streetsjp8
    streetsjp8's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bookmaker selling your personal information???

I've been receiving several calls this week from this phone number

xxx-xxx-xxxx

If you google it you'll see many people have also been called by this number and the ID traces it back to a phone number in Florida, apparently owned by bookmaker.com

When I called customer service they denied everything

It's ridiculous that this book is Rated "A+" when it does stuff likes this
    Last edited by bigboydan; 08-27-08 at 02:04 PM. Reason: edited out the phone #

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

It's that time of year for cold calling for every book out there sir, so I can say I'm surprised at all.

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 90326

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan View Post
    It's that time of year for cold calling for every book out there sir, so I can say I'm surprised at all.
    Its normal to see if players are going to send money to play the football season. Its not like they are calling every couple of months like some other books.

I received a call from a USA number affiliated with you wager, when I called You wager they admitted that was their number and want to make sure I got in on time for the bonus for football.
    I see no Problem with it.

You don't want them to call ever just tell them.

dwaechte
    dwaechte's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 235

Wait, are you saying they're calling trying to get you to deposit, or that they actually sold your number to another company thats trying to get you to purchase a non-gambling product?

WileOut
    WileOut's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

The number in Florida is actually Bookmaker. Bookmaker didn't sell his info. They call me every now and then to offer bonuses. I seen nothing wrong with it, in fact I appreciate it. I always turn it down but one day I may take them up on it if I need to deposit. I'm always nice to the people they are just trying to make a living like everyone else.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by WileOut View Post
    I'm always nice to the people they are just trying to make a living like everyone else.
    I agree. I'll normally hang up on regular telemarketers, but for people in the gambling industry, employees at books I can stand, I'll give them the time of day and at least act interested because they really only want 2 minutes of your time to make their pitch. I always just say okay, shoot me an email with the offer.