking to gain additional capital from their parent company. This has not been realised and we understand that Canbet are now looking to sell assets within the company to raise the cash needed to PAY THEIR CREDITORS.

Yours "feeling robbed" sincerely