nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

compare betfair vs Pinnacle

Few questions..pro's and cons of each....do either of these books toss you if you win longterm.

Metalspined
    Metalspined's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 44

Got no experience with BetFair...but Pinnacle is as solid as they come. I am a long time user of Pinnacle, and has had no problems with them what so ever. The most trouble free online book I have ever used in fact...

David
    David's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13480

Neither will kick you out if you win longterm.

barcelonafc
    barcelonafc's Avatar Become A Pro!

both very good, if you win long term(a certain amount) at betfair you pay a premium tax, if your trading on betfair have say betdaq open too as betfairs site is bad for going down during big matches.

fortunes on betfair.

i prefer pinny myself

kostasgr
    kostasgr's Avatar Become A Pro!

Betfair is something different,you cannot compare them with pinny.

thespeculator
    thespeculator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13168

with pinnacle you know the max bet is always going to be available, where as at exchange if you bet really big it might not get matched, although betfair has so many players, that might not be a problem

korbal29
    korbal29's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 65

is betfair as fast with large payouts as pinnacle is

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20549

I use both extensively
    They are the only two books which deserve A+
    Both pay up very promptly
    Betfair is an exchange so will never limit you.
    I've heard that Pinnacle, like all bookmakers, will limit but it seems you probably need to be a whale to attract that sort of treatment from them.
    Pinnacle offers overall the best odds of any bookmaker on most major sports. But SBO and 188Bet do challenge them strongly on soccer and offer a wider coverage.
    For US sports you'll find that Pinnacle will nearly always beat Betfair.
    Betfair is far and away the best live betting site on the planet.
    Betfair offers a far greater variety of sports and racing than does Pinnacle but on the lesser events you may struggle to get the liquidity depending on how much you want to stake.
    As an exchange, you also get the opportunity at Betfair to lay (fade) and to put up offers for bets if you have time to monitor that until the event starts.
    There is a lot of misinformation posted on this site about Betfair's commission structure. Far too much scaremondering about their "premium charge" which (contrary to what has been posted in this thread) affects only a very small number of traders who through their trading style manage to pay only a low commission rate (nothing to do with actual amount won). It can be managed so that one doesn't get hit with it but for 99% of players it will never be an issue at all. More importantly you pay commission only on winning bets, starting at 5% but depending on your turnover and regularity that can be reduced to as low as 2%. I pay < 3%.

Ibrakadabra
    Ibrakadabra's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 265

Quote Originally Posted by Hareeba! View Post
    I use both extensively
    They are the only two books which deserve A+
    Both pay up very promptly
    Betfair is an exchange so will never limit you.
    I've heard that Pinnacle, like all bookmakers, will limit but it seems you probably need to be a whale to attract that sort of treatment from them.
    Pinnacle offers overall the best odds of any bookmaker on most major sports. But SBO and 188Bet do challenge them strongly on soccer and offer a wider coverage.
    For US sports you'll find that Pinnacle will nearly always beat Betfair.
    Betfair is far and away the best live betting site on the planet.
    Betfair offers a far greater variety of sports and racing than does Pinnacle but on the lesser events you may struggle to get the liquidity depending on how much you want to stake.
    As an exchange, you also get the opportunity at Betfair to lay (fade) and to put up offers for bets if you have time to monitor that until the event starts.
    There is a lot of misinformation posted on this site about Betfair's commission structure. Far too much scaremondering about their "premium charge" which (contrary to what has been posted in this thread) affects only a very small number of traders who through their trading style manage to pay only a low commission rate (nothing to do with actual amount won). It can be managed so that one doesn't get hit with it but for 99% of players it will never be an issue at all. More importantly you pay commission only on winning bets, starting at 5% but depending on your turnover and regularity that can be reduced to as low as 2%. I pay < 3%.
    Well, that´s probably as spot on as a description gets, very well done!

I just want to add that I´m also incredibly tired of hearing these never ending complaints about the premium charge. If you´re a normal bettor (not trading or using bots to take surebets) and have to pay it there´s no need to complain because you´re likely making a fortune over time anyway.

nyplayer33

Awesome feedback

batigol
    batigol's Avatar Become A Pro!

Pinny is professional bookie, and that tells you all about it. ! There are not many professional bookie in the world, maybe 3 or 4.

althelegend
    althelegend's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17312

goblue12
    goblue12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 453

Two sharpest lines in the biz.

You can't beat them unless you got some serious talent.

Better to just use their uber-efficient odds as a baseline for prices.

meckis
    meckis's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8149

Good post by Hareeba!, it is two sharpest lines, no one will limit you bet betfair can raise commission to premium charge but I really think it touches very small number of players

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy
    JOHON8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 338

They are different, at Betfair you don't bet against the book, you bet against other people. The book just gets commission off of your winnings.

Pinny is good as well, IMO the best American book out there.

nyplayer33

great great feedback.

roninchow
    roninchow's Avatar Become A Pro!

My experience. Best sites in the world. Pinnacle more fast payout.

You bet favourite you choose Pinnacle. You bet dog you choose Betfair. In live Betfair.

Scorpion
    Update your status
    Scorpion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15377

Quote Originally Posted by JOHON8 View Post
    Pinny is good as well, IMO the best American book out there.
    Americans cant play at Pinnacle

Stefan
    Stefan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 109164

Quote Originally Posted by korbal29 View Post
    is betfair as fast with large payouts as pinnacle is
    With Moneybookers withdrawals take something between 12 and 24 hours at Betfair. Withrawals at Pinnacle take a few minutes or for big amounts about 3 hours, but you only have one free withdrawal every calendar month at Pinnacle.

Mistongo
    4/6 pick 6 expert
    Mistongo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

I prefer betfair you can deposit and withdraw for free many times a month no problem.
    I only bet/scalp on horse racing and the prices are obv great in most cases.

FourLengthsClear
    King of the Idiots
    FourLengthsClear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 508

As a trader I, of course, lean towards Betfair but both are must haves.

Looking at the choice of books available to (most) or our American brethren, I am just thankful I am not in their shoes.