SharpAsASkunk
    SharpAsASkunk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1401

Re-instated bet on William Hill

Hi,

On January 17, I placed a bet with William Hill for the Fleetwood v AFC Wimbledon match. At around 12pm William Hill voided the bet so I placed my bet elsewhere. On January 18 at 7:30am (4 hours before the match was to start) I received an email from William Hill informing me that my bet was back on. They claimed that they mistakenly voided my bet and now they were correcting their error. At this time I didn't want the bet anymore but there wasn't anything I could do. They went on to claim that if they hadn't re-instated the bet and it was a winner that I would have contacted them expecting the winnings, this is not true. I have accepted many voided bets in my history and a few from William Hill and never complained. I had never heard of bookmakers re-instating bets after they have been voided and there is no mention of this in William Hill's terms and conditions. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks, Jordy.

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20580

If you contacted them before the match and requested it be cancelled then, in the circumstances that's what they should have done.

You wouldn't have been on any firm grounds to then turn around and claim it as a winner after the event so their argument is nonsense.

Kaabee
    Kaabee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

this is not right. they should have just informed you it was a mistake and left it up to you to decide if you wanted to place it again. and them playing mind-reader saying what you would have done is ridiculous.

fury
    fury's Avatar Become A Pro!

If they voided the bet and it was canceled in your bet history, they should've asked you to reconfirm the bet.

Ruifgalmeida
    Ruifgalmeida's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

yeap they should've asked you to reconfirm the bet, pure steal.

FourLengthsClear
    King of the Idiots
    FourLengthsClear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 508

I have never seen this before.

To my mind a voided bet should not be reinstated but I have to ask whether you were aware of the bet being reinstated before kick-off? If so, I am sure it would have been possible to cancel given the acknowledged error on the part of William Hill.

It is probably worth submitting a complaint through SBR and it would probably help your case if you can demonstrate/prove that you placed the bet elsewhere after being informed that the wager at William Hill had been voided.

SharpAsASkunk

Here is a screenshot of my history in Will Hill.
    Attached Images  

Hareeba!

lodge a complaint with SBR
    if they can't sort it for you refer it to IBAS

gafl
    gafl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 706

Once they canceled the bet, that should have been it. If they realized a mistake was made, they could offer you the original bet and leave it up to you to accept or decline.

skrtelfan
    skrtelfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3337

Agree with everyone else but this isn't uncommon. I've had Pinnacle, of all places, do that to me a couple times when they mistakenly voided baseball bets with listed pitchers but the listed pitchers did play. In those cases they reinstated the bet. I agree it's bush league but even Pinnacle does it.

SBRMAN23
    Be humble sit down
    SBRMAN23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1460

They def shouldnt of done that wow file a complaint for sure

dikefale
    dikefale's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yes you should contact them and resolve this.

But on other hand. They have send you mail 4 hours before,so you knew it. Why you didnt contact them before game started?

bigugly
    bigugly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 298

Give WILLHILL a chance to fix it. If they don't, then fill out SBR complaint.

I think WILLHILL is playing with fire when they do something like this...

SharpAsASkunk

I have contacted them multiple times to state my case to multiple people. They are adamant that my bet will remain a loser. They did email me 4 hours before gametime but that was 7am for me, by the time I woke up the match had already started.

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by SharpAsASkunk View Post
    I have contacted them multiple times to state my case to multiple people. They are adamant that my bet will remain a loser. They did email me 4 hours before gametime but that was 7am for me, by the time I woke up the match had already started.
    your case is beginning to sound weaker
    I thought you said you had contacted them before the start of the game
    so you didn't get up until after 11am?

have you lodged a complaint with SBR or IBAS yet?

chance
    chance's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 833

William Hill have a f___ you attitude to it's customers. I doubt they will give a shit.

sharpcircle
    sharpcircle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

Quote Originally Posted by Hareeba! View Post
    your case is beginning to sound weaker I thought you said you had contacted them before the start of the game so you didn't get up until after 11am? have you lodged a complaint with SBR or IBAS yet?
    He never claimed to contact them before the game, you misread what he said. He contacted them after the bet was cancelled and the event was over. They contacted him at 7am, four hours before the event, when the OP said he was sleeping.