poison01
    poison01's Avatar Become A Pro!

A question about pinnacles returned payment policy

Hi everyone,

I have recently gone to pinnacle as my book and use instadebit as my transfer method.
    This morning i found that one of my transfers from instadebit to pinnacle got returned from my bank and im currently working with instadebit to get them the funds i owe.
    Reading pinnacles rules however i found that if they get a message saying the payment was returned all winnings are forfeited?
    Is this exactly how it reads? Or if i correct the problem in a timely manner with instadebit is my account just locked until then.
    This has happened one other time with another book i used and all they did was lock my account and funds (with winnings) until the matter was resolved.
    I sure hope due to unforseen circumstances i dont lose my winnings, can anyone shed somelight on this?

Thanks and sorry for the long winded first post!

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

First off, Welcome to the SBR forum

If you contact them ASAP once you learned of this issue (within 5 days), then you might have a chance to keep your account in good standing (need to hear the books version of the story). However, I'm sure you will lose the [iSBRFORUM]Instadebit[/iSBRFORUM] payment solution option in the future.

poison01

Thanks for the quick reply Dan and thank you for the warm welcome!
    I have contacted instadebit already to see if i can resolve it through them before it gets back to pinnacle (it just happened this afternoon)
    Do you suggest i also then inform pinnacle of the problem?
    Ive done many transactions through instadebit to pinnacle and other sites and just incurred this boo boo today.
    Have you seen this issue at all before?
    Are they reasonable with keeping your winnings if you clear this up quickly?

Brady2Moss
    Brady2Moss's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hey poison, a similar thing happened to me when I was at pinnacle... It was a mistake, but it turned into quite a hassle..

Basically I deposited money via Instadebit and I had the money in the wrong account (savings not chequing) so the transaction failed and I repayed pinny quickly, without wagering any of the money in my account and they blocked all instadebit/credit card/ any transfer that allows wagering before funds cleared.

So after that I am forced to fund my account by Wire transfer which is a pain in the ass...

poison01

Quote Originally Posted by Brady2Moss View Post
    Hey poison, a similar thing happened to me when I was at pinnacle... It was a mistake, but it turned into quite a hassle..

Basically I deposited money via Instadebit and I had the money in the wrong account (savings not chequing) so the transaction failed and I repayed pinny quickly, without wagering any of the money in my account and they blocked all instadebit/credit card/ any transfer that allows wagering before funds cleared.

So after that I am forced to fund my account by Wire transfer which is a pain in the ass...
    Hey Brady, thanks for your response.
    Did Pinnacle let you keep your winnings? And then from then on you had to use wire transfer?

Brady2Moss

Well when I noticed that the transaction failed, I didnt use my account so I wouldnt know. But after that I just used Wire Transfers for deposits and withdrawals. Over a certain amount they will cover your bank fee for a wire transfer ($1000 US or $1200 CAD) and they will cover the ($30-$50) charged by your bank.

Try and look for a good bank that has low fees on recieving and sending wires, my bank charges $10 for international incoming wires and $30 for international outgoing wires.

fiveteamer
    Sweet berry wine!!!
    fiveteamer's Avatar Become A Pro!

B2M, pinny cut off your instadebit privileges?

Brady2Moss

Yes, but they will still allow me to withdraw via Instadebit. I just cant deposit with Instadebit...

Brady2Moss

I wish I could, because

1) its very easy to do, (dont have to go to the bank to ask for a wire)
    2) its instant
    3) its free (well I guess the wire is also, but you have to deposit a certain amount)

playersonly69
    playersonly69's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 142

Quote Originally Posted by poison01 View Post
    Thanks for the quick reply Dan and thank you for the warm welcome!
    I have contacted instadebit already to see if i can resolve it through them before it gets back to pinnacle (it just happened this afternoon)
    Do you suggest i also then inform pinnacle of the problem?
    Ive done many transactions through instadebit to pinnacle and other sites and just incurred this boo boo today.
    Have you seen this issue at all before?
    Are they reasonable with keeping your winnings if you clear this up quickly?

If this was your first instadebit deposit, then all winnings HAVE to be forfeited. Too many guys trying to take a free shot at them otherwise. Quite a few of the books will negate all winnings from ANY DEPOSIT that doesnt clear

poison01

Quote Originally Posted by playersonly69 View Post
    If this was your first instadebit deposit, then all winnings HAVE to be forfeited. Too many guys trying to take a free shot at them otherwise. Quite a few of the books will negate all winnings from ANY DEPOSIT that doesnt clear
    Thanks for the reply playersonly, this is not my first instadebit transaction through pinnacle, ive done quite a few through them just this one was a problem, so i should be okay then keeping my winnings?

poison01

Well i have spoken with pinnacle and am sending a *********** to instadebit to clear this up, they have advised me they have put a hold on the deposit amount in my pinnacle account and i am okay to play with the rest of my balance.
    This eases my mind as im leaving tonight on vacation for two weeks so hopefully all is cleared up while im gone.
    Thanks everyone for their input and help!
    Ill keep everyone updated if theres any future development after i come back.