ymftb
    ymftb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Pinnacle Account Suspended

Hi guys, I recently had my account suspended

I had created an Pinny account using my own DC to withdraw money. However, I had used my mother's CC to deposit money into Pinnacle. When the name's did not match up, I told them what had happened. They did not reply to my email but instead suspended my account.

Is there anything I can do to get my money out of the account? They have very few options for withdrawl, and using my own INsta debit account is really the only way I would be able to do so. I also requested a cheque (which is unlikely).

I was not aware that it is frowned upon to use someone else's CC. Bodog lets me do it all the time.

Stallion
    Update your status
    Stallion's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16714

When you deposit money the names must match on the Account and the CC. I would E-mail them again and explain what your situation is. I use Moneybookers to withdraw money from my Pinnacle account, and they pay really fast.

jackkkk2009
    jackkkk2009's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3882

Moneybookers is the best method for deposits/withdrawals at Pinny nowadays..

ehp6737
    ehp6737's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 32

More than likely you're fukked. Depositing with a cc other than your own is the fastest way to get shut down. Books absolutely hate this and it is any easy way for them to deny you any winnings you may have had from the deposit.

Boxing Champ
    Boxing Champ's Avatar Become A Pro!

Can you open an account if you live in US?

Is there a way around it?

ymftb

I live in Canada so I was able to open an account.

They asked me to send my id and proof of residence, which I did. Other than that, they won't answer any questions. The thing is that I have deposited more than once, but never attempted to withdraw until today. I think they'll end up giving back the deposit but not the winnings...

Bobby D
    Bobby D's Avatar Become A Pro!

You will have to fax over every sensative doucument you have now along with a blood sample and maybe they will re-open the account

another example of why you should only use CASH when dealing with these places..They think everybody is out to scam them

ymftb

I agree Bobby D. I'll be depositing cash into 5Dimes, I'm done with pinny.

I have no idea whether they'll give me my winnings as well or just my deposit.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

You are screwed. You used someone elses CC. How are they suppose to know that you did not steal the card? That was a very dumb thing to do.

Counterfeit Cash
    Bets the under 95% of the time...
    Counterfeit Cash's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 277

Why would you use your mom's card anyway? Lol, that's kinda weird in itself.

bigugly
    bigugly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 298

Kids: Don't steal your mother's CC!!

TheBeautifulGame
    Y.N.W.A.
    TheBeautifulGame's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1102

They'll most likely refund the deposits back to the card. I hate to agree with books against a player but when dealing with a company, be it to buy a tv or make a deposit on a gambling site, common company practice is that the customers CC details must match the details provided by the customer.

Best of luck though, I hope you get your winnings.

meckis
    meckis's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8137

It was very stupid thing to do, probably you will get deposit back.

nenad
    nenad's Avatar Become A Pro!

not allowed under 18 years old

begalvis
    begalvis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 622

wow, if you use mothers card, why not register in your mothers name... I didnt say that, i only thinking loud...

austin
    austin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 28

really not smart. this mistake cost you a pinnacle account for sure.

Boxing Champ
    Boxing Champ's Avatar Become A Pro!

You guys are such HIPPOCRATES. You all need to stop judging this guy...and
    give him some good advice instead.!!

ymftb...why don't you try telling them that she is your wife, maybe that will work.

Lincoln73
    Lincoln73's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

We hippocrates probably need to stop judging this guy, we should be judging people who think hippocrates is a word.

austin
    austin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 28

well there is no way to prove whether you made a genuine mistake or tried to pull a cc scam. regardless, pinnacle do not tolerate this kind of nonsense, i.e. you lost your account

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9233

Seems unreasonable to deny his winnings on this basis to me.

Surely they should not take deposits from a card that doesn't match in the first place. But if they do, they should have no right to deny winnings. They should simply pay back the winnings to the card they are sus of if they want to be all gung ho about protecting the other card holder.

Then fix their own defective system.

ymftb

Guys, I'm not worried so much about the winnings as long as I get at my deposit back. Its only about a week's worth of bets.

I used my mother's CC because I do not have my own lol. In hindsight, I should've used my debit.

I'll update later on today when Pinny emails me back.

hanziman
    hanziman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1659

What's more interesting is how your mom reacted to seeing a gambling site on her cc statement? or did you tell her and she was okay with her son gambling online?

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20537

Quote Originally Posted by Boxing Champ View Post
    You guys are such HIPPOCRATES. You all need to stop judging this guy...and
    give him some good advice instead.!!

ymftb...why don't you try telling them that she is your wife, maybe that will work.
    compounding the problem by telling lies ... now that's real good advice

jairocon
    jairocon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 260

Gosh - this was pretty stupid. All the books have laws against money laundering - and using a cc of someone else is a big no no. I am sorry but you have absolutely no sympathy for your situation from me.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9233

Quote Originally Posted by ymftb View Post
    Guys, I'm not worried so much about the winnings
    Ding Ding Ding... scammer gives himself up.

Sorry, no honest person would say that.

Anything but have them send the money to mummy's card eh? Can't have her noticing what you have done?

ymftb

Here's an update guys

Pinny emailed me saying I would get the deposits refunded, and then later said I would only get back what was on my account. The pending bets were cancelled so the amount is significantly less than I expected. The deposits were more than what is in the account now, which is why I would rather have my deposits refunded.

Is there anything I can do to get the deposits refunded instead? Isn't it a normal procedure in this situation to refund instead of paying out the account?

Ibrakadabra
    Ibrakadabra's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 265

Why would you get the deposit rather than your actual balance?

ymftb

Case closed guys, I got my $ and I'm moving to 5Dimes....straight cash homie

Hareeba!

And presumably you'll never be able to play at Pinnacle again?

If so, and if you prove to be any good at this game, you have probably cost yourself a whole lot of $$$$$ through your carelessness.

jackkkk2009
    jackkkk2009's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3882

Quote Originally Posted by begalvis View Post
    wow, if you use mothers card, why not register in your mothers name... I didnt say that, i only thinking loud...
    Agree with your sentence..

TheBeautifulGame
    Y.N.W.A.
    TheBeautifulGame's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1102

Quote Originally Posted by Hareeba! View Post
    And presumably you'll never be able to play at Pinnacle again?

If so, and if you prove to be any good at this game, you have probably cost yourself a whole lot of $$$$$ through your carelessness.
    Yep, I love Pinnacle. An absolute must for soccer betting imo.

They don't give bonuses but who wants one with their odds. As they say and they are right, their odds offered are better than any bonuses, anyone that cannot see that is a mug.

Santo
    Santo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

They used to give a bonus when you opened the account, not sure if they still do, but it was very useful back in the day so I always told people to be sure to maximise it..

OMGRandyJackson
    OMGRandyJackson's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4054

How did you even deposit by CC and not be required to upload ID? When I depo'd by CC I had to provide my ID..

I like how you act like this is Pinnacle's fault. Pinnacle is a legit operation that has their rules clearly posted and explained and provide great email support to clarify. You broke their rules through your stupidity and they have every right to not pay you.

ymftb

When I created the account, it was under her name along with her id. When I tried to withdraw, I used my own name and id.
    Pinny does not offer bonuses.
    Pinny did have great odds, but I doubt I will miss it. The site was frequently down, no live chat, etc.
    I did not know that the whole id thing was frowned upon as Bodog never asked for id or cared to notice the name on the account was different than that on the CC. I will not be using pinny in the future.

On to 5Dimes...

Hareeba!

When I created the account, it was under her name along with her id. When I tried to withdraw, I used my own name and id.
    Pinny does not offer bonuses.
    Pinny did have great odds, but I doubt I will miss it. The site was frequently down, no live chat, etc.
    I did not know that the whole id thing was frowned upon as Bodog never asked for id or cared to notice the name on the account was different than that on the CC. I will not be using pinny in the future.

On to 5Dimes...
    obviously you have no idea what you are going to be missing
    why on earth would you mess with 5D when you can use Matchbook and Betfair

12 Last