TheDon72
    TheDon72's Avatar Become A Pro!

Check by Courier

Hey guys I have made my first pay which I am really excited about. Turned 50-500 on Bodog. A few questions is it taking about 7 days for everyone, and does courier mean by mail or fed-ex/ups type of thing. Also does anyone have experience cashing checks at Wal-Mart or other Cash stores.

MickeyMan
    MickeyMan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14295

I got a cheque by courier from partypoker once, it took 2 days and yeah it came with fed ex

RollPlayer
    RollPlayer's Avatar Become A Pro!

My last Bodog check came by way of registered mail. I had to go to the post office to pick it up

spartangreen
    spartangreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 479

I dont think you will be able to cash it at a walmart, but probably at a check cashing store, as long as its drawn on a US bank that they can confirm.

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J
    ngates815's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by TheDon72 View Post
    Hey guys I have made my first pay which I am really excited about. Turned 50-500 on Bodog. A few questions is it taking about 7 days for everyone, and does courier mean by mail or fed-ex/ups type of thing. Also does anyone have experience cashing checks at Wal-Mart or other Cash stores.

Last check I received from Bodog came from some place out in Connecticut. It came USPS (post office) It had to be signed on delivery, which sucks because my mail comes around 11 every day, and I'm not home to sign for it. But yes, you'd have to go to the post office and pick it up if you miss it 2 times I believe.

Depending on when you requested the check, they weren't processing checks on Monday since it was a holiday is what I was told from 5 dimes, so it would be an extra day or 2 they said. Same thing could be for bodog.

I always take mine to my bank, and they've never questioned it. IF you take it to a check cashing place, don't they charge you a percent? May want to think twice about that, if it's the case.

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Yeah, check cashing joints charge a retarded amount - something stupid like 12% I think? Different states have different laws about check cashing and what percentage can be charged for the service. If you don't have a bank account, just go to your local bank and open a simple savings account. Deposit the check, wait for it to clear, then make a withdrawal. Then, in the future, you have a bank to use.

sundin4prez
    sundin4prez's Avatar Become A Pro!

got my last check out of montreal.... took about 10 days or so from requesting it to in my hand....

urge2kill
    urge2kill's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1531

I requested a check from Bodog 12/30 and USPS delivered it on 1/18. It was sent certified or registered or whatev but the mailman just put it in my box so I didn't have to sign for anything.

And credit unions are better than banks IMO. Never had a problem depositing checks or using my debit card to make deposits.

David
    David's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13444

I would cash it at your bank.

stevek173
    stevek173's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5964

Get a checking account for multiple reasons.

Congrats on your win

Jackson Hole
    Jackson Hole's Avatar Become A Pro!

Walmart only excepts payroll or government checks I believe.

HenryHill
    HenryHill's Avatar Become A Pro!

Only payout by check I have ver received was from BETUS...they gave me a 50 free play and I turned that into the max payout of 500...took about 6 days total to arrive, came via UPS and I took it to one of those middle easter check cashing centers in a stip mall...no way I was taking that sketchy looking check to wells or bofa...they cashed it for a 10 fee tho no problem- def take it to a check cashing center and not a legit bank- thats just my 2 cents